Antoine Griezmann

Barcilliant

We always seem to create drama when buying a player.

This is the fucking problem or I should say Barto is the problem. He is pissung off every club in Europe with his mad ax man style of negotiating. Telling players to go on strike, low balling despite there being a clear buy out price. We knew the price. If Barto wanted him so bad he should have budgeted for him. How about selling Malcom for 40 million, Rafinha for 20. That's 60 million there.

And Barto must have given Griezmann instructions that he needs to down tools. Seen this before? Dembele anyone?

What a complete fucking looney Barto is.

gr98

[tw]1147913223930294278[/tw]

"Payment of Griezmann's clause tomorrow or on Tuesday afternoon at the latest. (AS)"

Last edited:

Newcomer

This is the fucking problem or I should say Barto is the problem. He is pissung off every club in Europe with his mad ax man style of negotiating. Telling players to go on strike, low balling despite there being a clear buy out price. We knew the price. If Barto wanted him so bad he should have budgeted for him. How about selling Malcom for 40 million, Rafinha for 20. That's 60 million there.

And Barto must have given Griezmann instructions that he needs to down tools. Seen this before? Dembele anyone?

What a complete fucking looney Barto is.
To be honest, i was not surprised with Dembélé because he did it before at Rennes (his first pro club). It fits with his character (not really the brightest guy and he does not respect his clubs).
I am surprised with Griezmann though because, despite his videos antics, he seemed to be professional. I'm very disappointed if he pulls off this kind of thing. You sign a contract, you have to be professional until your contract is over or until you are being transferred to another team.

Bartomeu is not the problem in this case. A player should not do this kind of stunt regardless of Bartomeu influence.

CulerMania

To be honest, i was not surprised with Dembélé because he did it before at Rennes (his first pro club). It fits with his character (not really the brightest guy and he does not respect his clubs).
I am surprised with Griezmann though because, despite his videos antics, he seemed to be professional. I'm very disappointed if he pulls off this kind of thing. You sign a contract, you have to be professional until your contract is over or until you are being transferred to another team.

Bartomeu is not the problem in this case. A player should not do this kind of stunt regardless of Bartomeu influence.

Tell me what is the point of Griezmann turning up to training today when Barcelona are paying his buyout clause tomorrow or on tuesday and he will be traveling to Barcelona soon?

Newcomer

Tell me what is the point of Griezmann turning up to training today when Barcelona are paying his buyout clause tomorrow or on tuesday and he will be traveling to Barcelona soon?

My point is simple : Until the moment you are not a player of said club anymore, you have to do what you are bound to do by your contract. End of.

If he has a contract with Atletico and Atletico tells him to be present, he should be. If he wanted not to come back, he should have asked Barcelona to pay his release clause sooner. Bit like when City straight out bought the contract of Rodri days ago.

CulerMania

My point is simple : Until the moment you are not a player of said club anymore, you have to do what you are bound to do by your contract. End of.

If he has a contract with Atletico and Atletico tells him to be present, he should be. If he wanted not to come back, he should have asked Barcelona to pay his release clause sooner. Bit like when City straight out bought the contract of Rodri days ago.

Atleti told Griezmann that they would facilitate his transfer this summer if he told them in advance he was going to leave. He told them he was going to leave and they said they were grateful for him staying when they had a transfer ban and could have disappeard into obscurity and helped the be competitive. Then now atletico went back on their promise to him and are not willing to negotiate with Barcelona.

Newcomer

Atleti told Griezmann that they would facilitate his transfer this summer if he told them in advance he was going to leave. He told them he was going to leave and they said they were grateful for him staying when they had a transfer ban and could have disappeard into obscurity and helped the be competitive. Then now atletico went back on their promise to him and are not willing to negotiate with Barcelona.

Yeah. But all that is Griezmann camp talk. In other words, hearsay.

Since i will not believe in any party, be it Atletico, Griezmann or Barcelona, the only thing i can reliably rely on is the contract. Griezmann is an Atletico player until someone has agreed a fee with his club or the player has bought out his contract via his clause. So far, none of that has been done and he should respect his contract. No if or but.

And i'm not saying that because of Griezmann, Atletico or Barcelona. I have the exact same stance for Pogba, MU, Juve/Real Madrid. And i would have the same stance if Neymar or Mbappé try to do the same thing.
Rodri and City did it the proper way. Pay the release clause before it can lead to such troubles !

FC433

Why are we activating his clause just after a couple of days of A. Madrid's first training session? Why are we going through unnecessary inconvenience?

We know that Griezmann is going to Barca since his announcement. We are handling this transfer very very poorly.

michelco

Nobody should take Cerezo's constant and embarrassing public crying seriously. All his claims are empty talk unless he can provide proof which he has failed at doing and is unable to provide.

Aside from that the concept of buyout clauses renders "tapping up" useless as theoretically and in essence every player is on the market if the release clause is activated.

Where was Cerezo's crying when Bayern bought Lucas in the exact same manner or Man City's recent purchase of Rodri?

Patético being Patético.

Everyone here knows that I have no love lost for this board and that I have been arguably their greatest critic but sometimes you have to call out the bullshit even if that indirectly benefits the utter incompetence that is our current board.

Why should Griezmann show up after those hypocritical comments from that clown Cerezo? It was a public insult to a player that helped keep Patético relevant and stayed with them for another year despite interest from most top clubs. He does not owe them anything. Ran his ass of against Juve in the 2-0 win as well and played a great game.

He will be gone within days. No need to show up in freaking California on the other side of the earth and risk an injury for a team that you won't play a single game for anymore.

I agree in principle except that they're not going to California, they're going to Los Angeles de San Rafael, some 60 km north west of Madrid for their traditional start of pre-season.

Leo_Messi

I agree in principle except that they're not going to California, they're going to Los Angeles de San Rafael, some 60 km north west of Madrid for their traditional start of pre-season.

I am aware of that but I read a while ago that they are about to depart for the US in less than 1 week to play in that friendly tournament. Don't recall the name of that. Could be wrong though.

Regardless, as written, there is no purpose whatsoever for Griezmann to risk an injury by joining the Atlético training. It would be baseless for all 3 parties involved. He has no future at the club and Atlético cannot risk selling an injured (potentially seriously in case of bad luck) Griezmann.

The deal is literally hours from being finalized and made official. The board (despite my open dislike for them) have done nothing wrong here. They tried to make a deal with Atlético that would allow them not to pay the full transfer in one installment but it appears that they have failed at doing that since we don't want to include Semedo in the deal. Whatever is going on between Griezmann and Atlético (broken promises, accusations etc.) is not really the club's business.

Yeah. But all that is Griezmann camp talk. In other words, hearsay.

Since i will not believe in any party, be it Atletico, Griezmann or Barcelona, the only thing i can reliably rely on is the contract. Griezmann is an Atletico player until someone has agreed a fee with his club or the player has bought out his contract via his clause. So far, none of that has been done and he should respect his contract. No if or but.

And i'm not saying that because of Griezmann, Atletico or Barcelona. I have the exact same stance for Pogba, MU, Juve/Real Madrid. And i would have the same stance if Neymar or Mbappé try to do the same thing.
Rodri and City did it the proper way. Pay the release clause before it can lead to such troubles !

Griezmann has every right to not show up to a training session (deliberately) even if he remains (as of now) an Atlético player. He will just have to live with the consequences and the only such consequence will be a very tiny fine (for his income). That is if Griezmann and Atlético cannot come to terms by making a deal and stop acting like children.

If that tiny fine potentially prevents him from suffering a serious injury that will ruin his immediate and long-term future (potentially), I think he can live with that until we buy him (as rumored) either tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Why are we activating his clause just after a couple of days of A. Madrid's first training session? Why are we going through unnecessary inconvenience?

We know that Griezmann is going to Barca since his announcement. We are handling this transfer very very poorly.

This is completely normal when negotiations between both clubs have taken place. Neither Bayern nor Man City had any discussions with Atlético (that we know of) of alternative deals, players being included in the deal etc. so they simply paid the release clause after having informed Atlético of their interest a long time in advance much like Atlético (apparently) knew that Griezmann would be gone this summer months ago.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I really wonder what are they waiting for? :thinking: We all know he will be signed, we also know we need to pay 120 mil since ATM won't accept anything less, we all know he already agreed in March so WTF is happening?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans