Antoine Griezmann

malvolio

Tebas: "Griezmann? Everything indicates that in a matter of hours he’ll be a Barça player. Barça need to sell one of their stars. They need to sell various players

well, we got rid of: lord douglas, lord prince boateng and gaylord denis. all in one day. we now have space for griezmann and neymar. :lol:

Leo_Messi

if this was a done deal he'd have been announced already

Not necessarily and everything points to it being a done deal.

It is about not (if possible) paying the fee at once which is mandatory if activating a buyout clause in Spain hence why PSG wanted (back in the day) to negotiate with us when Neymar was sold. We refused and the rest is history.

There have been talk of Semedo being part of a deal as well (potentially). Semedo is obviously not too content at the club and Roberto looks to be Malmierda's preferred option and Cholo wants Semedo and a spot is open in the team after Juanfran left.

There is also the option of Juve should they sell Cancelo to City which looks likely.

Last edited:

FCBfan22

There is something happening. There is no mention on official Twitter that Frenkie is now officially a Barca player today. And, yeah, they are probably trying to find a way around tax with Atleti.

Messi983

There is no tax on the buyout clause anymore.

It's just a matter of paying 120M at once or in 2 or possible 3 installments.

xXKonan

[tw]1146170332144951296[/tw]

Says Atletico doesn't discard the option of us Including Semedo to help possibly cheapen the deal.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

I couldnt care less about Semedo, but Wague seems to not have the best Nations cup. So we either gamble on Wague (who I like very much) or look for another rightback (back to step 1). For me it would be quite simple (bet on Wague), but Im not sure a serious club can and should act like that ;P

CatalinR10

Roberto and Wague as our RB ? LMAO

We're competing for all titles , not to stay in La Liga like a random 13'th placed team.

FC433

Only if Semedo is valued at least 50m. 60m + Semedo (60m) for Griezmann seems fair; otherwise, just activate his release clause.

mc_lovin

Roberto and Wague as our RB ? LMAO

We're competing for all titles , not to stay in La Liga like a random 13'th placed team.

Well, thats why I said Im not sure a serious club should act like that. But Semedo is just completely average and has zero charisma. I could live with getting 50-60ME for him and gambling a season on Wague or a cheap backup (Alves?). But then again, I wouldnt be mad if the club takes the safe route (keeping Semedo). But rightback is probably the position where we can impreove the most in coming seasons. I dont want to see Semedo or Roberto starting here mid to long term.

xXKonan

I have no clue what will happen if we give them Semedo.

Considering the rumors of the club wanting a real cheap option at LB, don't count on the Club investing money into the RB spot and just going with Wague.

abbbs97

Maybe thats why the deal is taking so long to be official. If the deal was done, then it would've already been announced. I think Semedo will be included to cheapen Griezmann's price in order to fund Neymar's transfer.

Home of Barca Fans