Ansu Fati (loaned to Brighton)

mc_lovin

Way too much money for an 18 year old that has to play a full season. Dumb contract, we got rinsed bad.

That's ridiculous. We can just stop paying competitive salaries all together and fade into oblivion. That's your idea?

5ME net or ~100k/week sounds very reasonable as others have pointed out. Especially if he earns less in his first years and more later on. We play around too much and he's gone to PSG for double that.

behindbrowneyes

Everything considered, I don't think this is too much for a player of his potential. It's just too much if he gets injury-prone and turns into Dembele 2.0, who is on much higher wages.

5M net is what Roberto is on. I'd even let Roberto go for free to "finance" Ansu's salary. Earlier reports suggested that Ansu's salary will grow gradually over the length of his contract, that's why I don't think he'll be on 5M net right away and earn above that in the last 2 years of his contract.

Laplacian

That's ridiculous. We can just stop paying competitive salaries all together and fade into oblivion. That's your idea?

5ME net or ~100k/week sounds very reasonable as others have pointed out. Especially if he earns less in his first years and more later on. We play around too much and he's gone to PSG for double that.

These are not competitive wages, it's overpaying. Players with more experience and achievements earn about 5mil euros a year.

Look at Real Madrid's squad and you'll see guys like Casemiro earning around 5,5 million a year. Vinicius has been playing year in and out and earns about 3million euros.

The reality is Fati is at best a prospect being given the wages of a veteran. It's Barcelona acting like a minnow club with money, overpaying because they believe players wouldn't stay otherwise. It's exactly why we're in this mess in the first place. Embarrassing people are justifying this. 5 Champions league titles and we're still acting like a newly taken over PSG.

If you're going to overpay, overpay for actual experienced players capable of scoring 30 a season. Not for an injury prone prospect that might come good because he had a good spell a year ago.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

These are not competitive wages, it's overpaying. Players with more experience and achievements earn about 5mil euros a year.

Look at Real Madrid's squad and you'll see guys like Casemiro earning around 5,5 million a year. Vinicius has been playing year in and out and earns about 3million euros.

The reality is Fati is at best a prospect being given the wages of a veteran. It's Barcelona acting like a minnow club with money, overpaying because they believe players wouldn't stay otherwise. It's exactly why we're in this mess in the first place. Embarrassing people are justifying this. 5 Champions league titles and we're still acting like a newly taken over PSG.

If you're going to overpay, overpay for actual experienced players capable of scoring 30 a season. Not for an injury prone prospect that might come good because he had a good spell a year ago.

That's hard to buy. Remember when they "sold" James? Quick google search says Vinicius is on 4ME with bonuses. But well, news are barely reliable. Casemiro would be truly dumb when you compare that to the likes of Alaba, Hazard and co... another source has Nacho on 90K/week...

Which begs the question, do we have numbers for Madrid's entire salary mass? Ours is well known since Laporta straight up told us the percentage of salary to revenue... did Perez do the same?

Rory

Personally think it's too much. If he would have had an entire season of regular playing time and had contributed frequently then fair enough. This salary is based on a very short amount of games.

I think Fati will be worth this money but it's the thought process behind giving him this contract that worries me. Seems like this board isn't too different from the previous one.

Still it's great to have him locked down and no bullshit in the media for the next couple of years at least about him leaving or whatever.

behindbrowneyes

Personally think it's too much. If he would have had an entire season of regular playing time and had contributed frequently then fair enough. This salary is based on a very short amount of games.

I think Fati will be worth this money but it's the thought process behind giving him this contract that worries me. Seems like this board isn't too different from the previous one.

Still it's great to have him locked down and no bullshit in the media for the next couple of years at least about him leaving or whatever.

Ansu Fati is a risk Barcelona has to take in current situation. Messi left and there is no money to buy a new star player. Not that the club invested those hundreds of millions wisely if you look how the careers of Coutinho, Dembele and Griezmann developed at the club.

If the board isn't too different regarding contracts is something we will find out with time. By "letting Messi go", 5M net for Ansu is a "luxury" they have earned.

Laplacian

That's hard to buy. Remember when they "sold" James? Quick google search says Vinicius is on 4ME with bonuses. But well, news are barely reliable. Casemiro would be truly dumb when you compare that to the likes of Alaba, Hazard and co... another source has Nacho on 90K/week...

Which begs the question, do we have numbers for Madrid's entire salary mass? Ours is well known since Laporta straight up told us the percentage of salary to revenue... did Perez do the same?

Madrid is notorious for underpaying its stars. If it's a big name transfer you'll likely get big wages especially if you're already earning big in another club. If you "make your name" through Madrid it'll be harder to get bigger wages. Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Cr7, and Benzema were notoriously underpaid in comparison to our stars. Real Madrid uses its name and prestigious to keep its wages under control. So does Bayern.

I know he is a fan favorite, but I cannot for the life of me see how these wages should be given to a prospect like Fati. To me it's just criminal mismanagement.

Messigician

Madrid is notorious for underpaying its stars. If it's a big name transfer you'll likely get big wages especially if you're already earning big in another club. If you "make your name" through Madrid it'll be harder to get bigger wages. Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Cr7, and Benzema were notoriously underpaid in comparison to our stars. Real Madrid uses its name and prestigious to keep its wages under control. So does Bayern.

I know he is a fan favorite, but I cannot for the life of me see how these wages should be given to a prospect like Fati. To me it's just criminal mismanagement.

It's just 100k a week chill

mc_lovin

Again, you have some reliable numbers? I am really curious.

jamrock

Mc lovin comes with some actual facts, laplacian comes with "madrid is notorious known for underpaying it's stars" lol.

Madrud's players were underpaid compared to ours but every single player in Europe was underpaid compared to ours lol.

His salary is fine, no young player with
Is projection that's playing for a top team is making less I'm fairly certain.

It's about the market if not below it, because I'm pretty sure he could go else where & get more, moriba is making about the same while being a lesser talent playing for a smaller club.

Thank god we have someone who is now only paying market rates in salaries and not 20-30% above it like before, dembele is on more money & we signed him at a similar age.

We can't go from over paying players to dramatically underpaying them, no one will play for us, give them a fair offer and if they reject it, they can fuck off.

Laplacian

Again, you have some reliable numbers? I am really curious.

https://www.reddit.com/r/realmadrid/

Or from https://realmadridlatestnews.com/real-madrid-players-wages/

Rodrygo CF 19 ?75,000 ?3.6 million ?30 million 2025

Federico Valverde MID 22 ?62,000 ?3 million ?70 million 2025

Vin?cius J?nior CF 20 ?75,000 ?3.6 million ?45 million 2025

Casemiro MID 28 ?90,000 ?4.32 million ?55 million 2023

https://www.reddit.com/r/realmadrid/comments/pv4ij9/vinicius_currently_earns_32m_net_which_is_among/

https://twitter.com/MarioCortegana/status/1441328732812152835?s=19

Slightly different figures depending on the source, but no matter where you go they're all earning less than Fati.

Mc lovin comes with some actual facts, laplacian comes with "madrid is notorious known for underpaying it's stars" lol.

Cry more.

We can't go from over paying players to dramatically underpaying them

There's a fine line between offering the Neymars and Coutinhos 25 million euros a year, and offering injury prone prospects with not even a single full season of football with 5 million euro salaries. For comparison Camavinga with about 2 full seasons of football while being one of the best young midfielders in France, is earning about 4 million euros a season for Madrid. It's okay to be fine with this deal, but you're out of it if you think we're not being rinsed.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans