Alexis Sanchez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
GK

Defenders

Ramsey - Wilshere

Walcott - Ozil - Chamberlain/Cazorla

Asexis.

Dont know much about Arsenal and how it would work though....

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
GK

Defenders

Ramsey - Wilshere

Asexis.

IMO Alexis as the furthest attacking player is just as much a waste of his talents as it is to keep him isolated in the wing. He's just not ideal for a lone striker type.

I'd keep Giroud and play Alexis in the position of Walcott.

pEllee

Don't waste him on the wings... If he goes to arsenal, he should have freedom, as he has for chile.

I agree with that but tbh, no position or role that currently exists at Arsenal would get the best out of Alexis Imo. I'm not even sure if a signing of Alexis makes sense unless Wenger is planing on changing the style of play.

mobroh

I agree with that but tbh, no position or role that currently exists at Arsenal would get the best out of Alexis Imo. I'm not even sure if a signing of Alexis makes sense unless Wenger is planing on changing the style of play.

wenger has been hinting at playing some 4-4-2 this season or a formation with 2 uptop. Never had the options for it last season but when he played giroud and sanogo together the team play looked better. With an upgrade by bringing in alexis(if it happens) and campbell that play can improve. We need goals badly , adding alexis , campbell , walcott(hopefully he recovers well) , and other attackers fit all season will help. An upgrade on giroud too will make me ecstatic.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'd keep Giroud and play Alexis in the position of Walcott

Theo's amazing though...

Maybe we could try something like this

------------Giroud-Walcott----------
----------------Ozil-----------------
---------Alexis-------Ramsey--------
----------------DM------------------

With Ramsey playing his box-to-box and Alexis playing a more aggressive role, helping out with workrate but not dropping as deep as Ramsey, and basically having the freedom to roam out wide, up top, wherever he wants. Ozil could serve as someone to keep the game flowing and also someone to drop back deep and pick out Alexis, Ramsey and Walcott's runs. Not sure how it would work, but definitely would be interesting to experiment, and I think it would also be worth it just to make sure Liverpool don't get him.

Robbie

Robbie, where would you want Alexis to play? I was thinking on either wing and rotating with Giroud up top would work out quite nicely, maybe even in midfield if injuries are ridiculous.

Second striker working alongside Giroud, up top in a 4-4-2 or 4-3-1-2. Giroud has an excellent first touch, can hold play up and always looks to make chances for others where he can't find any for himself. It would be a dream to have Sanchez working with that (and Ramsey, Wilshere, and Ozil also creating chances for him). Sanchez is also versatile enough to play anywhere in a front 3.

mobroh

GK

Defenders

Ramsey - Wilshere

Asexis.

not sure how alexis will work as a lone striker , walcott looked okay there a couple times but it wasn't a proper long term solution

ramsey-wilshere pairing doesn't work at all. Wilshere and ramsey both will bomb forward and it limits ramsey's game if he has to stay back. So it will probably be ramsey-arteta or ramsey- new CM( linked with schneiderlein the strongest)

Icarium

Lifestealer
Barca should put up an auction for Sanchez. Highest bidder gets him. That way we can get more money. I am not at all satisfied with the bids we are getting from juve and arsenal. Anything less than 40M in this inflated market is bad business.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Barca should put up an auction for Sanchez. Highest bidder gets him. That way we can get more money. I am not at all satisfied with the bids we are getting from juve and arsenal. Anything less than 40M in this inflated market is bad business.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Arsenal are apparently offering 44M (35m pounds).

pEllee

Theo's amazing though...

Maybe we could try something like this

------------Giroud-Walcott----------
----------------Ozil-----------------
---------Alexis-------Ramsey--------
----------------DM------------------

With Ramsey playing his box-to-box and Alexis playing a more aggressive role, helping out with workrate but not dropping as deep as Ramsey, and basically having the freedom to roam out wide, up top, wherever he wants. Ozil could serve as someone to keep the game flowing and also someone to drop back deep and pick out Alexis, Ramsey and Walcott's runs. Not sure how it would work, but definitely would be interesting to experiment, and I think it would also be worth it just to make sure Liverpool don't get him.

Well, the 4-2-3-1 that's being used at Arsenal isn't really a rigid version with fixed positions so I reckon the formation will stay the same.
I think Sanchez will replace Cazorla if this does happen. Cazorla is of course positioned on the left on paper but he is always moving in centrally and he's always interchanging with Özil.

I think Sanchez will have a similar role to that. He will stay wide during the early stages of the build-up to stretch the field. But he will still pretty much always move in centrally in the final third or drift out wide if that's where the space is. He will be allowed to pick the ball up from deep and he will be expected to also contribute with off the ball movement to threaten the defense. That's the only way I can see him fitting into the team.

On the field it would look similar to what you're suggesting I suppose. Only with Walcott slightly more positioned to the right and with Alexis pushed up higher.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans