7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

perrychan915

I hope that is it, because they are on their way to bottle it, so he can become great for us any minute now! :coffee:

Are you trolling? Modric was voted Reals worst buy 1/2 a season in. Let's not rule him out before he has had some success here, and still dips back into invisibility.
I'd say he needs 3 games in a row with goals or assists, if he still performs below-par after that, then we can worry.

He has been performing only half function of what he had in Liverpool and national team , Liverpool and Brazil coach know how to use his talent and skill , now the problem is down to the coach , if Coutinho want to save his career , he must leave Barcelona or go back to Liverpool .

perrychan915

He has been performing only the half function of what he was in Liverpool and national team , their coaches know how to use his talent and skill , now the problem is down to the coach , if Coutinho want to save his career , he must leave Barcelona or go back to Liverpool .

Judoman

Watching yesterdays Tadic performance i thought of Coutinho. As Cou, Tadic is also AM, but they play him as striker in Ajax and it obviously works great.

I think this is something Valverde should consider trying. If it works it solves 2 mayor problems. Coutinho s uneffectiveness and the striker issue for the future.

I m not sure if Messi could adapt to this tactic, but i m sure it would make him (even)more dangerous.

FinBarcelonafan

Watching yesterdays Tadic performance i thought of Coutinho. As Cou, Tadic is also AM, but they play him as striker in Ajax and it obviously works great.

I think this is something Valverde should consider trying. If it works it solves 2 mayor problems. Coutinho s uneffectiveness and the striker issue for the future.

I m not sure if Messi could adapt to this tactic, but i m sure it would make him (even)more dangerous.

Coutinho is way too weak and slow to be a striker.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything

anyone else want to try for most retarded suggestion? AM or CM is the only position he should play. If he doesnt fit or isn't good enough then we need to consider our options.

ps I'd rather play pique striker.

Last edited:

Judoman

anyone else want to try for most retarded suggestion? AM or CM is the only position he should play. If he doesnt fit or isn't good enough then we need to consider our options.

ps I'd rather play pique striker.

It s certainly less retarted than your last remark. So...you win,congrats.

Coutinho is way too weak and slow to be a striker.

Weak? Possibly, but Messi played as a forward and he is no Hercules. Slow? He is not slower than Tadic.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
It s certainly less retarted than your last remark. So...you win,congrats.

'retarted'? are we talking about a retort stand or someone's intellectual ability? :lol:
It seems comprehension isn't your strong suit, neither is your ability to detect satire.

Judoman

'retarted'? are we talking about a retort stand or someone's intellectual ability? :lol:
It seems comprehension isn't your strong suit, neither is your ability to detect satire.

Ah yes, making fun of typos and mistaking it for incomprehension.

The sign of a true intellectual giant.

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Ah yes, making fun of typos and mistaking it for incomprehension.

The sign of a true intellectual giant.

Ah yes the Classic 'typo'. I do always get my t's and d's mixed up.

As for the comprehension comment it wasn't in relation to the typo but the understanding the of whole discussion centered around Coutinho in this thread. Obviously if you had followed and understood (for at least a couple of pages) the discussion so far you wouldn't have made such a ludicrous suggestion.

Judoman

Ah yes the Classic 'typo'. I do always get my t's and d's mixed up.

As for the comprehension comment it wasn't in relation to the typo but the understanding the of whole discussion centered around Coutinho in this thread. Obviously if you had followed and understood (for at least a couple of pages) the discussion so far you wouldn't have made such a ludicrous suggestion.

Ok genius. Explain to this commoner, why is it so "ludicrous"? What does Tadic have, that Coutinho doesn t? Why is Tadic able to make those deep runs and score and why would that be an obvious problem for Coutinho?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Ok genius. Explain to this commoner, why is it so "ludicrous"? What does Tadic have, that Coutinho doesn t? Why is Tadic able to make those deep runs and score and why would that be an obvious problem for Coutinho?

Because he's fairly slow, weak, has shitty work rate and shitty stamina
Leaves us defensively vulnerable
He most definitely is not clinical enough
Fairly one dimensional in relation to his shooting and 'skill moves'
Makes poor choices (currently)
doesn't have a x-factor compared to other options.
Will attempt to occupy the same space as Messi.

Obviously its more nuanced than that (have to consider the line up etc)

If you were to suggest we should play him at AM when we rest Messi i would of agreed with you as i think he can potentially do well there (if he gets his shit together).

Last edited:

Judoman

Because he's fairly slow, weak, has shitty work rate and shitty stamina
Leaves us defensively vulnerable
He most definitely is not clinical enough
Fairly one dimensional in relation to his shooting and 'skill moves'
Makes poor choices (currently)
doesn't have a x-factor compared to other options.
Will attempt to occupy the same space as Messi.

Obviously its more nuanced than that (have to consider the line up etc)

If you were to suggest we should play him at AM when we rest Messi i would of agreed with you as i think he can potentially do well there (if he gets his shit together).

Eh. Tadic is not faster nor stronger (he is taller) nor more durable. Tadic has weaker finishing and weaker long shots. He has a bit better passing, i think. That s it. Yet he has 26 goals and 15 assists so far this season and as far as i know has never played as a striker.

The fact is, Tadic is a player of similar profile to Coutinho. Just not as good and that s why i mentioned this, or perhaps you feel that if you switch Coutinho for Tadic, Cou would be less effective?

I could understand some sort of tactical obstacle i m not seeing right now. Ajax does play counter attack, high pressing game, which is different from Barca stile. Having him play as a deep fw and making runs from deep would play to his strengths.

Suarez needs to be rested. Having him play all games is suicidal, while our 100+ mil player sits on the bench. I don t see how trying some new tactical options in lesser la liga games is a problem.

Home of Barca Fans