9 - Robert Lewandowski

Mitchell1978

Most goals in the past 4 seasons (makes more sense) by a player other than Messi & CR:
1- Mario Gomez, 52 goals in 58 starts, 2011-2012
2- Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, 49 goals in 53 starts, 2011-2012
3- Neymar, 48 goals in 57 starts, 2014-2015
4- Zlatan Ibrahimovic, 46 goals in 51 starts, 2013-2014

Lewa had 31 goals in 51 starts last season.

Only Messi and Cr have surpassed the 1 goal per game ratio. Both did twice, in 11-12 and 12-13 for Messi, 13-14 and 14-15 for Cr.

actually both did it 3 times (and came close several other times)

Messi in 11/12, 12/13 and 14/15 (58 in 57 games/56 starts)
CR7 in 11/12, 13/14 and 14/15

actually both did it 3 times (and came close several other times)

Messi in 11/12, 12/13 and 14/15 (58 in 57 games/56 starts)
CR7 in 11/12, 13/14 and 14/15

You are not taking international games into account (messi 14 15)
Ronaldo reached the 1 goal/game ratio in 11-12 but didn't move past it.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Could probably add 5-10 more goals to Lewa's tally if he had been Bayern's penalty taker, like Penaldo for Real or Messi for Barca.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Lewy is already "too old" to even think about the possibility of him ever reaching the heights of Messi and Ronaldo in general. He is 27 and Messi and Ronaldo have somehow "always been around" since they play.

But he could beat them for one year. Wont win the Ballon D'Or even if he outscores them, but still write a little piece of history there.

If Lewa outscores Penaldo and Messi this season and if he goes on to become treble-winner with Bayern, what on earth makes you think he wouldn't win the Ballon de who-gives-a-crap?

It would be insane not to give it to him in such a case.

Two very big IFs ofc though...

Yannik

If Lewa outscores Penaldo and Messi this season and if he goes on to become treble-winner with Bayern, what on earth makes you think he wouldn't win the Ballon de who-gives-a-crap?

i was talking about the Ballon D'Or 2015.
There are no trophys to be won until the end of the year.

Afterwards it would be possible, but only if the two big IFs apply of course.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

One-dimensional and limited player like Lewandowski winning Balon would be a travesty and an insult to football.
Happened before though so you can still hope but I wouldn't bet on it.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Balon isn't about the best player otherwise Messi would win it every year. For me its about which player has had the best calendar year no matter his one-dimensional or limited ability.

Which is why this bigger dick competition between Messi and Ronaldo pisses me off.

Iniesta and Xavi should both have won it in the past 6 years. See this bigger dick competition means outside of barca and Real supporters no one gives a shit about what was once a prestigious award. Now its meaningless.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

One-dimensional and limited player like Lewandowski winning Balon would be a travesty and an insult to football.

Calls one of the most complete and versatile Center Forwards "one-dimensional and limited". :lol:

gasgas

please explain what you mean by that

R

Ryu Hayabusa

i was talking about the Ballon D'Or 2015.
There are no trophys to be won until the end of the year.

Afterwards it would be possible, but only if the two big IFs apply of course.

Yeah, alright. Treble would be a necessity plus outscoring both to stand a chance against the usual Messi-or-Penaldo-choice. That much is a given.

Ocelot

These awards should be given on a season based and not on a whole year. A brilliant end of year might overshadow an average year and vice versa.

El Flaco

Could probably add 5-10 more goals to Lewa's tally if he had been Bayern's penalty taker, like Penaldo for Real or Messi for Barca.

Or as a the first choice at free kicks for Bayern.

Lewy is already "too old" to even think about the possibility of him ever reaching the heights of Messi and Ronaldo in general. He is 27 and Messi and Ronaldo have somehow "always been around" since they play.

Ballon d'Or is based given to a player's performances during a certain calender year and nothing else. Otherwise, Messi would win every year like someelse said.

And I rather put Lewy over a Cristiano who's only good at poaching goals + penalties but that's an another discussion.

Wont win the Ballon D'Or even if he outscores them,

Why not? Cristiano manage to win two of his last Ballon d'Or because no one was able to produce more goals than him during 2013 & 2014.

Really? Then how comes that Guardiola wanted to sign Lewy from BVB while at the same time get rid of Mandzo, even though both of them are great at producing goals? :)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans