Alexander Isak

vuji_31

Again. Interested in striker that scored 12 goals in 40 games. Real gem.

I am not hater, but we need proven player considering Messi is really likely going.
He could be good striker but he need few more seasons.

Porque

Seems a bit streaky. Like Patrick Kluivert.

I was on the hype train last year, but I think we need to wait this one out and look at more consistent scorers.

Bobo32

Nonpenalty goals in la liga this season:

Luis Suarez 14 (1562mins)
Lionel Messi 13 (1757)
Youssef En-Nesyri 13 (1362)
Karim Benzema 12 (1861)
Alexander Isak 12 (1329)

He is an intelligent forward with nice functional technique. In some ways he reminds me of Larsson in that way, but Benzema is probably closer in style. He is very decent outside of the box.
I think he could play in my Barcelona, it might be worth a try. He knows about time+space and can combine and play in tight spaces as well. But mostly he would bring intelligent runs in the box.
He has a tendency to disappear from games, and seems to lack a "killer-instinct" sometimes, but this might mostly be appearance. After being the clear #1 he seems to play better.

Last edited:

Messi983

Again. Interested in striker that scored 12 goals in 40 games. Real gem.

I am not hater, but we need proven player considering Messi is really likely going.
He could be good striker but he need few more seasons.

He has 12 goals in 20 games and is 5th best scorer in the league. He can easily finish the season with like 18-20 league goals which is very good playing for a team like Sociedad.

Which proven player would you bring who is realistically available?

Seems a bit streaky. Like Patrick Kluivert.

I was on the hype train last year, but I think we need to wait this one out and look at more consistent scorers.

Like who? They don't grow on trees.

He has started to score regularly as soon as they've send Willian Jose to Wolves and he became a clear starter. Before that they were rotated and he started every other game. Last season he only started 14 games (4 goals) but also added 5 goals coming off the bench which is not bad for a 20 years old playing his first season in La Liga. And most of those goals were actually important (GW goals against Celta, Athletic, Espanyol and a game tying goal against us).

There are not that many realistic options out there and maybe we could even include some of our rejects like Alena, Firpo and Barca B players like Collado (or maybe someone like Ilaix on loan) to lower his price.

mc_lovin

His technique is so erratic that it would make Dembele proud. One is enough for me. But to be fair I havent watched much of him this season, but generally thats not something that disappears.

Would rather see us go for Malen or Daka.

Yannik

By the way. Dortmund has a buyback clause of 30m. If Dortmund has ensured they have the selling rights to Isak, then it's possible you will have to deal with Aki and Zorc in the end again. Although this time Dortmund would probably not demand fuck-off money, since Isak isn't part of the squad and even if Haaland leaves, Isak would probably not want to return to BVB again.

vuji_31

Well I remember game against Sociedad last season. He was not good.

Missed few chances for goal.

His technique is not best.

I think we need to go with striker who has one world class trait (or more).

Isak does not look like that.

Porque

Like who? They don't grow on trees.

He has started to score regularly as soon as they've send Willian Jose to Wolves and he became a clear starter. Before that they were rotated and he started every other game. Last season he only started 14 games (4 goals) but also added 5 goals coming off the bench which is not bad for a 20 years old playing his first season in La Liga. And most of those goals were actually important (GW goals against Celta, Athletic, Espanyol and a game tying goal against us).

There are not that many realistic options out there and maybe we could even include some of our rejects like Alena, Firpo and Barca B players like Collado (or maybe someone like Ilaix on loan) to lower his price.

There's no right answer and alot of wrong answers. Outside of the unaffordable (Haaland) and the unattainable (Mbappe) I just don't know who is out there. PatDaddy Daka is consistently putting the numbers at a lower level. But the market is sparse and Isak is surely in the top list of contenders for sure.

Isak was starting the first half of this season but just not scoring hence Willian coming on at the 60-70 mark. 3 goals in 16 games and then 9 in 6 is cause for re-evaluation though. He is in the middle of a purple patch so I really think we have to take our time and not jump at this Paco Alcacer form.

Besides, how much do you think Sociedad would sell for? It would surely be 40m or more. Thats going towards the territory that if you can afford 40m for Isak, you might as well blow the bank on Haaland who offers absolute scoring guarantees.

vuji_31

Forgot that he is tall 1.9m.

But again, I don't buy the hype. He scored the goals, but I am not impressed. We need someone who will be big market name, and proven goalscorer and after 10 goals I am not buying the story that this guy is it.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Forgot that he is tall 1.9m.

But again, I don't buy the hype. He scored the goals, but I am not impressed. We need someone who will be big market name, and proven goalscorer and after 10 goals I am not buying the story that this guy is it.

We don't have the money to risk big money signing so I think we have to rely on upcoming players who haven't quite made it yet.
I don't watch enough of him but he seemed decent enough when I've seen him olay. We'd be a lot better with him in the team this season for sure.

vuji_31

True let's hope we learn from the griezman mistake once and for all.

I agree.

Scored some goals but nothing impressive.
Half goals on oprn net , two reflections.

Anything more then 40mil is too much.

He is not fastest,not strong.
Bad left foot, skinny and does remind me on dembele in terms of bad touches.

He is average, but he is young still

Home of Barca Fans