9 - Robert Lewandowski

RevoTeller

Not even joking when I say that this guy might be the greatest 9 in FC Barcelona history.

Please.

50269642.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Faf8adbd96070ab32fcabf2e5b0345972.jpg

499408-22897659-2560-1440.jpg

Any of these players in their prime >> Lewandowski

I don't care about goal numbers without context, I care about quality and skills.

Romario had the skillset of Ronaldinho but scored triple the goals.
Ronaldo de Lima in his prime is the best player ever seen by humanity along with Pele and Maradona
Eto'o was a beast who could play anywhere on the pitch: first striker, second striker, on the right/left. And plus, he was a serial winner.

Last edited:

Temptation

Please.

50269642.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2Faf8adbd96070ab32fcabf2e5b0345972.jpg

DYHHRVdXkAQJygM.jpg

Any of these players in their prime >> Lewandowski

I don't care about goal numbers without context, I care about quality and skills.

Romario had the skillset of Ronaldinho but scored triple the goals.
Ronaldo de Lima in his prime is the best player ever seen by humanity along with Pele and Maradona
Eto'o was a beast who could play anywhere on the pitch: first striker, second striker, on the right/left. And plus, he was a serial winner.

He's better than Eto'o.

RevoTeller

He's better than Eto'o.

No he is not.
I've watched prime Eto'o play. Different level.
What Eto'o did on the pitch, Lewandowski could never.

A player is much more than just goals, otherwise we could say that Lukaku is equal or better than Thierry Henry.

That's also why it is hilarious to see comparison between Lewandowski and Messi in this very thread.
I mean, WTF? Get a grip guys.

Temptation

No he is not.
I've watched prime Eto'o play. Different level.
What Eto'o did on the pitch, Lewandowski could never.

A player is much more than just goals, otherwise we could say that Lukaku is equal or better than Thierry Henry.

That's also why it is hilarious to see comparison between Lewandowski and Messi in this very thread.
I mean, WTF? Get a grip guys.

That's funny coz Lewandowski is more complete than Eto'o and can even function as a plan B for a team.

Lukaku comparison makes zero sense here because Lewandowski has more pedigree than Eto'o.

Typical Nostalgia Bias lol.

Even Suarez was better than Eto'o. Eto'o was very clutch I'd give him that.

Total-Football

Etoo is the definition of a first defender. The pressing he used to to was ridiculous and many times he managed to be the reason barca got the ball back immediately. A player with that talent has no business doing defensive work yet he was there being the first line of defense. This can only be said about very very few world class strikers (prime suarez for example)

KingLeo10

Etoo is the definition of a first defender. The pressing he used to to was ridiculous and many times he managed to be the reason barca got the ball back immediately. A player with that talent has no business doing defensive work yet he was there being the first line of defense. This can only be said about very very few world class strikers (prime suarez for example)

That was one of Suarez's biggest attributes. His hunger (no pun intended) and will were second to none at the position in 12/13 - 15/16. Shame he kind of got comfortable with the amigo culture in the EV years and beyond.

Temptation

That was one of Suarez's biggest attributes. His hunger (no pun intended) and will were second to none at the position in 12/13 - 15/16. Shame he kind of got comfortable with the amigo culture in the EV years and beyond.

I don't think he got comfortable. He just didn't have the legs anymore. His stamina looked shot after a few seasons at Barca.

RevoTeller

That's funny coz Lewandowski is more complete than Eto'o and can even function as a plan B for a team.

Lukaku comparison makes zero sense here because Lewandowski has more pedigree than Eto'o.

Typical Nostalgia Bias lol.

Even Suarez was better than Eto'o. Eto'o was very clutch I'd give him that.

More complete than Eto'o as a striker/center forward? Yes, I agree with that. Eto'o was not as good with headers.
More complete as a player? Sorry, no. I would love to see Lewandoswki play multiple games as a full winger, he would drop on the pitch like a dead sack.

The same could be said about Ronaldo de Lima as well about headers, though. Is Lewandowski 'more complete' than him as well as a player, then? Of course not.

Lewandowski more pedigree that Eto'o? What do you mean with 'pedigree'?

- Silverware? I hope not, as Eto'o wins easily
- Personal achievements? It depends, as context again is much needed. Mid 2000's was a much higher quality period for football compared to today and scoring numbers were on average not as high as today.
The prime example of this is an average player like Immobile winning the Golden Shoe and scoring more goals in Serie A than Batistuta. Even if he scores 1000 goals, Immobile will never be 1/5 of the player Batistuta was.

Nostalgia bias? I would say no, I rate Lewandowski very highly, simply I saw better players than him. Tell me, did you see prime Eto'o play in 2005? In 2006? Did you see prime Eto'o play in 2011 at Inter? Because I did and trust me, goals alone just cannot describe his skillset, ability and mentality.
If you saw him live, then we can discuss. Otherwise, rather than telling 'Nostalgia Bias, lol' to me, you should work on your football knowledge.

Suarez better than Eto'o? No, to me he was not better. Only 13-14 Suarez approached the levels of prime Eto'o, for the rest of his career he was a step below.
And mind me, I am well aware that he scored more career goals than Eto'o. But then again, numbers without proper context mean nothing in football: he scored more career goals than Ronaldo de Lima as well, still he was not worth half of the Fenomeno.
Peak Suarez > Lewandowski though, I concede that.

Last edited:

fergus90

Eto'o is Barca's best 9 in the time I've watched the club in my opinion too. So underrated.

Barca really has been blessed with some incredible strikers over the years.

FinBarcelonafan

Eto'o is Barca's best 9 in the time I've watched the club in my opinion too. So underrated.

Barca really has been blessed with some incredible strikers over the years.

Barca is the most spoiled club in the world. Look at the best goal scorers of the past 10 years. Messi, Lewy, Neymar, Suarez and Auba.. hah. Insane!

Like it or not, broke Barca or not, this club attracts the biggest talent.

Home of Barca Fans