9 - Robert Lewandowski

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I remember I signed him in FM some years ago and he scored for me a lot of goals.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought the same thing a while ago, but generally, no "true" 9 has been heavily linked to us so far. I think he's great (he scored in about 12 league games in a row) but we would need a change in tactics if we bought him. Plus, Bayern seem to have a deal with him.

Honestly, we could use the change in tactics anyway. Messi said himself he likes playing behind a striker.
Lewa needed to score a poker of goals to get noticed but I don't care how it happens just as long as we get a pure striker this summer.

Indignado

Honestly, we could use the change in tactics anyway. Messi said himself he likes playing behind a striker.
Lewa needed to score a poker of goals to get noticed but I don't care how it happens just as long as we get a pure striker this summer.

I remember Xavi saying he prefers having a real striker up front as well. If we get a real striker this summer, Lewa would probably be the best option as he's the only world class striker who wouldn't cost 50m+ due to his contract expiration date.

Irish_Cules

Ye I would love to see Messi playing off a striker like Lewa. Ideally it would be in a 4-2-3-1 with a double pivot but considering our depth of midfield talent I don't see us changing from a 4-3-3. I think the most likely thing would be like what we did against, Messi behind the striker with the right side empty.
I wouldn't mind seeing Messi back towards the right side again to be honest though (with freedom to drift inside of course). He mightn't score quite as much as he does now but the team would be better balanced and less dependent on him. Look at Ronaldo....he's still playing on the wings and is scoring buckets of goals.

Home of Barca Fans