Adrien Rabiot

Joan

What's the point of signing a midfielder if he cannot start right now? We need more top class quality and midfielders that got a lot of energy and some pace to be able to press and play a more dynamic style of football. Rabiot simply isn't that. He's had other attitude issues taking shots at team mates and his club in PSG along with a crazy agent of a mom. He's simply an entitled little brat and if he's benched I can see him going off rails very quickly. He didn't even care to meet his new manager in PSG and cancelled a meeting and apparently want guarantees from PSG or any other club that he'll be a starter.

Btw, a midfielder that is a workhorse which is what so many people here seemingly desperately want, but also can play a decent ball, runs all day long like Kante and plays like a pitbull and is tough as nails despite his short stature is moving to Arsenal for 25m. Had a great World Cup for Uruguay.

Lucas Torreira is his name. Would be a much better option than Rabiot for the reasons you mentioned. He might not be a physically monster like @BBZ8800 want, but neither is Kante.

Why cannot this club be a little more ambitious? We were ready to spend 100m on Griezmann. We are set to sell several players and in worst case scenario might make 60-70m.

It's not like we're cash strapped. We're wasting money on average-mediocre players. If we spent a bit more on proper quality players or even one such player instead of two average ones we would be doing much better.

When will we as a fanbase and club learn? Sport and MD will keep pushing these average players as superstars while they are nothing more than decent at best.

[tw]1015743843252211712[/tw]

We've talked about improving the midfield for 2-3 years now and you're telling me Rabiot is the best we can do? Even after losing Iniesta?

Now, I don't like using these stats, but I am using this to further illustrate my point:

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-.../tackles_lost/total_duels_%/interceptions#avg

How underwhelming Rabiot can be in a Ligue 1 that isn't very competitive, playing for an utterly dominant PSG with Verratti and Motta in the midfield should worry everyone.

Being impressed with one CL game against us and wanting a player because of that or how he supposedly can fit in with no evidence suggesting it, is not how a club should be run and how a transfer should be made.

Juventus already talked with Rabiot's agent-mom who offered them the chance to sign him, but they decided it was not worth it according to Di Marzio. His mom-agent has met with Barca, Juventus , Man City and Man Utd and so far Juve have rejected him, Man Utd decided to sign Fred instead and renew Fellaini lol and Man City still want Jorginho instead.

Ok, some things I didn't know. 1) guarantees he'll be a starter 2) refusing to play certain roles. Haven't really followed his off-pitch behavior. Incident with France is all I know about. These things should be dealt with if it ever comes close to the transfer. Unless his chanced his position, I would let it go. But I like him as a player, would lie if said otherwise. Add to that his arrogant, 'better than you' attitude which our team doesn't have - I've grown fond of him.

That said, do you really think the club would show more ambitions if we went for Torreira? Rabiot is simply a better player and could be more useful since he's versatile.

Now I've read your post, Adrien might not be the solution. But we'll try to get a midfielder and I don't see many better options.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ok, some things I didn't know. 1) guarantees he'll be a starter 2) refusing to play certain roles. Haven't really followed his off-pitch behavior. Incident with France is all I know about. These things should be dealt with if it ever comes close to the transfer. Unless his chanced his position, I would let it go. But I like him as a player, would lie if said otherwise. Add to that his arrogant, 'better than you' attitude which our team doesn't have - I've grown fond of him.

That said, do you really think the club would show more ambitions if we went for Torreira? Rabiot is simply a better player and could be more useful since he's versatile.

Now I've read your post, Adrien might not be the solution. But we'll try to get a midfielder and I don't see many better options.

I should have probably clarified my point about Torreira better. I don't think it would be ambitious to sign Torreira, but if we're going for be unambitious and sign a midfielder for the reasons you mentioned I believe Torreira would be better than Rabiot. A hardworker that got the lungs to run all day long like Kante, but also able to be somewhat creative in his passing. Got that Uruguayan 'Charrúa' mentality which is worth far more than Rabiot's 'laissez-faire' I don't give a shit about you mentality.

But if it was up to me I would sign neither. At least right now.

wisconsincule

I should have probably clarified my point about Torreira better. I don't think it would be ambitious to sign Torreira, but if we're going for be unambitious and sign a midfielder for the reasons you mentioned I believe Torreira would be better than Rabiot. A hardworker that got the lungs to run all day long like Kante, but also able to be somewhat creative in his passing. Got that Uruguayan 'Charrúa' mentality which is worth far more than Rabiot's 'laissez-faire' I don't give a shit about you mentality.

But if it was up to me I would sign neither. At least right now.

For 25 mil and that Kante type profile I wouldn’t mind seeing how he worked in our system.

Vilarrubi

What's the point of signing a midfielder if he cannot start right now? We need more top class quality and midfielders that got a lot of energy and some pace to be able to press and play a more dynamic style of football. Rabiot simply isn't that. He's had other attitude issues taking shots at team mates and his club in PSG along with a crazy agent of a mom. He's simply an entitled little brat and if he's benched I can see him going off rails very quickly. He didn't even care to meet his new manager in PSG and cancelled a meeting and apparently want guarantees from PSG or any other club that he'll be a starter.

Btw, a midfielder that is a workhorse which is what so many people here seemingly desperately want, but also can play a decent ball, runs all day long like Kante and plays like a pitbull and is tough as nails despite his short stature is moving to Arsenal for 25m. Had a great World Cup for Uruguay.

Lucas Torreira is his name. Would be a much better option than Rabiot for the reasons you mentioned. He might not be a physically monster like @BBZ8800 want, but neither is Kante.

Why cannot this club be a little more ambitious? We were ready to spend 100m on Griezmann. We are set to sell several players and in worst case scenario might make 60-70m.

It's not like we're cash strapped. We're wasting money on average-mediocre players. If we spent a bit more on proper quality players or even one such player instead of two average ones we would be doing much better.

When will we as a fanbase and club learn? Sport and MD will keep pushing these average players as superstars while they are nothing more than decent at best.

[tw]1015743843252211712[/tw]

We've talked about improving the midfield for 2-3 years now and you're telling me Rabiot is the best we can do? Even after losing Iniesta?

Now, I don't like using these stats, but I am using this to further illustrate my point:

http://www2.squawka.com/comparison-.../tackles_lost/total_duels_%/interceptions#avg

How underwhelming Rabiot can be in a Ligue 1 that isn't very competitive, playing for an utterly dominant PSG with Verratti and Motta in the midfield should worry everyone.

Being impressed with one CL game against us and wanting a player because of that or how he supposedly can fit in with no evidence suggesting it, is not how a club should be run and how a transfer should be made.

Juventus already talked with Rabiot's agent-mom who offered them the chance to sign him, but they decided it was not worth it according to Di Marzio. His mom-agent has met with Barca, Juventus , Man City and Man Utd and so far Juve have rejected him, Man Utd decided to sign Fred instead and renew Fellaini lol and Man City still want Jorginho instead.

Nice post, agree with everything.

It’s fine signing Arthur and possibly an Ajax midfielder.. but haven’t we learnt our lesson over the last few years about buying “prospects” and unproven players for average prices.

Nothing is coming out of La Masia.. IMO we need to break the bank and get a midfielder who can start straight away.

JamDav1982

[tw]1016050426783776768[/tw]

So in the end, we will save P$G from FFP sanctions...

It wont save them from FFP which is irrelevant anyway if Barca are getting a good deal.

Would be idiotic for Barca to turn down a player that could improve the squad at a decent price just because it is PSG.

FCBfan22

It wont save them from FFP which is irrelevant anyway if Barca are getting a good deal.

Would be idiotic for Barca to turn down a player that could improve the squad at a decent price just because it is PSG.

True. Still I believe that Nasser won't sell.

JamDav1982

True. Still I believe that Nasser won't sell.

Maybe not but when they are going to be looking at meeting FFP for next few years it is cutting their nose of to spite their face to let him leave for free next summer.

More likely scenario is he signs a new contract on wages he has asked for would think.

Messi983

Didn't he ask for something like 600k/week? I doubt they'll give him that. It could be just his way of saying "overpay me if you want me to stay or I want to get out" though.

FC433

PSG's squad is pathetic. They only have one LB and three CBs. Their midfield is not promising. I think they should get rid of one of Neymar or KM if want to compete.

Wallace

The PSG squad is pathetic, but better than Barcelona. See how the situation of the club is pathetic.

Home of Barca Fans