Antoine Griezmann

Rory

Honestly it's so hard these last couple years to know what a good player is and what good player under a shit manager is. At the moment Messi and Ter stegen are players who are in the top 3 for their positions. Everyone else nah, not even frenkie which says a lot

KingLeo10

Beat Tottenham 4-2 away, while Tottenham made the CL finals. Drew with Tottenham with our back-up players. Beat Madrid convincingly in the league. Plenty of proof that the squad is top quality.

Unless you think Roma have a better squad, and that's why we lost there 3-0. Or Shaqiri and Origi are better than Messi and Suarez. Cause that's 66% of Liverpool's attack that beat us 4-0. Their back-up players.

And beat Liverpool 3-0 at Camp Nou. The midfield was getting skinned by pressure in that game. Any non blind manager would have inserted Arthur for the Anfield leg (a mistake which had already cost EV at Roma), but this genius kept the exact same midfield. And predictably, we posed no attacking threat, couldn't handle the press, and Raki gifted a goal to top it off.

:lol:

serghei

And beat Liverpool 3-0 at Camp Nou. The midfield was getting skinned by pressure in that game. Any non blind manager would have inserted Arthur for the Anfield leg (a mistake which had already cost EV at Roma), but this genius kept the exact same midfield. And predictably, we posed no attacking threat, couldn't handle the press, and Raki gifted a goal to top it off.

:lol:

Don't get me started again. Liverpool made Valverde unhirable by any top team after Barcelona. Man was exposed as a fraud that doesn't belong at that level. The team and Messi carried his ass to that semi and gifted him a 3-0 lead that he blew like an idiot agianst a Liverpool team missing their best players.

booge

We had prime Messi.
We have granny Messi now.
We had prime Xavi-Busi-Iniesta.
We don't have a single player who can get into the same sentence with them now.
We had Pep who was buying players who he needed.
We have Bartoclown, Robert and Abidal today.
Our sporting director was Txiki.
Today we have Abidal.

This is the most clown era on all levels.
A clown president.
A clown sporting director.
A clown coach.
The most overrated or washed out or bad fits bunch of players ever.

But cool attempt from you.
Keep em coming.
At least you are trying...
Unlike our players.

Your absolutely spot on but Messi will always save Barca at some level.
He is like the Sir Alex Ferguson effect but as a player.

But yes. You've laid out what many people were envisaging a good few years ago which was the decline of the club as a whole. This is now complete. It cannot get any worse. It's a total shambles.

I would not worry about Messi being a Grandad though as by your logic this decline of the club is going to put more expectation on the star player. It will high light his flaws more.
But I think he is far from over.

BBZ8800

Beat Tottenham 4-2 away, while Tottenham made the CL finals. Drew with Tottenham with our back-up players. Beat Madrid convincingly in the league. Plenty of proof that the squad is top quality.

Unless you think Roma have a better squad, and that's why we lost there 3-0. Or Shaqiri and Origi are better than Messi and Suarez. Cause that's 66% of Liverpool's attack that beat us 4-0. Their back-up players.

Beat Tottenham in a group stage when there is no sudden death pressure.
You had my stats how Barca is the worst among top teams when it comes to away CL matches in the last 10, 20 or even 30 years.

Real Madrid?
Haven't we seen 100s of posts how this were the weakest RM and AM in years.

So, let me get this straight:
When EV wins La ligas=La liga is very weak and anyone would have done the same.

When we talk about our players=they won against a mighty RM?
And that is a proof how they are actually awesome players?

I mean, I'll stop.
Why even bother?
And KingLeo and some other users are calling others for mental gymnastic.

Aren't posts like these worth an Olympic gold medal in mental gymnastic?

I'll gladly give you guys one of my numerous medals.

BBZ8800

Last season he was still Lampardic, the massive goalscoring threat. Just recently transformed into the defensive beast he is now.

I was posting numbers last season, Arthur was the worst in defensive stats and with zero goals and assists in almost whole career.

Then Arthur's goals in this season have turned him into an attacking machine.

You guys are trolling about Anfield and Rome.
This season, Frenkie-Arthur combo is on a verge of a hystorical achievement of being KO'd in a group stage.

But let's add mental gymnastic here and:
1. Rakitic is guilty for Anfield and Rome
2. While a magical duo is not guilty for a disaster in midfield happening this season

I mean, world records in mental gymnastic are being changed each few minutes on Barcaforum.

Keep em coming, guys.

mc_lovin

You cant just take last season and compare it to this. Frenkie and Arthur arent the only variables that changed. Football never worked that way.

JohnN

About Raki, he is bashed by everyone because of 2 reasons.
1. He was instrumental in getting blown away by Liverpool last season.
2. He acts like a self entitled prick since last summer.

Those are simple facts. You can deal with them and move on or get emotionaly involved and continue this endless cycle of insulting other players, because somebody insulted your favourite player.

Please for all our sake, accept that Artur right now is a better player than rakitic was last year and this year, and move the hell on.

serghei

Beat Tottenham in a group stage when there is no sudden death pressure.
You had my stats how Barca is the worst among top teams when it comes to away CL matches in the last 10, 20 or even 30 years.

Real Madrid?
Haven't we seen 100s of posts how this were the weakest RM and AM in years.

So, let me get this straight:
When EV wins La ligas=La liga is very weak and anyone would have done the same.

When we talk about our players=they won against a mighty RM?
And that is a proof how they are actually awesome players?

I mean, I'll stop.
Why even bother?
And KingLeo and some other users are calling others for mental gymnastic.

Aren't posts like these worth an Olympic gold medal in mental gymnastic?

I'll gladly give you guys one of my numerous medals.

Lol, Madrid are a top side. When people say Madrid were weak in the league they don't mean they are not a top side. They mean they waste too many points against the small teams, to mount a serious title challenge. That's what happened to them since 2016-17. That's what crap in the league means for a 1bn euro team like Madrid/Barcelona. Not having shit players. :lol: But, as usual, fine details and context evade you completely.

El Clasico is a type of game you can't win consistently if you have anything less than very good players on every position. Look at Madrid, they couldn't beat us even in the years they won the CL and beat every other team in Europe. They still got beaten, often humiliated, by Barcelona.

Just use your logic man. What's more likely when you have a 1.2 billion euros rated team playing dross football against the likes of Leganes, Granada and such. Bad manager, or shit players? You seem to believe it's shit players. :lol: Which is just illogical.

This season, Frenkie-Arthur combo is on a verge of a hystorical achievement of being KO'd in a group stage.

You are shameless. And even that is not factually true. Arthur didn't even play in the 0-0 vs Slavia at home. How can you be responsible for games you don't play in? Look how bad your logic is. With a win vs Slavia at home we would've been almost through.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

I was posting numbers last season, Arthur was the worst in defensive stats and with zero goals and assists in almost whole career.

Then Arthur's goals in this season have turned him into an attacking machine.

You guys are trolling about Anfield and Rome.

But let's add mental gymnastic here and:
1. Rakitic is guilty for Anfield and Rome
2. While a magical duo is not guilty for a disaster in midfield happening this season

I mean, world records in mental gymnastic are being changed each few minutes on Barcaforum.

Keep em coming, guys.

Arthur, the midfield or the whole team really isn't performing very well (they are coincidentally all shit of course) but Rakitic surely wouldn't be an improvement. I mean just look how he played this season, or last season. Do you really think it would be better to play him? We've all seen how he adds absolutely nothing to the team.

Out of all people you chose EV and Rakitic to support...do you actually believe the stuff you write here or do you just like to argue and get other users riled up? I know you simply like to disagree with the forum and that's cool but sometimes it get's really bizarre.

Last edited:

Lapi

Just use your logic man. What's more likely when you have a 1.2 billion euros rated team playing dross football against the likes of Leganes, Granada and such. Bad manager, or shit players? You seem to believe it's shit players. :lol: Which is just illogical.

Hehe... BBZ and logic???
But in his defense: he is not the only one here who doesn't notice any system, any tactics, any strategy or the role of the coach.
He is the typical football fan, who just sees the players playing and therefore unable to recognize anything of the actual strategy.

But even more on the defense of BBZ, this is the general forum stupidity, folks want this midfielder or that attacker, and think that Valverde's horrible structure will be changed by one or two individual players.
Be it Ronaldo, Kante, Mbappe, Lewandovky or anyone else, they would submerge in the Coutinho or Griezmann path at Barca, because this strategy is just bad.

People are truly "football blind" who are unable to realize that the present shithole is not individual, but hugely collective.
Even Messi - the best ever - can't score an action-goal, just as the team won today by following two set-pieces.

serghei

Hehe... BBZ and logic???
But in his defense: he is not the only one here who doesn't notice any system, any tactics, any strategy or the role of the coach.
He is the typical football fan, who just sees the players playing and therefore unable to recognize anything of the actual strategy.

But even more on the defense of BBZ, this is the general forum stupidity, folks want this midfielder or that attacker, and think that Valverde's horrible structure will be changed by one or two individual players.
Be it Ronaldo, Kante, Mbappe, Lewandovky or anyone else, they would submerge in the Coutinho or Griezmann path at Barca, because this strategy is just bad.

People are truly "football blind" who are unable to realize that the present shithole is not individual, but hugely collective.
Even Messi - the best ever - can't score an action-goal, just as the team won today by following two set-pieces.

Yea, it's a common theme. Uninformed individuals 'dumbing' down the game so they could understand it better. Instead of making more effort and taking the time to develop their knowledge more.

Was the same on redcafe in the year I spent there. Only a handful of posters were interested to look things more in depth. The rest were all speaking as if another player will be the savior, while everything remained the same. Of course, the player was 'eaten' by the macro. Just like a disease eats a new fresh cell.

Home of Barca Fans