All time XI

Messigician

In terms of winning every game at their absolute peak not hypothetical on paper teams

Cr7 Suarez
Messi
Viera Rijkaard
Maldini Beckenbauer Nesta Cafu
Neuer

Morten

I just dont see how R9 gets in here, peak level was very high, but was it really that much higher than someone like Pele?

R9 had an excellent career for Brazil, but his club record is far less impressive.

L3v1s

I just dont see how R9 gets in here, peak level was very high, but was it really that much higher than someone like Pele?

R9 had an excellent career for Brazil, but his club record is far less impressive.
I wouldn't say far less impressive. Look at my post on the previous page.

Etoshow

CR7/R10/Pelé - R9/Romario/Eto'o -Messi/Best/Eusebio

Maradona/Cruyff/Platini - Zidane/Iniesta/Pirlo
Matthaus/Xavi/Yaya Touré

Maldini/Roberto Carlos/Marcelo - Beckenbauer/Koeman/Ramos - Baresi/Puyol/Nesta - Cafu/Alves/Zambrotta

Neuer/Buffon/Yashin

I think those players fully deserve to be mentionned in the world XI because they changed the game. I could add people like Van Basten, Modriç, Zico, Salah, Kante or Makélélé but I think those in the team are the best.

If it was about each club's dreamteam, I think with an attack line like R10 - Eto'o - Messi and a miedfield with Xavi - Iniesta - Cruyff, not to mention Alves, Puyol and Koeman at the back, we've the best dreamteam possible.

Morten

What exactly is far less impressive about it?

Its a team game, but his trophy haul at club level is, well, poor, and he played for several top sides.

His record in UCL just isn't elite, he went missing a bunch for RM in the knockouts, that much i can remember.

Yes, he was over the hill by then, but still..

He was simply much more clutch for Brazil than he was most of his club career.

L3v1s

Its a team game, but his trophy haul at club level is, well, poor, and he played for several top sides.

His record in UCL just isn't elite, he went missing a bunch for RM in the knockouts, that much i can remember.

Yes, he was over the hill by then, but still..

He was simply much more clutch for Brazil than he was most of his club career.
That's not entirely his fault, I brought out the individual accolades because Temptation keeps saying how we always judge players by what they've won. The reason why he hasn't won more trophies(especially UCL) is the result of being at the wrong place(teams) and also INJURIES.

That 96/97 Barca team was not on the level of Cruyff's dream team, and when he joined Inter they haven't won a title in 10 years. Milan was having its best generation of all time during that period, and there was also Juventus.

Home of Barca Fans