7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Givenchy

------------MATS-------------
Semedo-Pique---Umtiti-Alba
-----------Busquets----------
----Roberto-----Coutinho----
Dembele--Messi--Suarez----

Fuck yes.

what a fucking lineup we have, Alena to make the step up as well. MaTS is top 3 GK this season, Alba is back in form, Umtiti is the best CB in the world and Semedo is improving. Bob gets his shot in midfield and we got Dempele back! I think Coutinho could bring zombie Suarez back to life

JamDav1982

When Iniesta is fit his top level is still better, he is an all time great. It's just hard to get a full 90 minutes from him. Coutinho will be a good successor hopefully and give him plenty rest though.

He isnt Coutinho is the better player now.

Iniesta can still have good games and moments but he is nowhere near the player he was.

Albo

On his way to Barcelona

47D0B3D800000578-5241359-image-a-7_1515258370062.jpg

"Man finally happy again after being released from 6 months of captivity."

Thiago10

I've been a long time lurker on these forums. I'm a Liverpool fan but have always enjoyed reading these forums as Barca are a club that I, like every football fan admire, and these forums are great with views on football around Europe and South America.

Coutinho is going to be a fantastic player for you. He is an outstanding world class talent who I believe isn't near his peak. He has world class abilities as both a midfielder and attacker. Many flair players are very passive and lack drive. Coutinho is most certainly not one of them. Although he is a quiet lad he is extremely driven on the a football pitch and doesn't hide when things are going tough. If you want him to play a discipline role then he will perform it brilliantly but to truly utilise his genius you must let him express himself. I see him being a world class attacking player playing as the most advanced midfielder for the next few years, where he will win games by moments of genius.

His passing I believe on this forum is criminally underrated. He has every single type of pass in his locker. He will score in Champions League finals for Barcelona. As he ages he will drop deeper into midfield where he will be reinvented as one of the best midfielders in the world who will run games from the start to finish. He has already been running games for Liverpool. For years we have been a club with very little success, but it is a club of big profile with large media attention. I think any player who is the vocal point for Liverpool has the required character to play for Barcelona, with the expectations for trophies.

The whole transfer saga has been disappointing from him though. The fans sing his song every week, but I do not think that he would have done it for any other club but Barca. I don't think it's in Coutinho's character to refuse to play etc. like he has done, but in the strong position that we are in financially, it was probably the only feasible way he could have forced the transfer. We get a great fee for a great player, and will make tremendous profit. I think the panic and some outrage from Liverpool fans is also down to the fact that we have failed time and time again to replace our players like Luis. We Liverpool fans all love Suarez, he didn't strike like Coutinho so will probably always be loved a little more, but some idiots aside most Liverpool fans will eventually reflect and remember the magician as a true genius and grow to love but not adore him again.

It would have been nice for him to finish the season and help us progress as far as possible in the Champions League and place high in the league but I get why he'd want to force it through now. It's annoying how Liverpool always seem on the cusp of something good only to a lose a player. Our signings have been good under Klopp though, and the squad is quite strong now unlike other years. The fans who say he isn't our best player are talking out of their ass. He has genius no other player can and is our best. The best ever Brazilian in the Prem.

I love you

Centauri B

When Iniesta is fit his top level is still better, he is an all time great. It's just hard to get a full 90 minutes from him. Coutinho will be a good successor hopefully and give him plenty rest though.

Iniesta at 24-29 was better than Coutinho. But now? Forget about it, not even a contest.

Stoichkov1

I've been a long time lurker on these forums. I'm a Liverpool fan but have always enjoyed reading these forums as Barca are a club that I, like every football fan admire, and these forums are great with views on football around Europe and South America.

Coutinho is going to be a fantastic player for you. He is an outstanding world class talent who I believe isn't near his peak. He has world class abilities as both a midfielder and attacker. Many flair players are very passive and lack drive. Coutinho is most certainly not one of them. Although he is a quiet lad he is extremely driven on the a football pitch and doesn't hide when things are going tough. If you want him to play a discipline role then he will perform it brilliantly but to truly utilise his genius you must let him express himself. I see him being a world class attacking player playing as the most advanced midfielder for the next few years, where he will win games by moments of genius.

His passing I believe on this forum is criminally underrated. He has every single type of pass in his locker. He will score in Champions League finals for Barcelona. As he ages he will drop deeper into midfield where he will be reinvented as one of the best midfielders in the world who will run games from the start to finish. He has already been running games for Liverpool. For years we have been a club with very little success, but it is a club of big profile with large media attention. I think any player who is the vocal point for Liverpool has the required character to play for Barcelona, with the expectations for trophies.

The whole transfer saga has been disappointing from him though. The fans sing his song every week, but I do not think that he would have done it for any other club but Barca. I don't think it's in Coutinho's character to refuse to play etc. like he has done, but in the strong position that we are in financially, it was probably the only feasible way he could have forced the transfer. We get a great fee for a great player, and will make tremendous profit. I think the panic and some outrage from Liverpool fans is also down to the fact that we have failed time and time again to replace our players like Luis. We Liverpool fans all love Suarez, he didn't strike like Coutinho so will probably always be loved a little more, but some idiots aside most Liverpool fans will eventually reflect and remember the magician as a true genius and grow to love but not adore him again.

It would have been nice for him to finish the season and help us progress as far as possible in the Champions League and place high in the league but I get why he'd want to force it through now. It's annoying how Liverpool always seem on the cusp of something good only to a lose a player. Our signings have been good under Klopp though, and the squad is quite strong now unlike other years. The fans who say he isn't our best player are talking out of their ass. He has genius no other player can and is our best. The best ever Brazilian in the Prem.

I wish I was as sensible as you, honestly when I knew Neymar was going to leave I hated him and still now I hope he flops at PSG.

Thiago10

I don't think we'll see another midfielder like Iniesta in his prime for the coming 10-20 years, but Coutinho is undeniably way better than Iniesta is today.

El Flaco

Welcome to BarcaForum and :goodpost:

Great to see a reasonable Liverpool-fan regarding this Coutinho saga :)

I really hope you guys can still finish top 4 in EPL despite the loss of the Brazilian.

Devils

A player of Coutinho's quality would be a big loss to just about anyone.

But you guys have signed VVD, Keita and will possibly even get Lamar and still have a lot of money in addition to that.

I think you guys will be able to transition very quickly in the near future with the quality you are bringing in.

Home of Barca Fans