7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

George_Costanza

I can't believe anyone still blaming the coach for his form.
Players need to held accountable, Coutinho had the worst dip in form of all team members, he played in his position and team tried to adapt and support as much as they can.
Players don't lose ability to dribble, shoot, or pass just because of coach. A player like that is a one of weak mentality and means he need to leave too.
We have seen plenty of mediocre coaches, but class player still show their class under them.
I don't know what is his problem, but if I've to bet I would say it is an off the pitch problem. But damage is already done and need to sell.
We barely seen any Barca player to rebound from such bad year early in his Barca career. We could lose huge amount of money if we keep him and he continue his form.

Ok so you agree he sucks, we all agree he sucks, even the monks in the Shaolin Monastery agree he sucks, but still starts in most important games. Who should be held accountable for this?

khaled_a_d

Ok so you agree he sucks, we all agree he sucks, even the monks in the Shaolin Monastery agree he sucks, but still starts in most important games. Who should be held accountable for this?

I've blamed EV for Coutinho signing here since almost October. And not many actually agree he sucks.
And who to blame? coach obviously, but also the lack of alternatives.
Dembele benched Coutinho when he was good, he then sucked. We left with Malcom who sucks half of the time, and with playing 4 midfielders which seems a receipt for receiving a remontada

George_Costanza

I've blamed EV for Coutinho signing here since almost October. And not many actually agree he sucks.
And who to blame? coach obviously, but also the lack of alternatives.
Dembele benched Coutinho when he was good, he then sucked. We left with Malcom who sucks half of the time, and with playing 4 midfielders which seems a receipt for receiving a remontada

First, signing Coutinho was on Barto, not EV. EV talent acquisition is very limited to La Liga teams, or maybe teams that we have faced before.

Second, Malcom is a good player who was mistreated. Now, I don't say he plays well in every game, but when he does, his reward is the bench in the next dozen games. So why blame a player who is lacking match rhythm? We do have a good depth this season but that depth was mismanaged by the manager who kept playing certain players no matter how bad they performed, hence people here would blame Valverde.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
If there is one thing Valverde is not guilty for is Coutinho's form... He gave him every single chance to get rhythm and synergy with the team, and the brazilian being the weakest mental midget in the club dug his own grave by being both an immature brat and a poor excuse of a professional...

Ken_rosseneri

Valverde definitely has a role to play in Coutinho’s form..
#1 his natural position is not a winger.. he’s naturally a midfielder.. I’ve not seen more than 3 games of coutinho in midfield.. I don’t understand why he doesn’t play him in midfield.. coutinho is definitely a fast player to play in the midfield and that’s what we want

Fire Valverde NOW!! I don’t even wanna see his face

Tekkers

the sevilla game happened where he turned the ball over in the midfield trying to be cute and let them go 2-0 up.

he's not a midfielder and he needs to find another club this summer.

underoath

Banned
#1 his natural position is not a winger.. he’s naturally a midfielder.. I’ve not seen more than 3 games of coutinho in midfield.. I don’t understand why he doesn’t play him in midfield.. coutinho is definitely a fast player to play in the midfield and that’s what we want

Because Valverde chooses to put Rakitic and Busi combination. Now multiple players need to share the remaining spot

MTL_Barca

Balance reasons :valverde:

But i don't think it's as simple as putting Coutinho 10m the right and to the back. How many times does he just run straight into defenders? Shoot without any chance of scoring? Not working in defense? Jogging around unmotivated? These won't be solved by simply putting him in the center.

I do agree that Coutinho probably needs another coach, but not just for a different formation / style of football but also as a personality. Maybe he needs a passionate coach that can motivate players and knows how to handle more sensible players. It's hard to judge that from outside but just from interviews, how he's standing at the sideline etc Valverde seems like the most boring man on earth.

But there is no gurantee even with a new coach. Barca will have other good midfielders and Coutinho will still have to improve in every aspect, if centrally he has to adapt playing next to Messi and foremost he will still have to deal with the pressure of his insanely high fee and expectations coming with it. Also doesn't help that a lot of fans are so against him at this point.

I think it's almost too late now. For many people Coutinho already failed at Barcelona, he would've needed another coach from the start not after a mediocre season like this. I think the board will sell him if they receive a good offer to fund new players and give the fans what they want.

booge

don't understand why people keep calling him a good player.
he hardly goes over to his left side for a shot, he always wants to cut in.

i mean how shit can you get as a footballer for the modern era. this is like a player from the 60's . sell the cunt or build a time machine and send him back to the 60's where his tactic might work

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

i mean how shit can you get as a footballer for the modern era. this is like a player from the 60's . sell the cunt or build a time machine and send him back to the 60's where his tactic might work

Or send him back to Espanyol, he was a perico first after all... His mediocrity would fit like a glove there...

weloveyuner

I don't understand why Valverde won't play him in midfield. He is, after all, a midfielder. That being said, he doesn't look properly motivated out there. He did absolutely nothing in the second leg. I mean, he was playing against his former club in the biggest game of the season.

Zidane82

He’s right footed. .. he was doing great for a while (before the injury ) cutting in and hitting absolute screamers ..

Valverde has broke his confidence

Iarwain

He did absolutely nothing in the second leg. I mean, he was playing against his former club in the biggest game of the season.

He did nothing in the first leg too.

He doesn't have a mental fortitude to succeed at a club of this caliber. It's obviously clear he mentally succumbed after the first sign of serious criticism, it got to his head and you could see he was not comfortable anymore.

Home of Barca Fans