Antoine Griezmann

Rory

Tbh expected more of a bullshit interview. Does sort of sound whiney though. This is where footballers are so detached from reality. He's paid tens of millions a year, no one is crying for him getting criticism for poor performances. Go off social media, just have private accounts you share with friends (probably already done) if he can't handle what social media / the media throw at him. I honestly never read a newspaper living in spain because I can never find where they are in a store, someone who more than likely doesn't do his own shopping doesn't have to see the papers even sitting there in a supermarket. Needs to just crack on now, try his best and tell his family and past or current associates to keep his name out their mouths.

Messi983

Did explain the Messi stuff well though and maybe that's helped? who knows..

Again, this was the whole point of his interview but people are only talking about other things he said.

I also find it strange that people are still holding that documentary against Griezmann but when Messi did his La Decision video a few months ago everything was ok, lol. And Messi was actually the one saying more bad things about the club than Griezmann ever did.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He is a clown. Only a clown would film "La Decision." I would be content with him being a clown if he weren't underperforming. So far he's a terrible fit and even then still manages to miss a clear-cut chance in every game.

FinBarcelonafan

?I told Leo I would speak in public, even though I don?t like it in order to clear the air. I?m in need of everybody?s help, from the fans, and the club. I already have support from my teammates. It would be nice if people would take it easy on me, or to not get so much shtick from journalists. I would like it if they left me alone. My manager trusts me.?

Well we have the right to critizice you when you constantly underperforming so deal with it.
Its football at the highest level not a freaking scout camp where we sing kumbaya round the campfire.

This sounds like every player who failed with Barca. Coutinho before, Andre Gomes etc.

FinBarcelonafan

He is a clown. Only a clown would film "La Decision." I would be content with him being a clown if he weren't underperforming. So far he's a terrible fit and even then still manages to miss a clear-cut chance in every game.

Not to mention filming it and then changing his decision after one year. That made him a true clown. Nobody wanted him at Barca after that..

Messi983

Not to mention filming it and then changing his decision after one year. That made him a true clown. Nobody wanted him at Barca after that..

He changed his mind because his amigos have left.

If Messi wanted to leave because of that then why Griezmann shouldn't do the same?

FinBarcelonafan

He changed his mind because his amigos have left.

If Messi wanted to leave because of that then why Griezmann shouldn't do the same?

Who left from Atletico?

Yeah but even then, he was talking in his video this is my club yada yada and yet changes his decision. It's a joke no matter what happens.

fergus90

Again, this was the whole point of his interview but people are only talking about other things he said.

I also find it strange that people are still holding that documentary against Griezmann but when Messi did his La Decision video a few months ago everything was ok, lol. And Messi was actually the one saying more bad things about the club than Griezmann ever did.

Not that I care about either video but the context behind them was completely different. Griezmann was advertising that decision documentary as some kind of movie to build up this huge anticipation for his club choice.

Messi did an exclusive interview when everyone was doing backflips over the fact he wants out of Barca and nothing had been publicly said yet after the humiliation.

Alik

Not that I care about either video but the context behind them was completely different. Griezmann was advertising that decision documentary as some kind of movie to build up this huge anticipation for his club choice.

Messi did an exclusive interview when everyone was doing backflips over the fact he wants out of Barca and nothing had been publicly said yet after the humiliation.

Yeah, they're not comparable at all.

Messi983

Who left from Atletico?

Yeah but even then, he was talking in his video this is my club yada yada and yet changes his decision. It's a joke no matter what happens.

Godin and Lucas Hernandez.

I've never bothered to watch his video but did he actually said anything bad (or anything at all) about Barca there that people are still holding that against him after more than two years?

Level of hate he gets here just because of that video is stupid.

Criticising him for not scoring is understandable and I'm sure he agrees he's underperforming. It's not his fault he's not a fit for the team but he's doing his best to adapt and being used the way different coaches want him to play. And he's working his ass off defensively so Messi (and Suarez last year) can walk around upfront.

malvolio

Godin and Lucas Hernandez.

I've never bothered to watch his video but did he actually said anything bad (or anything at all) about Barca there that people are still holding that against him after more than two years?

Level of hate he gets here just because of that video is stupid.

Criticising him for not scoring is understandable and I'm sure he agrees he's underperforming. It's not his fault he's not a fit for the team but he's doing his best to adapt and being used the way different coaches want him to play. And he's working his ass off defensively so Messi (and Suarez last year) can walk around upfront.

you sure put a lot of effort in to making this about messi again.

Messi983

And again, was there anything bad Griezmann said about Barca? Or did he just said he'll stay because he "loves" Atletico? I've wanted him in 2018 but I understood and respected his decision to stay and then I also understood he changed his mind last season after circumstances at Atletico have changed for him.

Their main goal was to play the CL final at their home stadium and I think that was also one of the reasons why they've eventually convinced Griezmann to stay. But then they were eliminated against Juve after winning 2-0 at home. Two of his best friends also left the club so his situation in 2019 wasn't all that different to what happened with Messi this summer.

But Messi's actions (especially as a captain) were more damaging to Barca's image than whatever Griezmann did (with either his video or changing his mind a year after; if anything it was his own image that was the most damaged but not Barca's). It doesn't really matter if his anger was pointed at Bartomeu for not letting him leave. In the end it was the club that suffered the most.

Messi983

you sure put a lot of effort in to making this about messi again.

I do because it is mainly about Messi. This interview would imo never happen if those journalists wouldn't bother Messi on the airport coming back from Argentina last week. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was the decision they've made together to try and bring a stability back to the team and end those stupid speculations about their bad relationship (which I've never believed to start with). But I don't doubt that Griezmann not being comfortable in our system is a lot due to Messi's presence. From a pure sporting perspective not some off the field stuff. They like to play in the same areas and obviously Griezmann is the one who needed to adapt to Messi and not otherwise.

Home of Barca Fans