Alex Collado

Messi983

Yeah.

Tbh I think he'll play more than people expect. Don't see us bringing another midfielder so Collado will probably be a 5th midfielder (behind starters FDJ, Busi and Pedri with Ilaix as a first sub) and 3rd RW. Don't know what formation Koeman will use but Messi will probably be on paper RW again. Still with Dembele injured Collado could get some minutes there as well.

I'd still prefer to offload Dembele (even paying out last year of his contract if no other solution), keep Trincao and loan/sell with buy-back Collado but now it is what it is. I like Alex so hope he'll do good.

Bobo32

Strange thinking he'll get a lot of minutes, when he got 0 last season despite being in the match squad. What are the signs? So far, Depay and Aguero only makes it more crowded.

Messi983

He's not really competing for playing time with Memphis and Aguero but rather with (injured) Dumbele and Mavericky.

Bobo32

Dembele is injured but Fati will hopefully be fit.
Puig is not allowed to go on loan I read, it seems he will be played more next season.
I doubt Collado would play midfield, but anyhow, there is usually five attacking positions in FC Barcelonas system (under Koeman only 4 a lot of the time), the buying of Depay and Aguero crowd these positions directly or indirectly.

Porque

He will get chances, unless Koeman absolutely does not rate him during pre-season and wants to loan him. At which point we should do as so, as Koeman won't give him any opportunities.

Bobo32

He will get chances, unless Koeman absolutely does not rate him during pre-season and wants to loan him. At which point we should do as so, as Koeman won't give him any opportunities.

I hope he gets chances but wonder what the signs are. He got 0 minutes last year, how many times did he travel and change for games?
Just because he got "promoted" and can't play for B doesn't mean Koeman will let him play for A.
Puig is one player, but what about Konrad last year, Koeman even spoke of him very highly last preseason.

Porque

I hope he gets chances but wonder what the signs are. He got 0 minutes last year, how many times did he travel and change for games?
Just because he got "promoted" and can't play for B doesn't mean Koeman will let him play for A.
Puig is one player, but what about Konrad last year, Koeman even spoke of him very highly last preseason.

In his favour last season Koeman had Dembele, Trincao and arguably Konrad as options for the right side ahead of him.

Collado was recovering from injury Also for pre-season and the first third of LaLiga/Segunda B.

This year (or atleast first half of the season in the case of Dembele injury) there is no competition on that side.

The only other option is Messi who may or may not play there atleast tactically, or perhaps Dest if Emerson ends up as fixed starter at RB.

At the beginning of the season Dembele and Trincao were alternating at that position (admittedly in a 433) so perhaps Collado will get 30 minutes a game to prove himself in the first part of the season?

Bobo32

In his favour last season Koeman had Dembele, Trincao and arguably Konrad as options for the right side ahead of him.

Collado was recovering from injury Also for pre-season and the first third of LaLiga/Segunda B.

This year (or atleast first half of the season in the case of Dembele injury) there is no competition on that side.

The only other option is Messi who may or may not play there atleast tactically, or perhaps Dest if Emerson ends up as fixed starter at RB.

At the beginning of the season Dembele and Trincao were alternating at that position (admittedly in a 433) so perhaps Collado will get 30 minutes a game to prove himself in the first part of the season?

In the beginning of the season, Barcelona actually played 4 winger/attackers (yes they looked to all play the same position, which Collado could play), but there were Fati and Coutinho as well then... Maybe if he wasn't injured he would've gotten a chance then, a lot more hope than when they only played 2 of those players...

I maintain that his competition right now is slightly tougher, but that can of course change.
Pedri, Messi, Busquets, Depay, Griezmann, De Jong will all play as much as possible, and Aguero will surely get minutes before Collado. Fati, Braithwaite, Ilaix, Puig, Pjanic were all in front of Collado in the pecking order last year, and I don't know why they wouldn't be right now.

But it is maybe a bit pointless arguing right now, as there will be a lot of changes, maybe when he stays and a lot of the abovementioned players leave, there will be room for him.
And maybe Koeman will give him a chance now and then anyway, but there is no guarantee just because he is in the squad, as we saw last year with other players.

Bobo32

Puig not allowed to go on loan :lol: :lol: :lol: funniest thing I've read all day

That's what I saw being reported last week, who knows what's true.
Strange that he hasn't already left though, if the club didn't believe he'd play under Koeman.

JamDav1982

Laporta seems to have the same high opinion of Puig as some on here but even if he didnt then doubt there is much to be made from him going on loan.

Small salary and no real market for him where money will be offered.

xXKonan

If Puig has any ambition he will go out on loan and prove himself.

Frustrating to see a guy who has quite a bit of talent but content with the situation he's in. He turns 22 in a month and he should be playing regular football.

Messi983

Going by reports a few weeks back, I think that’s actually true.

Yeah, he's deep in Laporta's ass.

Guys like Umtiti, Pjanic and Matheus are not doing it right. They should've play golf with Laporta and they'd all stay here and be part of the first XI.

FinBarcelonafan

If Puig has any ambition he will go out on loan and prove himself.

Frustrating to see a guy who has quite a bit of talent but content with the situation he's in. He turns 22 in a month and he should be playing regular football.

How much higher in football hierarchy you can be than Barcelona? Any step from Barca is basically step back

He is maybe too ambitious for his own good. He thinks he can play as a starter but nobody else seems to agree. (Not Koeman, national team coaches etc.)

Maybe even overestimating his skills? And too much believe?

I don't think he lacks ambitiousness. More like work ethic to prove himself.

Home of Barca Fans