André Gomes

JamDav1982

Rumours now of Arsenal and Tottenham being in for him as well.

Although Arsenal just seemed to get linked to every Barca player even remotely linked with move away.

R

reaper

A lot of this is agents talk to add value to their client. I cannot imagine Man U offering that for Gomes. Not for a second. And they are idiots!

behindbrowneyes

You can say what you want about Fellaini but he had his value at United.

Yeah, he brought height to their game. And locks. Mainly locks.

Maybe I just saw the games in that his twin played and you the one's in which the real one played.
281A8B8400000578-3059380-image-a-1_1430237375281.jpg

Hamzah

High Definition Member
But that's not even slightly what you said you "Vividly remember" :lol:

He wasn't declared one of Madrid's biggest ever flops so your entire narrative crumbles to pieces. Modric was a victim of a kneejerk reaction to him failing to adapt in his first 4 months. Very, very, VERY different from Gomes who is our standout worst midfielder since at least Riijkard after an entire season of performances.

Don't talk to me in that condescending tone.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry man but not that good article for me.
It focused all too much on Gomes without context. What about all those players from Masia that waited years to get minutes Gomes got in a year.
It's an article written by an Englishman and there are differences in culture between South and North. In Mediterranean countries it is normal for fans to vent their feelings (and booing yes) more than your average reserved Northern folk.

He conviniently omitted to mention why exactly we need to be patient. What exactly are his technical qualities? I can't see none.

So Gomes got priviliges that he didn't deserve and he wasn't really treated that bad either for what he returned. Whistles weren't general either, only sections of the stadium.

Having said that I despise him even more now having wasted the time to read about him and write this :lol:

michelco

Yea that article was sentimental bullshit. From the article it would seem that any player would be able to adapt to Barca system given enough time. The truth is, that's not the case. Most players doesn't have those required skills. Gomes certainly doesn't.

God Serena

That article doesn't even give any reasons why we should let him adapt. Just the same nonsense we so often hear on this very forum really. He has potential and Barca is hard to adapt to. Oh, and fuck the fans who whistle. Yawn.

Home of Barca Fans