Alvaro Morata

Havesaks

I like Morata a lot and he would be a great fit to our team. There is still a lot of juice in Suarez and he will probably remain our mainstriker until his contract runs out in '21. So we need a class striker who can play 30-40% of the matches both as starter and sub, and also play in bigger matches without losing too much quality. I could really see him hit it off with Messi, Dembele and Coutinho in our attack. Besides, he will be bought as a solid number 2 and not our first striker, that will put a lot of pressure off his shoulders and coming "home" to spain would be great for him i think. Barcelona and the dressing room also need to put him at ease. Thats at least one solution for our CF-problem, the market is thin on barca-material CF's, so that will give us extra years to find a good solution.

I dont think he ever will be good enough to be our number #1 even after Suarez departure. But he could be a close #2. He just doesnt score consistently enough and never has.

Though I do have my concerns about the rumoured price: 10m loan fee + 60m buy out clause isnt equal to his market value. His spell at Chelsea has been a disaster and Chelsea bought him for 66m themselves. 5-7m loan fee + 45-50m option fee sounds more fair.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
I'd rather play dembele there (and hes total crap there), but it's still better then morata.
A bit hyperbolic but point stands.

Adversus

Honestly we're going after the wrong Chelsea striker too.

If they get Higuain why not ask to sign Giroud on a loan or sign him to a short contract? Perfect back-up striker imo. He was excellent coming off the bench for Arsenal in his last season there too.

Far superior to Morata and criminally underappreciated. His technique is incredible for a guy his size and he's amazing in the air. Would work really well playing of Messi as a 2 up front.

xXKonan

[tw]1085232924184797185[/tw]

Says Morata is the current favorite and Chelsea requires 3 million for the loan and us to pay his Salary if I got that right.

Joan

Started with Atletico Madrid, played for Real for years, now to come to Barcelona. Unreal.

Devils

[tw]1085232924184797185[/tw]

Says Morata is the current favorite and Chelsea requires 3 million for the loan and us to pay his Salary if I got that right.

This twitter translated it:

[tw]1085240802954133509[/tw]

apparently it is 3m and HALF of his salary.

That would be a good deal tbh.

Home of Barca Fans