8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Bobo32

No one said football is about having the best 11 ever, I just said Neymar's a better choice over Pedro in every conceivable situation possible. Neymar can do what Pedro did and more. Delusional if you think otherwise.

Doesn't it become boring for you all to call delusion, cluelessness, troll or clown everytime your opinion is questioned?
If we think differently, then I am as far from your opinion as you are from mine.

Pedro is a better presser, a more relentless and dare I say smarter runner inbehind, he plays with lower risk, is about as clinical in front of the goal, and is just overall a more loyal player whatever the coach asks of him, compared to Neymar.
In the 2011 team I prefer Pedro, not least because Messi was such a good passer and dribbler already, and Iniesta was there as well. Switch Pedro for Neymar, and the 2011 team would not have had the same control over every game as they did.

Andresito

Staff member
Doesn't it become boring for you all to call delusion, cluelessness, troll or clown everytime your opinion is questioned?
If we think differently, then I am as far from your opinion as you are from mine.

Pedro is a better presser, a more relentless and dare I say smarter runner inbehind, he plays with lower risk, is about as clinical in front of the goal, and is just overall a more loyal player whatever the coach asks of him, compared to Neymar.
In the 2011 team I prefer Pedro, not least because Messi was such a good passer and dribbler already, and Iniesta was there as well. Switch Pedro for Neymar, and the 2011 team would not have had the same control over every game as they did.

Neymar in 2015 did all those things. He completed Suarez and Messi as much as Pedro did with Villa and Messi.
Pressed like hell, made runs in behind and scored a boatload of goals.

mc_lovin

Neymar in 2015 was clean as fuck. Barely did useless stuff, overall very sharp. Fantastic in defense and smart runner off the ball. His two months in the sun (in 15/16 when Messi was injured) did him no good.

Overall Pedro is the bigger (Barcelona) legend for me though.

vegitot

According to rumor, Liverpool want to buy Pedri with 85 millions which will break their transfer record. Klopp is in love with Pedri as well.

Leave or stay???

JohnN

According to rumor, Liverpool want to buy Pedri with 85 millions which will break their transfer record. Klopp is in love with Pedri as well.

Leave or stay???

Don't need money. Need only to sell seniors. Pedri has small wages. Stay of course!

JohnN

We need money since we have 1B debt.
We are BOTH in huge debt and we have too high wages.

But we should try to keep a working young core or we will always be chasing our tails to fill in gaps with other transfers. I don't think Pedri is irreplaceable or anything, but he is ok and could prove more valuable if we keep him.

fergus90

It depends on the transfer fee. 100 mil goes along way for a club desperate for money and you’re placing the trust the coach has in Pedri in Gavi instead for example and in the meantime reinforce other areas.

fergus90

It depends on if the sports management can be trusted to use the fee wisely to reinforce the squad. And no, that's not blowing 100 mill on one player but actually be clever with scouting where you can get a few bodies in that actually strengthen the squad overall.

EDIT - of course modern Barca is an example of what NOT to do when you receive a large transfer fee but clubs in recent times e.g. Liverpool & Chelsea enjoyed European success after cashing in on a prized asset and ultimately strengthened the squad.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

In theory 222M from Neymar could've also improved the squad, a lot actually. But we all know how it ended.

I mean i'm not sure if Pedri will make it big but in general i think it's usually better to keep a good player instead of trusting the money is well invested. Also it would be a bad signal if Barca would just cash in on the most promising youngster.

FinBarcelonafan

In theory 222M from Neymar could've also improved the squad, a lot actually. But we all know how it ended.

I mean i'm not sure if Pedri will make it big but in general i think it's usually better to keep a good player instead of trusting the money is well invested. Also it would be a bad signal if Barca would just cash in on the most promising youngster.

Exactly. We got unlucky as well while Liverpool signed two of the best players in their position. That's some good luck on Liverpool.(after years of misery..)

SmilerBam

Leave or stay???

In the current market, 85 million is not a lot of money. If they plus beyond 100 million, than yeah. Of course, we have to use that money wisely, which is a big IF.

Home of Barca Fans