7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Think he had another frustrating game. Also, for the role he is playing, he can’t be losing that many balls when we come up against a decent side.

Nothanks

what match were you watching, his through balls were amazing as a CM he played wonderfully at carrying the ball and providing balls in space
as a striker sure he didn't do great but its a good thing he isn't a striker

ask yourself when was the last time someone in our team provided more than 2 throughballs in one game other than messi...
he takes creative burdens off messi which is a huge upgrade in my book.

Kul_z

Oh god, this guy with messi on 2m square is divine. They need to be close to each other because the amount of tech and magic is damn too high.

BerkeleyBernie

what match were you watching, his through balls were amazing as a CM he played wonderfully at carrying the ball and providing balls in space
as a striker sure he didn't do great but its a good thing he isn't a striker

ask yourself when was the last time someone in our team provided more than 2 throughballs in one game other than messi...
he takes creative burdens off messi which is a huge upgrade in my book.

Yep. Just like Messi, I don't mind him losing a few balls when trying to create something approaching the box.

ASordidGod

Liking him a lot more as a cm. Think he can improve there still and become maybe even up there with the best in the world, whereas as a LW he's good, but too slow and predictable too be great imo.

xXKonan

Give him a run of games at CM and he will get better and better.

In a role in a 4-3-3 as a the CAM he will be good IMO. Yeah he's not a pure CM like Iniesta was but given more time there he will keep adapting there. I feel out of all the #10's we had in the past couple of seasons I have a feeling he will be the guy that can make the transition deeper because of the sheer quality he has.

Home of Barca Fans