Antoine Griezmann

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seems like a bluff by Laporta imo

Tough to move him tbf if he's insisting on Atletico. They'll try to rinse us again in a deal for him. Best case scenario is that we sell him to them next summer when they have more money to spend. Maybe if they fail to defend the title they'll actually spend some money on him.

Hopefully by that time we can get our finances in order and go for Haaland and a starting CB. Might be a long shot, but we'll see how it goes next few months...

xXKonan

I read earlier one of Atletico's tier ones thinks we will cave to Atletico's demands sooner or later.

Atletico wants us to do a straight swap with Saul with no money involved while we pay half his wages.

ajnotkeith

Laporta 100% bluffing on Griezmann, giving him a pay cut is just kicking the can down the road (we still haven't signed Messi and registered our new signings...) Unfortunately in the situation we're in we can't get 100% market price on our players and keeping Griezmann with Aguero, Depay, Fati, Braithwaite and possibly Manaj up front doesn't seem realistic for a club with our financial issues. Btw fuck Griezmann for making this so difficult, he'll only agree to leave to our DIRECT league rival who are also giving us a terrible deal. I'm sure in the PL there are clubs willing to give us a great fee, especially Chelsea. I also don't see the point of us getting Saul from Atletico when that position is flooded already and we have a ton of youth knocking on the door for minutes.

If I was Laporta I just cut my losses here and let Griezmann go for cheap, tho. We need to rebuild and he's only getting older. It'll be easier to restructure our debt and renegotiate our payments to the banks if we get an earner like him off the wage bill

khaled_a_d

I read earlier one of Atletico's tier ones thinks we will cave to Atletico's demands sooner or later.

Atletico wants us to do a straight swap with Saul with no money involved while we pay half his wages.

What is the incentive for Barca? The whole Griezmann thing is about us saving money.
If we pay half and get Saul wage, we are barely saving anything, nothing we can't cut from another players we can move out.

If I was Laporta I just cut my losses here and let Griezmann go for cheap

We are already letting him for cheap, the thing is teams won't allow us to even do that and want it to be costly for us

ajnotkeith

What is the incentive for Barca? The whole Griezmann thing is about us saving money.
If we pay half and get Saul wage, we are barely saving anything, nothing we can't cut from another players we can move out.

We are already letting him for cheap, the thing is teams won't allow us to even do that and want it to be costly for us

Imo it is Griezmann who is causing it to be costly for us. He only accepts to leave for one team that happens to be our direct rival, therefore they have us over a barrel in negotiations since that's the only exit option. A team like Chelsea will pay like 30m for Griez and not force us to pay his wages. Don't give af*** if he's taking a pay cut he is ruining our finances in a crazy way and he knows it. Not only that but also that Atletico would get even stronger as a rival

Yes we are getting fucked over if we essentially sell him for free but right now we are desperate for liquidity and to fix our debt repayment plans, unless Laporta wants to sell off our licensing we don't have much of a choice other than to release players for free/low cost. Griezmann is one of those who is expendable.

Joan

No way we agree to such deal. Pointless as we still can't sign Messi and lose a good player while at it.

khaled_a_d

Imo it is Griezmann who is causing it to be costly for us. He only accepts to leave for one team that happens to be our direct rival, therefore they have us over a barrel in negotiations since that's the only exit option.

This is only correct if we have offers for Griezmann, but truth is we don't. Nothing that at least came from sources from other clubs (and I don't trust Catalan media when it come to sales)

Don't give af*** if he's taking a pay cut he is ruining our finances in a crazy way and he knows it. Not only that but also that Atletico would get even stronger as a rival

Not sure if you are talking about him taking pay cut here or elsewhere.
Him taking pay cut here will be improvement, but will it be enough?

Him taking pay cut elsewhere is significant. He is over paid 30 years old player.
For that he is simply a negative asset, despite being good player.
That would discourage any team from going after him, which puts us in a loophole.

malvolio

This is only correct if we have offers for Griezmann, but truth is we don't. Nothing that at least came from sources from other clubs (and I don't trust Catalan media when it come to sales)

no serious club was in for him when he was at atleti and had the 120M release clause. and he was younger back then and a fresh WC winner.

He is over paid 30 years old player.
For that he is simply a negative asset, despite being good player.
That would discourage any team from going after him, which puts us in a loophole.

the biggest problem is he is an overrated(from talent perspective) player also. a 30 year old neymar, messi or ronaldo can get paid like that. griezmann didn't even have the talent of a robben or hazard.

ajnotkeith

����[ @gerardromero��] | Alba, Umtiti and Pjanić refuse to accept the pay cut that Bar?a is demanding.

Bums

Koeman should send Umtiti and Pjanic down to B. They should be working hard for minutes and trying to get in favour not sitting there doing nothing collecting checks. If they will ruin our finances then don't let them get another minute for A.

BBZ8800

It's almost August.
It seems we won't be able to sell anyone due to high wages.

There will be a lot of drama regarding registering Messi and new signings.
Unless if Tebas suddenly allows us to sign everyone.

Home of Barca Fans