Arda Turan

Silas

11693838_1104941842867830_4311509794748223949_n.jpg

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Arda is probably rotation for the wings then. Lucho might play him in midfield but I think he's happy with what he's got there.

People are convinced he will play in central midfield. He could play there but remember he played 90% of his career on the flanks. It's more likely he will be on the wings.

adRHCP

Wow, strange signing. I was just talking about it with a friend of mine (Barça fan) a fee days ago. He told me he'd be Iniesta's replacement and I was like: what?

So, what's the logic behind this move? Is Pedro on his way out now with Arda in? Considering he can play on the wings and I guess he'll take a major place (at least as the first sub option) since his transfer fee was kinda high.

I gotta be honest, I was hoping Juve would step in since the opportunity to sign him raised. A player with a lot of grinta, capable of playing on different position, agile, technical dribbler (he'll last longer than those pace babys). Excellent player for us, since we're lacking on the creative department. But oh well, our market is almost certainly done.

Ekul

Rakitic is better technically than Arda Turan IMO.

I guess it depends on someone's perception of a technical player. For me it is someone like Arda, Iniesta, Xavi, Isco, etc. players who have great ball mastery and are intelligent, with good vision and decision making. Someone else may define technical excellence as someone like Rakitic, Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Rooney etc. who have great passing/shooting technique but don't have as much guile and creativity as the other type of players.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I guess it depends on someone's perception of a technical player. For me it is someone like Arda, Iniesta, Xavi, Isco, etc. players who have great ball mastery and are intelligent, with good vision and decision making. Someone else may define technical excellence as someone like Rakitic, Gerrard, Juninho, Rooney etc. who have great passing/shooting technique but don't have as much guile and creativity as the other type of players.

Arda is better technically than rakitic. First touch just as good and better close control/dribbling.

mazp

I'm ok with signing. La Liga winner and CL finalist. He adds needed depth. Barca have a ton of games this season. Hope he could make an impact like Suarez, in the all important second half of the season and business end.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Since Barcelona's 'transfer ban' they've signed:
Suarez
Vermaelen
Bravo
Ter Stegen
Rakitic
Arda Turan. And then you complain that your board is dumb.. Meanwhile we signed Bale and aren't doing shit atm.

Jombi

I guess it depends on someone's perception of a technical player. For me it is someone like Arda, Iniesta, Xavi, Isco, etc. players who have great ball mastery and are intelligent, with good vision and decision making. Someone else may define technical excellence as someone like Rakitic, Gerrard, Xabi Alonso, Rooney etc. who have great passing/shooting technique but don't have as much guile and creativity as the other type of players.

Rakitic has excellent vision and creativity. His combinations with the forward line is fantastic IMO. Arda is a better dribbler though, but Raki has better vision.

Home of Barca Fans