8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Porque

Return of the backheel assists in the box. News of the Lewa signing has brought back Pedri's Backheel&Inshallah tendencies.

Andresito

Staff member
Disappointing vision from him I must say. Had a window of 4-5 seconds to play our attackers through who made great runs. Instead Pedri waited and waited until the chance was gone and played it out wide instead. Must do better as a midfield maestro.

FinBarcelonafan

Disappointing vision from him I must say. Had a window of 4-5 seconds to play our attackers through who made great runs. Instead Pedri waited and waited until the chance was gone and played it out wide instead. Must do better as a midfield maestro.

To be honest, we are playing pretty quick football. I think he will adjust but he is not used to this.

He needs to look for those through balls.

serghei

Hopefully they get in sync. It's not enough to make nice runs if midfielders take ages to release the ball.

JamDav1982

There is times he can be slow to release ball when obvious pass on.

His best moments to open up game seem to come when more off the cuff or little time to think.

That will come though.

Looked very leggy in 2nd half. Pressed a lot in first though. His pressing led to two best chances for Barca.

vegitot

It's friendly but he is too passive when it comes to receive the ball. Think he touches the ball less than striker.

Good at pressing as usual.

Hope he back to his best when the season starts.

BusiTheKing

currently being praised on reddit for a nutmeg that lost him the ball and caused a counter against us. "oh the class."

honestly like him but it fucking annoys me so much this mythification bullshit.

Gnidrologist

He was actually better than i though after watching his IHs. Offensive output was no great, but not that bad, while his pressing and ball retention was world class.

mc_lovin

The expectations are just absurdly high. There were enough critical posts about Gavi as well, but we had an excellent first half against them - so naturally our midfielders did something right. Even boogeyman Busquets.

Tchouameni in comparison had a truly bad game. But that is excused (first game for the club, we are further in pre-season etc pp).

vegitot

He looks sharper this game. Just in time when the season is near.

Still, i hope he will try to play with more guts, like Foden. You see Foden have no problem carry the ball, shoot, create all by himself.

Home of Barca Fans