Alexis Sanchez

serghei

I agree. I can't understand how Barça needs Alexis more than he needs Barça. Really can't.

Barcelona needs Sanchez more than he needs Barcelona. Right. :lol: :lol: Good post otherwise, but that particular statement is laughable. At least in general. Right now, I would even agree. But the yellow part on its own is not true. The club only needs one player more than he needs the club, and that's Messi.

Like FCBarca said, he would play better in a team build up to take advantage of fast counter-attack players, like Juventus for instance. He would have been immense for Juve if they had signed him in the summer. At the moment, he is showing many star qualities. And teams need stars more than stars need teams. The statement I made may look and sound odd, but it really isn't something untrue. And it's not just about Alexis. Any extremely valuable player - the younger the better - will not run out of offers. If it's not Barca, it's United, Juve, City etc. Or do you guys thing Thiago can't sleep at night for leaving Barcelona. I, for one, think he's happy in Munich. It was the same with Thiago you know... we needed him more than he needed us. Too bad the board did not understand this.

We all love FC Barcelona. But there are many great teams out there. The world doesn't begin and end with Barca, players can achieve huge succes elsewere. Eto'o moved to Inter and won the Champions League, enough said.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Like FCBarca said, he would play better in a team build up to take advantage of fast counter-attack players, like Juventus for instance. He would have been immense for Juve if they had signed him in the summer. At the moment, he is showing many star qualities. And teams need stars more than stars need teams. The statement I made may look and sound odd, but it really isn't something untrue. And it's not just about Alexis. Any extremely valuable player - the younger the better - will not run out of offers. Or do you guys thing Thiago can't sleep at night for leaving Barcelona. It was the same with Thiago. We needed him more than he needed us. Too bad the board did not understand this.

This is not true. Thiago is awesome, I miss him and wish he was still at Barça, but apart from someone like Messi, or Xavi, that statement is not accurate. Not all players are indispensable. There are a lot of great players around. If Barça manages to get gundogan or oliver torres one day, thiago won't be missed. Right now even Cesc and roberto might make everyone forget about him. It's not like Barça became a worse club because thiago left, or will if alexis leaves. Players always come and go.

serghei

This is not true. Thiago is awesome, I miss him and wish he was still at Barça, but apart from someone like Messi, or Xavi, that statement is not accurate. Not all players are indispensable. There are a lot of great players around. If Barça manages to get gundogan or oliver torres one day, thiago won't be missed. Right now even Cesc and roberto might make everyone forget about him. It's not like Barça became a worse club because thiago left, or will if alexis leaves. Players always come and go.

If we didn't need Thiago, then why the sad faces when he left? Jesus, I remember the days he was rumored to sign Bayern, it was like a funeral around here. Alcantara was no Fontas, he was a needed player for the future. I'm well aware that players always come and go. That being said, some players are greater then others, more needed then others. Alexis is needed right now.

"It's not like Barca became a worse club because Thiago left, or will if Alexis leaves" - I don't know about that, when you lose a valuable player and you don't bring anything to fill the spot, the team automatically becomes weaker. By how much, it depends on the player. If Alexis Sanchez were to be sold tomorrow, Barcelona would become a weaker team, at least until we bring an Aguero or maybe a Reus to replace him.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

That's exactly the point. Alexis can be replaced. So can Thiago. The indispensable players are player like Messi and Xavi, who cannot be replaced.

CatalinR10

Alexis is at this moment as important as Messi. Maybe he is our number 1 right now with Messi injured.

adN7q99_460sa.gif

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That's exactly the point. Alexis can be replaced. So can Thiago. The indispensable players are player like Messi and Xavi, who cannot be replaced.

That has nothing to do with the club needing him... Nobody said he is irreplaceable or that he's the only one fit for that job...

You could say that our team/system needs a player LIKE Alexis (as he's the one we have right now) more than a player like Alexis needs a team/system like Barcelona...

It's no secret that Alexis' abilities could be further exploited in a counter attacking team, yet he's here providing the dirty work for us, and he's doing it better than anybody else at the moment, and that's why the club needs him...

F

Flavia

That has nothing to do with the club needing him... Nobody said he is irreplaceable or that he's the only one fit for that job...

You could say that our team/system needs a player LIKE Alexis (as he's the one we have right now) more than a player like Alexis needs a team/system like Barcelona...

It's no secret that Alexis' abilities could be further exploited in a counter attacking team, yet he's here providing the dirty work for us, and he's doing it better than anybody else at the moment, and that's why the club needs him...

I wasn't going into those points, though. He's been an immense and important player this season, so far. I'm also not saying he's not important. But he could also flop hard at another team, there's no way to know how he'd do. He doesn't deal well with pressure. If he gets into a bad patch again, there's no way to know if he'll get out.

That's why the sentence "I think we need Alexis Sanchez more than Alexis Sanchez needs us" is wrong, on every level. The only player Barça needs more than he needs us is Messi. And maybe Xavi.

Mr Hulot

Man I am usually very sad to browse the forum after a defeat, but doing it tonight has actually help my mood. First of all, everybody that played must be sold, except from the ypung players, just because they have HUGE potential. Everybody that was 'lucky' enough not to play, is now the best player in the world!

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I wasn't going into those points, though. He's been an immense and important player this season, so far. I'm also not saying he's not important. But he could also flop hard at another team, there's no way to know how he'd do. He doesn't deal well with pressure. If he gets into a bad patch again, there's no way to know if he'll get out.

That's why the sentence "I think we need Alexis Sanchez more than Alexis Sanchez needs us" is wrong, on every level. The only player Barça needs more than he needs us is Messi. And maybe Xavi.

Ok then, I guess it depends on how we interpret that sentence... I get your point...

And just for the sake of it: No Alexis, no party! Hahaha...

kostasgtc

+1

Home of Barca Fans