9 - Robert Lewandowski

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Players like Lewandowski or strikers in general don't need to be micromanaged I think.

Perhaps young strikers like Darwin or Haaland coming in to play in a different system than they're used to need it a bit in the beginning.

iniestaGOAT

Not nearly good enough to micromanage tactics to a non native English speaker in English based on what I heard but we'll see. Could be that he wont need to and Lewa clicks instantly or an assistant will just take care of it
Nowhere near Pep

Peps english is terrible

You need to listen to xavi, its perfect

Temptation

There's the coaching staff, fitness staff, players to help with communication.

Also showing directions with hands on the tactics board and actual work on the training ground will make both parties more than understand what they want from each other.

Absolute non issue if I have ever seen one.

What a dumb thing to worry about!

Temptation

When the Polish National Team got the Portuguese coach Paolo Sousa, a decent English speaker, RL9 was literally his go-to man to communicate with in English about numerous matters.

Also, Xavi speaks more than enough English needed to communicate his ideas.

El Gato

Villarato!
Peps english is terrible

You need to listen to xavi, its perfect

Nowhere near perfect
Doesnt even speak it voluntarily when he knows he's speaking to international audience unless reporter speaks English themselves and needs a question repeated often enough
It's normal communicative English of a non-native speaker and way better than most players who never lived in English-speaking world, but still way behind those that did so for several years

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
If Barca play 3ATB it'll hardly be the same system as Bayern's at any point, even Flick's
Depends how Xavi chooses to manage him. Big player autonomy can get in the way of others executing their tasks and cant manage him like his amigo former teammates.
Barca wings and attacking mids are all 25 or younger, he'll give them more guidance no doubt. If Lewa gets on with them without need for conversation between everyone, shouldnt be a problem, but if not.. well, there'll have to be chats about compromising in the best way sooner rather than later
Clasico was indicator enough it can be fine, but it's still honeymoon period

When the Polish National Team got the Portuguese coach Paolo Sousa, a decent English speaker, RL9 was literally his go-to man to communicate with in English about numerous matters.

Also, Xavi speaks more than enough English needed to communicate his ideas.

He wasn't really, his go to man was the assistant who's now assistant to Michniewicz and Lewa is a captain so understandable they'd talk often.
Normal for Lewa to know language better when knows more English than 3/4 of the squad

Xavi's English is fine for most purposes, not necessarily for communicating lots of detail but might not even be necessary

Last edited:

Barcilliant

So Bayern don't seem to be missing much. Thrashed some hapless team to kickstart their campaign. The Bliga is the least competitive league in Europe and Lewa will struggle to match his previous numbers.

Temptation

"There are more games in a season in La Liga than the Bundesliga, so I will have more chances to score more goals."

The confidence!!

feggydinho

So Bayern don't seem to be missing much. Thrashed some hapless team to kickstart their campaign. The Bliga is the least competitive league in Europe and Lewa will struggle to match his previous numbers.

Bayern would win all their local cups without him, and still win the league early. He's still a great player but they're a solid team.

pers

So basically you think LaLiga is stronger than CL coz last season Bayern on average scored more goals per game in CL. Lewandowski has almost the same average in BL and in CL Last few seasons Bayern scored 3+ goals to many LaLiga or PL teams as well including Barcelona several times... I have't watched much LaLiga but I have watched all Bayern games last few seasons (coz of Lewy) so I will have chance to see how much mid LaLiga teams are better (or not) to mid BL ones.

Last edited:

JohnN

Mid la Liga teams are more technical but less athletic. Just different styles but about the same level.

Home of Barca Fans