Aleix Vidal

Amiga73

He does the one thing Alves no longer does, he takes on players inside and outside. Most teams will give Alves the entire right hand side and just mark Messi, as Alves will only pass or poorly cross the ball. With Vidal they will have to at least put 1 or 2 players on him which will give Messi far more space to attack the opposition. They could try Adama in the same position as Vidal, as the right back for Barcelona will get lots of space to run with the ball.

M

monamou

I like him very much. Seems lightning quick and very well balances defending with bursting forward. Defended better than I expected as well.

Icarium

Lifestealer
How good are his short passing skills? He is not that young to learn it now. He should at least be decent in that regard in order to line up with messi on the right flank. From the little I have seen he is very quick.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Solid in 1st half starting as RB. In 2nd half Coke came on and Vidal was moved forward.

Jombi

As good as he is, at 25 there's a chance he's at his ceiling, or very close to it.

Yeah, he probably wont improve anymore. The two-footed Jordan Amavi from Nice at 21 years old is probably the best option for RB if we want someone who will improve further with us.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Yeah, he probably wont improve anymore. The two-footed Jordan Amavi from Nice at 21 years old is probably the best option for RB if we want someone who will improve further with us.

He's a LB.

Btw, please don't write off players because of their age.

Jombi

He's a LB.

Btw, please don't write off players because of their age.

Jordan Amavi is equally adept with both feet so wouldnt have problems playing RB.

Regarding, Vidal, physically, players dont really improve past 26 years old.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Jordan Amavi is equally adept with both feet so wouldnt have problems playing RB.

Regarding, Vidal, physically, players dont really improve past 26 years old.

Being two-footed doesn't mean he'll be just as effective on the right flank. He might adapt though.

They don't, but then it's a good thing that physicality isn't the determining factor for a defender. Abidal started out horribly for us, but look how that turned out. Adaptability and footballing IQ matter more.

Home of Barca Fans