8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

mc_lovin

Pedri and Gavi are better than Thiago??:lol:

Thiago was one of the most crucial players in Bayern's sextuple win. Was the heartbeat of our team that just competed for every single trophy till the last day of the season and is fantastic whenever he plays in any competition.

But sure Pedri and Gavi are better because they have played well against few mighty La Liga teams. :lol:

No sane person will rate Pedri and Gavi higher than Thiago currently.

Tell me why Enrique starts a finished Busquets over Rodri who is consistently delivering World Class performances for years now. :lol:

They have been better for Spain obviously. And Pedri might be better in general already, but yeah, that's based on a very small sample size. He's an insane talent.

And you are talking to the wrong person in regards to Busquets. I still rate him highly :lol: For us it's the first time since 2016 that we have a good team around him in defence and the players upfront with pace to relieve the midfielders from getting pressed to death. We will see whether that amounts to something this season with Busi as a possible key player or not. Next year he's gone anyway.

For Spain picking Busi has been a no-brainer as well, cause the team and him performed. The last Euro has proven that. It can be that simple.

Temptation

They have been better for Spain obviously. And Pedri might be better in general already, but yeah, that's based on a very small sample size. He's an insane talent.

And you are talking to the wrong person in regards to Busquets. I still rate him highly :lol: For us it's the first time since 2016 that we have a good team around him in defence and the players upfront with pace to relieve the midfielders from getting pressed to death. We will see whether that amounts to something this season with Busi as a possible key player or not. Next year he's gone anyway.

For Spain picking Busi has been a no-brainer as well, cause the team and him performed. The last Euro has proven that. It can be that simple.

Mate you're sounding like Gareth Southgate.

That way even Maguire hasn't put a foot wrong for England and infact has a better international career than these Spanish youngsters(Maguire was in the 2018 WC Team of the Tournament)......but we all know Maguire is crap.....

International games are few and far in between. Just because you played 2 good games a year back doesn't mean you keep your spot a year later. Does club form mean nothing in these selections?

Thiago fits the Spanish NT like a glove but loses his spot due to obvious politics.

My point about Enrique's selections having nothing to do with actual merit is spot on.

He'll win fuckall for Spain. He's Spain's Southgate with worse results. :lol:

mc_lovin

Mate you're sounding like Gareth Southgate.

That way even Maguire hasn't put a foot wrong for England and infact has a better international career than these Spanish youngsters(Maguire was in the 2018 WC Team of the Tournament)......but we all know Maguire is crap.....

International games are few and far in between. Just because you played 2 good games a year back doesn't mean you keep your spot a year later. Does club form mean nothing in these selections?

Thiago fits the Spanish NT like a glove but loses his spot due to obvious politics.

My point about Enrique's selections having nothing to do with actual merit is spot on.

He'll win fuckall for Spain. He's Spain's Southgate with worse results. :lol:

It's not even just Gavi and Pedri causing problems for Thiago, he can't get past Koke either :lol: But sure, politics.

Also Enrique did wonders with a rather average looking Spain squad.

Temptation

It's not even just Gavi and Pedri causing problems for Thiago, he can't get past Koke either :lol: But sure, politics.

Also Enrique did wonders with a rather average looking Spain squad.

"Can't get past Koke" yeah because of Politics. Thanks for proving my point again. :lol:

As soon as Spain faced a team around their level, Enrique shat the bed in the Euros.

Like I said, Southgate with worse results. Not surprised though since you still blame everyone else for Busquets' shortcomings.

There's no Lewandowski in Spain to carry them to wins and taking all the blame for losses. Good luck with that. :lol:

fergus90

Southgate is levels below Enrique as a manager. The boro reject fell upwards for being a yes man. Could also say the same about his record against bigger teams, soon as we face decent opposition we lose. Only decent win was a finished Germany at Wembley.

Temptation

Southgate's selection policy is the same as Enrique except Southgate has better results with England.

Both their selections should never be used as an argument to big up any players. Gavi, Koke, Pedri starting above Thiago and Busquets starting over Rodri in 2022. Laughable.

fergus90

Doesn’t Rodri and Busquets share a lot of the minutes? For whatever reason Thiago has never been a regular under any Spain manager, even pre-Enrique.

Probably injury related more than anything though.

mc_lovin

"Can't get past Koke" yeah because of Politics. Thanks for proving my point again. :lol:

As soon as Spain faced a team around their level, Enrique shat the bed in the Euros.

Like I said, Southgate with worse results. Not surprised though since you still blame everyone else for Busquets' shortcomings.

There's no Lewandowski in Spain to carry them to wins and taking all the blame for losses. Good luck with that. :lol:

Where's the Barca connection with Koke? That's the point. Thiago, for a supposedly world-class footballer, was never once a reliable player for Spain. Nothing about politics, he couldn't establish himself in what? Like four years? Iniesta retired in 2018. The spot was up for grabs and Thiago disappointed.

To your other points:
- Yeah, Busquets has shortcomings, but also had a shit team around him. No excuses, that's the truth. This season will show where he really stands - I am not holding my breath though. He could very well be finished, but it's hard to say right now.
- Lewy was one of the more responsible players for our loss in Munich ;) VAR sucked as well.

You should focus your energy on Liverpool though. Their trajectory looks down.

Temptation

Where's the Barca connection with Koke? That's the point. Thiago, for a supposedly world-class footballer, was never once a reliable player for Spain. Nothing about politics, he couldn't establish himself in what? Like four years? Iniesta retired in 2018. The spot was up for grabs and Thiago disappointed.

To your other points:
- Yeah, Busquets has shortcomings, but also had a shit team around him. No excuses, that's the truth. This season will show where he really stands - I am not holding my breath though. He could very well be finished, but it's hard to say right now.
- Lewy was one of the more responsible players for our loss in Munich ;) VAR sucked as well.

You should focus your energy on Liverpool though. Their trajectory looks down.

Pedri himself missed 2 sitters against Bayern and had one of the worst second halves you'll see but ofcourse others will take all the blame for him. :lol:

mc_lovin

Pedri himself missed 2 sitters against Bayern and had one of the worst second halves you'll see but ofcourse others will take all the blame for him. :lol:

You don't think it's a bit more excusable for a 19 years old midfielder to miss sitters than 'all time great striker' Lewandowski? One had an amazing game apart from those sitters as well.

One is obviously more to blame. That being said, stuff like that can happen to the best of them.

Temptation

You don't think it's a bit more excusable for a 19 year old midfielder to miss sitters than 'all time great striker' Lewandowski? One had an amazing game apart from those sitters as well.

One is obviously more to blame. That being said, stuff like that can happen to the best of them.

The point is both deserved criticism but predictably only one got bashed.....:lol:

ajnotkeith

No secret that Enrique has always liked Barca or ex Barca players more than others. I mean he literally gave 2 goal a season Abel Ruiz a start recently lol.

However to be fair to him in terms of results, their squad is much worse than it's been in the past. Especially in the forward line they really lack options, whilst a team like France has Mbappe-Benzema-Dembele.

Temptation

Pedri got his fair share of criticism, but people will - rightfully - look towards Lewandowski's performance first. He was shit.

That is fine. But Lewandowski is winning Man of the Match awards in most of the games while Pedri is playing safe passes and still getting hyped as the best mid itw. :lol:

mc_lovin

No secret that Enrique has always liked Barca or ex Barca players more than others. I mean he literally gave 2 goal a season Abel Ruiz a start recently lol.

However to be fair to him in terms of results, their squad is much worse than it's been in the past.

Spain should have won the Euro.. they got extremely unlucky against Italy. Noone expected such a good run on the back of a youngster, a bunch of veterans and 5/10 players upfront at best.

Home of Barca Fans