Adrien Rabiot

BBZ8800

We probably can't sign Thiago and besides him i don't really see a midfielder that would fit us perfectly. People here like Eriksen but he's more a AM type and will probably cost like 100M. Maybe Pjanic but idk, probably very expensive too.

Rabiot is a decent player, not the worst to get for the midfield. But i would only go for him if he's a steal because of 1 year contract and PSG needing to sell. And also if he doesn't want a giant salary. If this ends up costing us 40M and 7M net per year it's not worth it. If its half of that? Yeah could be worth a try but i doubt that'll happen.

We paid 35-40M for Arthur, who will (at best) need at least 2-3-4 years to get to current Rabiot's level.

Comparison:
1. Rabiot is only 16 Months older than Arthur
2. Rabiot played 5 full seasons for Psg (131 league matches). Arthur played 0 minutes in Europe
3. Rabiot is playing in Champions league for 5 years, since the age 18. He played 31 CL matches already.
4. Rabiot played 6 NT matches for France. Arthur played 0 matches for Brasil.

More or less, Rabiot wins in every single stat.
Yet, people will reply: but Arthur is "exactly" what we need and he deserves a chance.
Yet, a guy with 5 years of 1st division and Champions league don't deserve it, for the same money.

MTL, this is not about you, but my general reply.

I think that someone even mentioned that Rabiot is not young anymore.
Ouch. He is 1 year and 4 months older than Arthur.
AND: He is 3 Months YOUNGER than Sergi Samper :lol:

If we ask our fans about Samper and his Barca's future, people will say: he is young, he deserves a chance, he can improve a lot.
Yet, Rabiot, who is younger than Samper and played 5 full years for Psg, is "too old" and not worth a risk and developing.

My estimation: people are biased towards La Masia guys and Barca's DNA players (Arthur).

M

MessiCam

We need quality right now, not another talent. Especially not a soft player whose mom-agent keep calling managers around the World bothering them to sign her son + threatening the club he plays for all the time.

Arthur and Alena are enough talents. The 1st team is not a youth team facility. It's limited with how many prospects and young talents you should have.

I'm surprised YOU [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] is advocating for another talent's signing instead of an established player that can help us and lift the midfield RIGHT NOW.

It’s because he’s nearly 2 metres in stature.

MTL_Barca

We paid 35-40M for Arthur, who will (at best) need at least 2-3-4 years to get to current Rabiot's level.

Comparison:
1. Rabiot is only 16 Months older than Arthur
2. Rabiot played 5 full seasons for Psg (131 league matches). Arthur played 0 minutes in Europe
3. Rabiot is playing in Champions league for 5 years, since the age 18. He played 31 CL matches already.
4. Rabiot played 6 NT matches for France. Arthur played 0 matches for Brasil.

More or less, Rabiot wins in every single stat.
Yet, people will reply: but Arthur is "exactly" what we need and he deserves a chance.
Yet, a guy with 5 years of 1st division and Champions league don't deserve it, for the same money.

MTL, this is not about you, but my general reply.

I think that someone even mentioned that Rabiot is not young anymore.
Ouch. He is 1 year and 4 months older than Arthur.
AND: He is 3 Months YOUNGER than Sergi Samper :lol:

If we ask our fans about Samper and his Barca's future, people will say: he is young, he deserves a chance, he can improve a lot.
Yet, Rabiot, who is younger than Samper and played 5 full years for Psg, is "too old" and not worth a risk and developing.

My estimation: people are biased towards La Masia guys and Barca's DNA players (Arthur).

For me its not even about the players quality alone, i just wouldn't pay PSG much for him out of principle because he only has 1 year on his contract left. If he doesn't renew they have to sell or get nothing and i'd rather not help them with their FFP issues by overpaying for him. And our wages are too high anyway so if he wants a high salary (he would be in a good position because of relatively low fee) that would be another no-go for me.

M

MessiCam

Rabiot is nothing but a rich mans Gomes.

Thiago looks likely to be available, Eriksen as well as Pjanic too. All much better options than Rabiot.

This Club is going to the shitter.

Joan

[MENTION=20519]Lutece FC[/MENTION] what do you say? Is he leaving? Are you selling him this summer? Who's interested? Rumored price?

FCBfan22

Why are we trying to do business with P$G again?

One does simply not do business with P$G. Get him when he's out of contract or move on.

Lutece FC

[MENTION=20519]Lutece FC[/MENTION] what do you say? Is he leaving? Are you selling him this summer? Who's interested? Rumored price?

I don't know, i think he is going to stay after what happened with Equipe de France. But for the club it's very important to have players from the Academy. So Nasser will do everything to keep him, except if Tuchel asks him to sell.

His image in France is damaged.

Napoli proposed 30 millions apparently... Low offer in my opinion for that kind of player in this market.

Joan

I don't know, i think he is going to stay after what happened with Equipe de France. But for the club it's very important to have players from the Academy. So Nasser will do everything to keep him, except if Tuchel asks him to sell.

His image in France is damaged.

Napoli proposed 30 millions apparently... Low offer in my opinion for that kind of player in this market.

Why do you think it will change his position on future?

It's 30 more than you'd get if he stayed a year more. I'd take him for 30m, very good player but hard to handle.

Forgot, thanks. Report if there's anything new we might miss out on.

Also, do you think there's a chance of him coming to Barca?

Porque

It could be that Rabiot's representatives are using the name of Barcelona in the press to get their client a better deal at PSG.

Contract wise I think that Rabiot on a free transfer would interest half of Europes elite next year. I think that unless FFP is a huge b*tch to PSG, that they wont negotiate a deal to let him go this summer. Only if it becomes a case of Rabiot or Neymar or Mbappe out of necessity will he be the one going.

But if its not he either renews now, or waits till December and negoatiates a bigger deal with with Madrid, City, Chelsea, United, etc.

Managers like Zidane and Mourinho will have no problems with their attitude, just as they managed Benzema and Ibrahimovic fine.

Besides, Valverde would probably just use him in place of Dembele.

Messi983

how pathetic we must be to want psg piss on us yet again?jesus....

Why is it pathetic if we're looking for a talented player who has only a year left on his contract? Yes, it's PSG so they might not want to sell him, especially to us but if he'll reject to renew we can possibly get him on a free transfer next summer so staying in touch with him and see what his plans for the future are is what we should do.

What's pathetic is that we're always trying to sign players who have just renewed contracts with their clubs so we usually have to overpay for them. I'm lukewarm on Rabiot so if we can get him for cheap this season or on free next year I would give him a chance but if he'll stay with PSG or go elsewhere I won't cry after him. But overall the players in his contract situation are the ones we should look after more often.

Home of Barca Fans