Alvaro Morata

Devils

Madridista scumbag!

I cant even imagine seeing Ferran Torres and This guy in our starting attack.

How depressing.

Messi983

Some media claiming Atletico have told Griezmann they are thinking about not extending his loan for another year.

Bring him home. Would fit right into this 30+ rebuild.

Seriously though, I'd much prefer the return of Griezmann than signing Morata.

Andresito

Staff member
Some media claiming Atletico have told Griezmann they are thinking about not extending his loan for another year.

Not sure if this is true. But it would be very beneficial for Atleti if they could cancel the loan and not having to pay an amount that would otherwise be obligatory if he plays 50% of the games he's available for.
I've always thought they'll pay the 40m either this summer or the next, no matter what (unless Simeone benches him).

https://www.sport.es/en/news/barca/...iezmanns-loan-contract-with-atletico-13460018

The conditions are the following: The loan is for two years. Atletico will pay Griezmann's entire salary and have the option to make the loan at the end of the loan.
The option becomes obligatory if Griezmann has played a minimum of 45 minutes in 50 percent of the game he has been available before. That means matches when he's injured or suspended don't count.

Another of the peculiarities of the contract between the two clubs is that Atletico do not have any escape clause after the first year of the deal.

In other words, the Madrid club cannot return Griezmann this summer if they are not interested in the French player. And if they tried to, Bar?a could refuse to welcome back the striker, who has scored eight goals so far this season. So this summer there will be no news about Griezmann and Bar?a will have to wait until 2023 to have 40 million more in their accounts.

Porque

You telling me Atletico arn't happy with Griezmann's 3 goals and 4 assists this season?

Fun fact: Luis Suarez has 11 goals and 3 assists (plus 8 goals and 4 assists for Granada).

wisconsincule

I still can?t believe we signed Griezmann. After his stupid decision video snubbing us and then him playing the same exact position as Messi. It?s unreal how bad Barto was. Christ.

Porque

Can't be true, such a move is beyond stupid.

Probably true. Xavi wants Morata and we don't want Griezmann's wage. Griezmann only wants Atleti so no chance of a big money move to a Newcastle for example.

Morata this season = 11 goals / 8 assists in all comps (8/6 Serie A)
Griezmann this season = 8 goals / 6 assists in all comps (3/4 in LaLiga)

So as much as it pains me to think of Morata here next season, it is better than having Griezmann, and he will have a clearly defined position on the field.

Oh and a final point to comfort everyone.
Griezmann total transfer fees paid for him = 184m euros
Morata's = 189m euros

So a swap will allow our brokeback mountain club to save money on a forward (Auba/Morata/Fati for a season) and focus the little funds we have on Raphinha and a CB, along with the free transfers.

Then come 2023 we can have a more natural market approach (and the expiring transfers for then is excellent).

MTL_Barca

Don't think they can just cancel the loan, otherwise that would've been the worst deal ever for Barca.

If Xavi really wants Morata then i guess some kind of swap might be on the cards but god damn would it be depressing to trade 40M for Griezmann. In case they can send him back then it would make more sense, but then it's just between shit and shit...

Home of Barca Fans