7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Messigician

EV's fault not Couthino's fault, it's so obvious, I wonder how you can't see it.

Rubbish absolute rubbish! Dembele is flourishing under the same system. Is it EV'S fault That the world's 3rd most expensive footballer cant even retain possession?

And you lot want him to play in CM? are you mad?

Respekt_III

Anti-everything
Rubbish absolute rubbish! Dembele is flourishing under the same system. Is it EV'S fault That the world's 3rd most expensive footballer cant even retain possession?

I think he may have been sarcastic?

Was always against his signing from the very first moment i heard of it. Unfortunately a lot of my concerns regarding Coutinho have come to fruition.

We paid an absolutely stupid Fee for an inconsistent player that doesn't even really fit our system, We've paid an equally stupid fee for De Jong but at least you just know that he'd fit right in to our team with little to no issues.

Last edited:

MagIX

My post was with IRONIC MODE: ON

vlad

and we were thinking how depart of coutinho would destabilize liverpool, its not the case obviously, liverpool sits on top of the table in PL and played cl final without him

Messi983

I'm really starting to believe in #7 curse. Sell Denis ASAP, give Coutinho #6 and never give any player #7 shirt again.

Pepsbarca

For Liverpool, Coutinho was always really inconsistent especially when just coming back from injury. It took him a while to get up to speed and back playing to the level he was capable. The one thing he had going for him at Liverpool was that he was always 1st choice so was able to play his way back into form. At Barcelona he's got quite a bit more competition so he's not getting the consistent match time he needs. It's possible that he'll get more consistent match time with Dembele now injured so he can regain that consistency and get back to his best.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
He's a quiet type that quietly enjoys having attention. He craves the role where he's looked at as the guy that serves up some nice dribble from deep, cracking shots from distance and free kick bangers. That's what he was used to. Now he's in a team where Messi is doing the first, Dembele is doing the 2nd and Messi-Suarez are doing the last. 3 major pieces of his game gone. And nobody cares about his previous rep, because he's just a cog that's meant to help reach higher purpose. So he's the one that needs to give it up and play deep. Both Isco and James did so at different stages of their careers in Madrid. Isco actually did it with a lot of success in 2014 too. James not so much, hence he left when it was clear there's no ideal spot for him in a 4-3-3 with either Real A or Real B. And then Isco got in through the introduction of diamond by ZZ. And now it's obsolete as we have a gaping hole at LB.

Nah man, in a 3 man midfield it's Vidal/Raki-Busquets-Arthur/Coutinho. Alena ironically looks more flexible and can play either side of a DM with different responsibilities. Ironically De Jong will slot in Vidal/Raki spot and you still will need a new DM next to him.

Now, if you wanted a 4-2-3-1 with an attacking mid, you need a DEEP deep midfielder who will do a lot of defense, an Alonso, a Martinez, a Fernandinho and you need another pivot, ideally an aggressor i.e. Vidal, Khedira, even Paulinho would do lol. But no room and no advantage for Alena or Arthur here.
But 4-2-3-1 really annoyingly gets in the way of Messi's favourite channels. It actually gets in the way of any winger who likes to cut in. Look what happened to Muller, a second striker by nature and James at Bayern with Robben and Ribbery. Isco almost always had to play winger role. You can scarcely see a time over the last 10 years where you used this formation. No personnel. And now you inexplicably bought an AM for a 4-3-3 and he doesn't like it.

He's got to let go and play deeper if he wants to stay.

E: Actually caveat - he needs to play deeper if he wants to play. And he would probably displace Arthur in most big games, but could play alongside against poorer teams. Still with same duties.

Long term 4-2-3-1 is possible if Suarez is let go and Messi is moved to #9 for the benefit of the rest of the guys so it's not like Cou has to give up all of his finesse and cravings for goals.

Im not saying play that lineup in the upcoming CL match , that would be stupid. But rather that it should have been atleast tried in the beginning of the season or it can still be tried against a weaker la liga side in the Camp Nou and we can go from there.

Givenchy

depending on the size of Barto's balls; sell Coutinho for 100mil to Chelsea, Sell Rakitic, Denis and Rafinha for whatever. buy De Ligt, a backup striker, backup LB and we are good for another season

Vidal deserves to stay another season and we can work on fazing Busi out the starting 11. Pique is done so a new CB is a must. i think our midfield would be fine as Alena, Busi, Oriol, Frenkie, Arthur and Vidal, with Puig potentially making the step up and Bob filling in when needed

Last edited:

Jombi

depending on the size of Barto's balls; sell Coutinho for 100mil to Chelsea, Sell Rakitic, Denis and Rafinha for whatever. buy De Ligt, a backup striker, backup LB and we are good for another season

Vidal deserves to stay another season and we can work on fazing Busi out the starting 11. Pique is done so a new CB is a must. i think our midfield would be fine as Alena, Busi, Oriol, Frenkie, Arthur and Vidal, with Puig potentially making the step up and Bob filling in when needed

who is replacing Coutinho? We need more than one player who can play as left forward.

Givenchy

who is replacing Coutinho? We need more than one player who can play as left forward.

i'd go for a cheaper option but an actual winger with pace who doesn't mind being backup to Dembele. assuming Messi will play RW, Suarez ST and Dembele LW

Jombi

i'd go for a cheaper option but an actual winger with pace who doesn't mind being backup to Dembele. assuming Messi will play RW, Suarez ST and Dembele LW

I think we need a lot of players in the summer. Perhaps 6 signings. At least 5 if we sell Coutinho. I am not a fan of wingers and prefer if we sign forwards instead.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans