André Gomes

Caramel

I swear to god, you all are so clueless, and are so eager to hate.
It's not Gomes' fault if we're playing like crap, you can easily see his brilliance by the way he plays. Yes he's slow but being slow doesn't = shit, he has other qualities to him.
The bone to pick is with Luis Enrique and his shitty ass system which for some reason he can't see that it's not working, and him not having a determined pecking order so that one of Gomes or Denis has a run of games so they can get some rhythm and integrate better in the team.

Yeah if we had let Real Madrid buy him, you'd probably be crying about how the Barca board are useless, have shit scouts and can't buy young talent just expensive superstars. Lol, typical :rolleyes:

mark1nhu

Missplaced easy passes? I think that was one of the best things in his game last night, the fact that in possession he almost never lost the ball through a bad pass.

He has a 94% ratio of successful passes in 4 games played. Busi has 93%, Iniesta has 91%, Rakitic has 89%. How the hell does he missplace that many easy passes as you say, and yet he has the best attempted passes - successful passes rate from all of our midfielders?

The more I read this forum, more I believe people don't watch the same matches I watch.

That's the only explanation.

serghei

The more I read this forum, more I believe people don't watch the same matches I watch.

That's the only explanation.

It's not the only explanation though. I think a lot of people here who like Denis Suarez feel they have to automatically hate every other midfielder who might take away minutes from him, if that midfielder is not Iniesta.

kilian

Regarding Modric, when he played for Dinamo Zagreb the main football scout/agent in Croatia for the Italian market said of him that he is not a player for top clubs, that he lacks the extra class.
Cant find the online statement of the croatian agent but ...

http://www.football365.com/news/redknapp-reveals-why-wenger-turned-down-modric

Anyone remember Diego from Werder?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_(footballer,_born_1985)
Went to Juventus and it was downhill from there ....

Point being just cannot know.
Do you think Pogba is delivering what Man Utd expected of him?

If Verratti came to Barca it would be 50% chance of him being a "Hleb/Fabregas"

I`m not talking about Modric when he was playing for D. Zagreb. It was clear as day that he is top class when he was in Tottenham. Thiago Silva was a top class defender for Milan, we didn`t want to buy him. Few years after that we bought Mathieu and Vermaelen for how many millions. We let go our biggest midfield gem Thiago, because of some stupid transfer fee clause or whatever.

I agree that Verratti could have gone either way, but there is just too many mistakes in managing this squad. And they are getting away with it for years, because we have Messi.

I really believe that we are in for some bad years after he retires, if something doesn`t change. Neymar is a fantastic player, but he can`t decide so many matches on his own, like Messi.

To be on topic at least a little bit, I`m not saying Gomes is a bad transfer. We`ll judge his performance after this season, but my opinion is that he is too similar to Rakitic and not the type of player we are currently missing.

khaled_a_d

I`m not talking about Modric when he was playing for D. Zagreb. It was clear as day that he is top class when he was in Tottenham. Thiago Silva was a top class defender for Milan, we didn`t want to buy him. Few years after that we bought Mathieu and Vermaelen for how many millions. We let go our biggest midfield gem Thiago, because of some stupid transfer fee clause or whatever.

I agree that Verratti could have gone either way, but there is just too many mistakes in managing this squad. And they are getting away with it for years, because we have Messi.

I really believe that we are in for some bad years after he retires, if something doesn`t change. Neymar is a fantastic player, but he can`t decide so many matches on his own, like Messi.

To be on topic at least a little bit, I`m not saying Gomes is a bad transfer. We`ll judge his performance after this season, but my opinion is that he is too similar to Rakitic and not the type of player we are currently missing.

Wait,you wanted us to pay for Modric during Xaviesta prime and go negotiate with Tottenham? And go for T.Silva who wanted to be paid more than anyone not named Messi and was 2nd most expensive defender ever?
I mean yeah the board makes many mistakes but surely those examples aren't even close to a one

Last edited:

serghei

The way people talk about how shit we are you'd say we didn't win a trophy in ages, not that we have basically won 5/6 important trophies in the last two seasons.

Kragod

You have some fact wrong. We went after Thiago Silva, but he decided to move to PSG for more money. And Thiago wasnt stolen because of a clause in the contract, he wanted to leave.

Jombi

I swear to god, you all are so clueless, and are so eager to hate.
It's not Gomes' fault if we're playing like crap, you can easily see his brilliance by the way he plays. Yes he's slow but being slow doesn't = shit, he has other qualities to him.
The bone to pick is with Luis Enrique and his shitty ass system which for some reason he can't see that it's not working, and him not having a determined pecking order so that one of Gomes or Denis has a run of games so they can get some rhythm and integrate better in the team.

Yeah if we had let Real Madrid buy him, you'd probably be crying about how the Barca board are useless, have shit scouts and can't buy young talent just expensive superstars. Lol, typical :rolleyes:

Gomes is not fit to tie the shoes of players like Rakitic and Thiago. No comparison. I always hoped some other team would buy him. I wanted us to sign Fabinho, Thomas Lemar or Gundogan. All available for a good price. Instead we went for Gomes.

Last edited:

serghei

Andre Gomes is young, tall, and handsome. He doesn't have half the footballing brain or ability of Thiago.

I wouldn't know about that, Bayern's fans are quite unhappy with Thiago... And he was a sub for Bayern in the biggest matches. I mean, a player with so much footballing brain, wouldn't had Bayern needed him at home against Atletico last season for example, in the biggest of all games?

Please, words like overrated were invented for the likes of Thiago. "The new Xavi", :rofl1:. What an insult to Xavi. He might have been promising at a point, especially in 2012, but he hasn't shown anything at Bayern to warrant such praise.

Last edited:

Raketa10

I have never seen so much polarized opinions in this forum as in Gomes case. People either hate him or love him. Some think he is better than Thiago other think he is the worst midfielder we have. I am really interested to see this love/hate ratio when season ends.

The only fact which is sure is that he needs minutes and continuity to be able to show is he good or not.

Home of Barca Fans