9 - Robert Lewandowski

MTL_Barca

This is nothing new from Bayern. They always come out with these elitist anti Barcelona remarks for some reason. I recall around the time we signed Patrick Anderson they remarked that we were poor and had no money.

Not sure why, maybe they just think they are superior given our awful historic record against them?

That's just Hoene? for ya. Not like he talks any better of Madrid, remember him predicting they gonna be bankrupt sooner rather than later like 15 years ago. Probably wouldn't talk highly of QSG or City either. Or even his own players if he feels like it.

Temptation

Don't blame the guy with 109 G+A in 89 games for the teams performance.

Was forced to watch a lot of Dortmund this season and damn did they suck all around. Ironically kinda like Barca :lol: Lot's and lot's of wasted chances, stupid mistakes, horrible defense and just so inconsistent in every way.

They need to bring in more quality, and hope Terzic clicks. Because otherwise it'll just be like Barca without Messi, same shit play just with less goals.

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. It's far more complex than that.

No one is blaming Haaland. He did amazingly as an individual.

You'll see next season and realise the point I was making. Keep an eye on Dortmund next season.

MTL_Barca

That's a very simplistic way of looking at things. It's far more complex than that.

No one is blaming Haaland. He did amazingly as an individual.

You'll see next season and realise the point I was making. Keep an eye on Dortmund next season.

Nah Dortmund is just ass, that's exactly like when people were expecting Griezmann and Coutinho to be unleashed once Messi is gone. They have A LOT of problems to fix.

If Dortmund plays better then it's because of the coach and/or other signings (especially defense) but in that case they'd still be better with Haaland.

I'm gonna keep an eye on them, hopefully it's not as painful again. Watching them live in freezing cold wasn't very fun to say the least :lol:

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mostly Hoeness but KHR also said a few times about us and other clubs too. Not particularly against us and I don't think it had anything about our record against them, I think Bayern apparatus just feels morally superior to other clubs, for whatever reason. They spoke about other clubs far more often than the head of any other club that I have seen, including Dortmund's Watzke.

Temptation

Nah Dortmund is just ass, that's exactly like when people were expecting Griezmann and Coutinho to be unleashed once Messi is gone.

If Dortmund plays better than it's because of the coach and/or other signings (especially defense) but in that case they'd still be better with Haaland.

My theory is that:

In Modern Football, pure poachers hold the team back slightly at the highest level. So either you should stick with a false 9 or a flexible front 3 or you have a more complete CF. Another great idea would be a front 2 who complement each other well, that can work wonders too. Remember that this is only applicable for the very top teams. Midtable and lower teams can still easily bdnefit from having a pure poacher in the lineup.

Time will tell if this theory is BS.

I'm predicting Haaland will take away a bit from City's all round build up game.

MTL_Barca

Mostly Hoeness but KHR also said a few times about us and other clubs too. Not particularly against us and I don't think it had anything about our record against them, I think Bayern apparatus just feels morally superior to other clubs, for whatever reason. They spoke about other clubs far more often than the head of any other club that I have seen, including Dortmund's Watzke.

They feel super proud of the way they handle their finances, looking down on debt and oil clubs for as long as i can remember.

Many fans (not just Bayern) think like that as well of course, the amount of online discussions on that Real Madrid training ground property deal or whatever that was i've seen in the past easily surpasses the Riqui Puig thread :lol: It's kinda convenient as well of course, if you lose out on a player or trophy it's you being responsible, if you win then oh boy you really showed these criminals despite working on a huge disadvantage.

MTL_Barca

My theory is that:

In Modern Football, pure poachers hold the team back slightly at the highest level. So either you should stick with a false 9 or a flexible front 3 or you have a more complete CF. Another great idea would be a front 2 who complement each other well, that can work wonders too. Remember that this is only applicable for the very top teams. Midtable and lower teams can still easily bdnefit from having a pure poacher in the lineup.

I'm predicting Haaland will take away a bit from City's all round build up game.

I see the reasoning there (even though i'd say Haaland isn't that bad at contributing) but man Dortmund was so frustrating to watch :lol:

Not even sure why, they have good players but their defense always felt like Lenglet Garcia on a bad day, a million useless passes in attack, dumb mistakes in build-up etc. Walmart Barca.

Adeyemi is good, Schlotterbeck and Suele too. Still need more imo, probably another attacker.

Birdy

My theory is that:

No, it's a proven theory the last 10 or so years
Expecting it to be proven again with city nest season, who will become worse with Haaland against big teams.

Only exceptions are strikers who are not only poachers but playmakers, like Kane or Benzema

Zidane82

My theory is that:

Well in theory he cannot add too much to City as they only lost 3 times this season WITHOUT him .. they are unlikely to go all next season unbeaten so that suggests them losing at least once ..

So a 3 or 6 point gain as long as Liverpool do NOT improve their team over the summer ( they probably will )

Home of Barca Fans