8 - Pedro Gonzalez "Pedri"

Rassvet

young technical players are often overhyped. Pedri will probably end up around the Isco to David Silva bracket at best but never be a top 5-10 player in the world

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Skimmed that video and it seemed like a piss poor video tbh, and the comparisons to Xavi or Iniesta are still just as piss poor.
Pedri is playing very much unalike Di Maria now, too, but that is because he is so extremely fatigued and can't seem to run at all. He is still a bit alike him in what he sees (both him and Di Maria see quite a lot, although not close to as much as Xavi or Iniesta) but he is too tired or afraid to try a forward pass most of the time, so he is mostly just content with playing backwards or to the closest one sideways. As he is so young he is very much praised for it.

He is not "too tired", that's just how he plays. His body language is laid back on the pitch, not as intense as Puig's 100km/hour frenzy. But you don't get it :lol:

Bobo32

He is not "too tired", that's just how he plays. His body language is laid back on the pitch, not as intense as Puig's 100km/hour frenzy. But you don't get it :lol:

No I quite like Pedri tbh, but I disagree with some of the most intense hype and I thought the video was shit - I watched some more of it now - mostly prematurely cut sequences showing him being able of dragging the ball behind his leg or passing behind a player etc. I think I'd prefer a Puig highlight video from last season, with 1/10th of the playing time to get clips from...

I think I am in the top 10 of people who like players to be very careful, patient, and safe in their decisions - but even for me, Pedri is a bit too careful a lot of the time. I think he misses a lot of opportunities. He still sees a lot and can find one or two good passes in a game, but I don't like his back passes without checking and I don't like his constant jogging.
I think he'd be almost hated here if his passport said he was 26 instead of 18 and played like this - let's see what happens when he is 26.

kattanib

young technical players are often overhyped. Pedri will probably end up around the Isco to David Silva bracket at best but never be a top 5-10 player in the world

You casually mention Silva there as if he is a shit player. We can only dream that Pedri can reach that level as Silva is one of the best in the game at his position

Rassvet

You casually mention Silva there as if he is a shit player. We can only dream that Pedri can reach that level as Silva is one of the best in the game at his position

I wasn't implying Silva is shit. He was one of the best AMs in the world for a numbes of years but he wasn't a player that would transform or carry a team.

Kul_z

I wasn't implying Silva is shit. He was one of the best AMs in the world for a numbes of years but he wasn't a player that would transform or carry a team.

We need a unit not a one player standing out and pulling us forward. We have messi for that and after he leaves we should go back to collective team play, the way we became recognizable. Pedri should do just fine.

vegitot

Honestly even GOAT midfielders like Xavi or Iniesta weren't really type of carrying the team like Messi.

vegitot

The ceiling for a player with Pedri's physical attributes is probably somewhat limited based on my experience

Agree with his current physical attributes but he is just 18 and plays at incredible rate. Compare to last season his physique is already better.
He is already very techinical gifted and very tactically good player too.

SmilerBam

I agree. He is so overrated it's laughable. Then again, if he achieves David Silva's level, i ll be very happy. He was class.

fergus90

I think he's shown great promise and is very talented but of course, he's only 18 so realistically he's got a lot to improve on and like anyone his age, will have good games and bad games.

All young players are overhyped, that is true but that's always been the case. Football's always craving its next superstar to talk about. Now more than ever with Messi and Ronaldo in their twilight years.

Porque

I agree. He is so overrated it's laughable. Then again, if he achieves David Silva's level, i ll be very happy. He was class.

Overrated to what extent? On this forum?

Because in the past 12 months he has been starting midfielder at Barcelona, Spain and now Spain Olympic.

LE had him ahead of Thiago, Fabian Ruiz which is impressive

Home of Barca Fans