9 - Samuel Eto'o

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
And yes, this season- Higuain is a better striker than Ibra. and yes, Soldado is on par with Ibra in terms of being a goalscorer.

That would make Eto'o to be a worse off striker than these guys that you mentioned whose primary role is to score goals.

I am still waiting on this discussion.

House of Flies

Why are we comparing strikers in different leagues I still don't get it.

We are just going with the ratios.

Like the European Golden Boot winner. Serie A and La Liga have the same coefficient so why not.

If you dont want that discussion... here's secondary one.. top scorers of Serie A

17 goals

* Italy Antonio Di Natale (Udinese)

14 goals

* Argentina Diego Milito (Internazionale)

12 goals

* Italy Giampaolo Pazzini (Sampdoria)

11 goals

* Brazil Barreto (Bari)
* Italy Alessandro Matri (Cagliari)

10 goals

* Italy Francesco Totti (Roma)
* Italy Alberto Gilardino (Fiorentina)

9 goals

* Italy Massimo Maccarone (Siena)
* Brazil Ronaldinho (Milan)
* Italy Marco Di Vaio (Bologna)
* Brazil Alexandre Pato (Milan)

Find me Eto'o and then Inter fans will have nothing to be angry about.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How about you copy your post where you said he played in 26 games or said that Milito shot more penalties. :)
And no, it wouldn´t mean a thing. It´s way to early to rate.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Why are we comparing strikers in different leagues I still don't get it.

It´s worse it´s comparing a sole striker to one that more often than not shares his place in attack. And like that isn´t enough he used wrong stats for both players.

House of Flies

How about you copy your post where you said he played in 26 games or said that Milito shot more penalties. :)
And no, it wouldn´t mean a thing. It´s way to early to rate.

So you are saying that one could rate Ibra early (which you already do) but cant be done the same for Eto'o?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i think my post about the style of league and the way they defend is the real reason eto'o isn't scoring. fast strikers do not fit serie a as they do in la liga due to the style and type of defending.

V

Valon

@ HoF - But as it stands by your definition both are average strikers at the moment with Ibra being a bit better.

@ Hamzat - I strongly agree. The defences operate way different in Serie A than La Liga.

House of Flies

i think my post about the style of league and the way they defend is the real reason eto'o isn't scoring. fast strikers do not fit serie a as they do in la liga due to the style and type of defending.

not entirely... di natale is a fast striker

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Again with kindergarten.. I did not say one can rate Ibra early. There is something as rating someone for his form and rating someone on his long term contribution. Had you had any interest in a thread instead of the usual hate/bashing with flawed stats you would have read my post
In the end of the day all it matters for us is which one is better for Barca and only at the end of the season will we be able to make a fair assessment.

Home of Barca Fans