André Gomes

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Better than Rakitic my ass lmao, Rakitic did some insane long pass and created some chance at least even while playing deeper, also not expecting anyone to notice but he also covers distance and recovers balls, I don't even rate Rakitic above Roberto but saying Gomes was better than him is like a spit to his face.

Insane long balls? :VdB:

Every midfielder worth his salt can do that shit.

ronniecro

offered nothing,every duel lost like he's a child,no vision and creativity,but hey,he had one good pass to suarez,great game

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Wether he was good or not, it's unbelievable this guy played 90 minutes in one of the toughest away matches in La Liga...

We should be doing so much better than having this guy on the pitch...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Go for it.

He was positive on the ball and was better than likes of Raki with some errors thrown in is how I see it.

Last season Gomes was shit as he looked like was terrified. Dont see that as much now which is a positive for me.

Tbf, comparing him with Rakitic means nothing. Seen Deu's positive impact? Gomes did some good things but far from being good or ballsy.

JamDav1982

Tbf, comparing him with Rakitic means nothing. Seen Deu's positive impact? Gomes did some good things but far from being good or ballsy.

Yeah I though Deu played well when came on and when Barca had more energy and players willing to take risks looked more dangerous.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
You cannot expect him to play well as a RW. But even after he was moved in midfield he made the usual mistakes. Gomes is not good enough at this level because he does not know what to do under pressure. So he constantly makes the wrong decisions, no matter which position.
Really weird that Valverde played him today.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
His job is to create? the fuck? since when? His job was not a creator for 2 years now, his job is to cover for Messi and allow RB to run forward. And I fucking said that I rate Roberto above him so you don't have repeat me that shit, what I am saying is that Gomes is nowhere as good as him, 0 off the ball, 0 on the ball. ball control throws off our whole tempo, players NEVER make runs when he has the ball because they know he wont make a good pass, you can see we run back to defend a counter attack when Gomes has the ball.

Yes, his job is to build up play and play a part in creating chances. He's playing a different role this season. That babysitting the rightback BS is not going to work now.

Not saying Gomes is a better player or should stay at Barca, but he played better than Rakitic tonight.

JamDav1982

You cannot expect him to play well as a RW. But even after he was moved in midfield he made the usual mistakes. Gomes is not good enough at this level because he does not know what to do under pressure. So he constantly makes the wrong decisions, no matter which position.
Really weird that Valverde played him today.

He made the right decision under pressure plenty of times tonight.

DonAK

As far as I'm concerned, this club need to clear out the entire midfield bar Iniesta, Roberto, Busquets, Paulinho and Denis(although more of a winger IMO) next season.

Coutinho or a creative midfielder who can actually keep the ball and dribble players is a must in the midfield. Alenya definitely should be promoted. He's playing above Segunda level right now. Should really be playing for a La Liga team, but he should never be loaned out.

Rakitic, Gomes, Arda, everyone should be sold.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
He made the right decision under pressure plenty of times tonight.

No he did not. I liked his movement but nothing beyond that.
Deu's pass to him was the perfect example. His run was really good but his first touch was not perfect which led to a bouncing pass instead of a carpet pass. Shooting was also a good option.
In the end he was missing the ability to make the right decision and/or execute it in an important moment.

Gomes lost possession plenty of times. You claimed that Iniesta did that which is wrong but it applies to Gomes.

Raketa10

He had a decent game when he moved to midfield after Iniesta was subbed off. He should never again play as a winger but IMHO he is right now a better option for midfield than Rakitic.

DonAK

He had a decent game when he moved to midfield after Iniesta was subbed off. He should never again play as a winger but IMHO he is right now a better option for midfield than Rakitic.

Roberto and Denis are better than him too and should be ahead in the pecking order. And I say that despite not being convinced about Denis' capability of playing in a 3-man midfield.

If we're talking about merit, then Rakitic is behind almost everyone right now. Denis, Roberto, Paulinho.

He simply should not start.

Raketa10

As far as I'm concerned, this club need to clear out the entire midfield bar Iniesta, Roberto, Busquets, Paulinho and Denis(although more of a winger IMO) next season.

Coutinho or a creative midfielder who can actually keep the ball and dribble players is a must in the midfield. Alenya definitely should be promoted. He's playing above Segunda level right now. Should really be playing for a La Liga team, but he should never be loaned out.

Rakitic, Gomes, Arda, everyone should be sold.

Add Rafinha to that selling list also.

Raketa10

Roberto and Denis are better than him too and should be ahead in the pecking order. And I say that despite not being convinced about Denis' capability of playing in a 3-man midfield.

If we're talking about merit, then Rakitic is behind almost everyone right now. Denis, Roberto, Paulinho.

He simply should not start.

I stated many times that Roberto should be in the starting line up as a CM player not as a RB. I strongly believe that he is right now our best midfielder after Busi. Iniesta is still better but he is declining every day more and more.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans