Are Manchester United really the 'biggest' club itw?

Kul_z

I just listened to the segment again. He said there was a tiktok survery of global brands within the last two months and United came out twice as high as the next sports brand which was Barcelona.

Tik tok-india-man united supporters. Check ehich is the club that is most supported in india, man united is by a long mile ahead of everyone, and they mostly support pl clubs.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I put these clubs in tiers personally (in no particular order):-

Tier 1:- Barcelona, Real Madrid, Man Utd
Tier 2:- Liverpool, Bayern, Juventus, Flamengo, Corinthians, Boca, River Plate
Tier 3:- Sau Paulo, Palmeiras, Inter, Milan, Celtic,
Tier 4:- Rangers, Marseille, Benfica, Ajax
Tier 5:- Arsenal, Valencia, Atletico, Roma,
Tier 6:- Chelsea, Lazio, Dortmund, Napoli,
Tier 7:- Others

etc

KingLeo10

etc

Popularity alone, I assume? There's no justifiable way for United to be above Milan, Pool, Bayern on sporting grounds. And they are at best equal with Juventus and slightly above Inter Milan.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

etc

This must be based on some sort of perceived popularity I take. Flamengo, Corinthians and Boca etc. have a lot of fans for sure. Even Galatasaray has a big fanbase I read.

But even that, placing the likes of Chelsea and Dortmund far below the likes of Celtic, Rangers and Marseille doesn't look right to me at all.

Rassvet

That's a bit too hipstery with all the clubs outside the top 5 leagues. My current rankings of the biggest clubs would probably be something like this:

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Manchester United
4. Bayern Munich
5. Liverpool
6. AC Milan
7. Juventus

soul24rage

That's a bit too hipstery with all the clubs outside the top 5 leagues. My current rankings of the biggest clubs would probably be something like this:

1. Real Madrid
2. Barcelona
3. Manchester United
4. Bayern Munich
5. Liverpool
6. AC Milan
7. Juventus

Sounds about right.

Then Arsenal at 8th for me.

Catta

I would put Chelsea ahead of Arsenal. 2 CLs to 0, and generally decent pedigree in Europe. They have a nice record v Bayern, Barca, RM in Europe.

I would put Ajax over both. Looking at the complete football history Ajax was a European giant for a much longer time than Chelsea.

But it is hard to make lists like these, the only club that is certain is Real. The rest are close to each other, Barca, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern, United, all could be considered the second biggest. It is based on personal preference.

KingLeo10

I would put Ajax over both. Looking at the complete football history Ajax was a European giant for a much longer time than Chelsea.

But it is hard to make lists like these, the only club that is certain is Real. The rest are close to each other, Barca, Milan, Liverpool, Bayern, United, all could be considered the second biggest. It is based on personal preference.

Agree on Ajax. Not just the 4 European cups, but how they won them.

They destroyed Bayern, Inter, Juve for the 70s ones, and then beat Bayern and Capello's Milan in 95.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans