9 - Samuel Eto'o

Pajo

Interista Paja Patak
He kissed our shirt for the first time yesterday :) I hate players when they do it in the beggining, but after 2 years, it felt very, very good... :)

Hatem Ben Arfa

He is THE BEST STRIKER IN THE WORLD! He has been for the last 5 years in my opinion. There is a reason why Messi literally begged Pep not to sell him! Jose Mourinho totally wasted him.

He has such amazing close control, first touch and pace, and his finishing is out of this world!

I was watching him in the Inter - Bayer Munich UCL game, and even though he didn't score, he was amazing for me! I still can't understand why Guardiola got rid of him? Does he have a big ego or something? He doesn't seem the type to be a party animal like R'dinho and Deco. So why did Guardiola get rid!

Eto'o is >>>>>>>>>>>> D.Villa

sorry to Villa fan but that is just the way it is! Eto'o would have score way more than 20 goals Villa has now this season!

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

He is THE BEST STRIKER IN THE WORLD! He has been for the last 5 years in my opinion. Jose Mourinho totally wasted him.

He has such amazing close control, first touch and pace, and his finishing is out of this world!

I was watching him in the Inter - Bayer Munich UCL game, and even though he didn't score, he was amazing for me! I still can't understand why Guardiola got rid of him? Does he have a big ego or something? He doesn't seem the type to be a party animal like R'dinho and Deco. So why did Guardiola get rid!

Eto'o is >>>>>>>>>>>> D.Villa

sorry to Villa fan but that is just the way it is! Eto'o would have score way more than 20 goals Villa has now this season!

:lol:. Sorry.

DucdeOrléans

Yes I certainly do.

What I posted in the Ibrahimovic thread earlier today:

"Eto'o was very important but let us not overestimate his importance to our success.

I would take Villa instead of Eto'o everyday of the week.

Villa has better finishing, better vision and better technique. Also less prone to injuries.

Let us remember that in Villas first season we have a realistic chance of another treble. Just saying.

Villa was bad against Arseanl, I admit, but he was our best player in the first leg.

He has scored against Espanol, Franco CF, Villarreal, Arsenal, Sevilla, Bilbao etc.

He really fits like a glove in our team.

PS: Let us also remember that he has hit the post several times this season (5-6 times as I remember it) so his tally could have been way higher."

Hatem Ben Arfa

Eto'o 100 Goals for Barca Download

Eto'o is better! every couple of weeks David Villa will have a game where he misses so many 1 on 1 chances it is a joke!

He has not been as good as you say he has. When you see Villa go through 1 on 1, you are not thinking this is a dead certain goal, are you? You personally may think it is, but I bet the majority of Barcelona fans aren't as confident he will socre when 1 on 1 because this season he has failed to take those opportunities on many many occasions! And you say he is better finisher than Eto'o! Not a chance!

Eto'o is the best striker in the world IMO and the best finisher as well! And he is a million miles better than Villa in 1 on 1 situations!

DucdeOrléans

Eto'o 100 Goals for Barca Download

Eto'o is better! every couple of weeks David Villa will have a game where he misses so many 1 on 1 chances it is a joke!

He has not been as good as you say he has. When you see Villa go through 1 on 1, you are not thinking this is a dead certain goal, are you? You personally may think it is, but I bet the majority of Barcelona fans aren't as confident he will socre when 1 on 1 because this season he has failed to take those opportunities on many many occasions! And you say he is better finisher than Eto'o! Not a chance!

Eto'o is the best striker in the world IMO and the best finisher as well! And he is a million miles better than Villa in 1 on 1 situations!

I understand your point Ben Arfa. No need to use rhetoric like "certainly is million times better, better finisher than Villa" etc. FFS we are not comparing Eto'o to Heskey.

David Villa has better stats (goal ratio), has better technique, better vision and composure. I seriously doubt that you watched Eto'o when he played for FC. Barcelona, otherwise you would not have said the things you do (better finish for example)

Anyway it is a close call and saying Eto'o is million times better than Villa is stupid. Overestimation or not.

Last edited:

Hatem Ben Arfa

I watched Eto'o every week when he played for Barca, and even when at Mallorca when they were on TV I was always a big fan. Especially after he made R.Madrid defence look like children when he beat 3 o ftheir players in the box and scored. Roberto Carlos was made to look a right fool!

And to say Villa has more composure, I don't think so. Maybe Villa looks calmer because he is not running on to the end of balls at the pace Samuel Eto'o does.

If you watch those videos, you will see how ubelievable Eto'o's finishing is! Right foot, Left foot, placing or smashing with incredible accuracy, skills pace. Eto'o is the better of the two! And had Eto'o played on Tuesday night he would have scored unlike Villa!

You don't have to change your opinions on Villa, you can stick them and agree to disagree. I'm sorry If my argument comes across as very dogmatic.

As for thinking a certain goal is coming when David Villa is clean through, I just don't have that confidence and comfort given the number of those chances he has failed to convert this season. When Villa is clean through I get the same feeling and thoughts that I get when Messi has been taking his penalties THIS season! Uncertainty that he will score. that should not be the case for a striker of Villa's calibre, especially with 1 on 1 opportunites. I just feel like the David Villa of Valencia would have taken way more of the chances Villa for Barca has missed.

Eto'o is better though ;)

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
As for thinking a certain goal is coming when David Villa is clean through, I just don't have that confidence and comfort given the number of those chances he has failed to convert this season. When Villa is clean through I get the same feeling and thoughts that I get when Messi has been taking his penalties THIS season! Uncertainty that he will score. that should not be the case for a striker of Villa's calibre, especially with 1 on 1 opportunites. I just feel like the David Villa of Valencia would have taken way more of the chances Villa for Barca has missed.

Eto'o missed an incredible amount of chances as well.

DucdeOrléans

Fair enough Ben Arfa. Let us agree on disagreeing. (lol)

10Rivaldo:

Yes, the 2008-2009 season springs into mind. Especially the end of it.

But as I said before it is a very close call, but I would prefer Villa.

Home of Barca Fans