Angel Di Maria

vegitot

Beast in all finals. Shame that he was subbed off early or else another final MOTM.

So Don Andres is still the only one with all MOTM in all finals.

KingLeo10

If we make a list of the greatest players since Di Maria made his debut, my list would go:

1) Messi
2) CR7
3) Xavi - Iniesta - Modric (Xavi a tad better than the other two but it's very close and they're same tier)
4) Mbappe - Neuer
5) Suarez - Benzema - Lewandowski
6) Dani Alves - Lahm - Marcelo - Ramos
7) Di Maria - Robben
8) Neymar - Salah - Ribery

FinBarcelonafan

2 months away from being 35 years old.

Meanwhile Ferran Torres is 13 years younger than this guy but moves and plays like he is 20 years older.

The sad truth. Almost retired DiMaria runs circles around Torres and Dembele.(Dembele case talking about skills, big game assists and goals, clutchness)

DiMaria has quality they will never have though.

Andresito

Staff member
He doesn't make the headlines often but from time to time pops up outta nowhere and plays like a top 10 player in the world, usually in the biggest of games.

MTL_Barca

He's a big game player for sure, on a daily basis he was often frustrating but nobody thinks of that when he plays games like the final when it really matters.

KingLeo10

Di Mar?a in a text message to his wife before the World Cup final: ?I will be the champion love. It?s written. I?ll score a goal. Because it?s written like Maracana and Wembley. Go and enjoy tomorrow because we are going to be champions. Because the 26 of us here and the families deserve it?

wxvtt0put47a1.jpg

That swagger :lol: France were straight up shell shocked by him TBH, probably having prepared for a conservative 3-5-2 instead. Too bad he wasn't fit enough for 90 mins, because I think with the vertical pressure and width he provided, Argentina prolly would have seen the game out in regular time. But then again, that would have made the final less epic :lol:

JohnN

The man destroyed Dembele to the point of substitution before half time.. it was stupid to think Dembele could mark him to begin with, surely not his greatest asset. He can help in defense but don't let him 1v1 with such a tricky winger .
Good for us and xavi, that we know this fact.

Home of Barca Fans