7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Givenchy

Messi level stuff. he was carrying us and for the first time since the GOAT i was just begging the players to give it to Philip

ASordidGod

No is a better player and better team player.

Hazard downs tools too often and needs to be main man in the team.

Coutinho is the better and more versatile player.

I hope Real get Hazard.

I assume by "downing tools" you mean when he fell out with Mourinho? In which case it happened once, and while inexcusable, I can kind of sympathise considering what a prick Mourinho is; would you want to play for him as an attacking player? Plus I'm not sure about this idea of him needing to be the main man? I've seen/heard nothing to support that. Maybe he's not got the absolute killer instinct, but technically he's just slightly below Messi and Neymar, which means well above Coutinho, plus he's faster, better touch, better dribbler (by far), carries the ball much better, loses it a lot less carelessly, almost never in fact without being fouled, and just all in all is the better footballer. But that's just my opinion.

JamDav1982

I assume by "downing tools" you mean when he fell out with Mourinho? In which case it happened once, and while inexcusable, I can kind of sympathise considering what a prick Mourinho is; would you want to play for him as an attacking player? Plus I'm not sure about this idea of him needing to be the main man? I've seen/heard nothing to support that. Maybe he's not got the absolute killer instinct, but technically he's just slightly below Messi and Neymar, which means well above Coutinho, plus he's faster, better touch, better dribbler (by far), carries the ball much better, loses it a lot less carelessly, almost never in fact without being fouled, and just all in all is the better footballer. But that's just my opinion.

This season as well. Have watched plenty games he doesnt look interested and seemingly wants Conte gone now again.

For me would never take him at a club where he has to be part of system for another player.

Dont think any of the top teams would take Hazard over Coutinho.

ASordidGod

This season as well. Have watched plenty games he doesnt look interested and seemingly wants Conte gone now again.

For me would never take him at a club where he has to be part of system for another player.

Dont think any of the top teams would take Hazard over Coutinho.

Ha, ha, okay, well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Particularly with that last comment. And I know this doesn't mean anything, especially considering their natural bias, but I remember on RedCafe before we signed Coutinho the general consensus was disbelief that we were going to pay so much for just a very good player, rather than one undeniably amongst the best in the world. Honestly don't think people who aren't Barca fans would rate Coutinho above Hazard, but rather below someone like De Bruyne and possibly Isco, and equivalent with your Eriksens and Pogbas, etc; so very good, but not top ten or whatever, which for me Hazard absolutely is. Ps - for Conte see Mourinho re negative football. Though I don't believe Hazard's been downing tools at all this season; the opposite in fact. He's been Chelsea's only consistently good performer.

M

MessiCam

Coutinho was fantastic today but was let down by a poor midfield.

Hazard vs Coutinho for Barça... I’ll have Coutinho thanks.

JamDav1982

Ha, ha, okay, well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Particularly with that last comment. And I know this doesn't mean anything, especially considering their natural bias, but I remember on RedCafe before we signed Coutinho the general consensus was disbelief that we were going to pay so much for just a very good player, rather than one undeniably amongst the best in the world. Honestly don't think people who aren't Barca fans would rate Coutinho above Hazard, but rather below someone like De Bruyne and possibly Isco, and equivalent with your Eriksens and Pogbas, etc; so very good, but not top ten or whatever, which for me Hazard absolutely is. Ps - for Conte see Mourinho re negative football. Though I don't believe Hazard's been downing tools at all this season; the opposite in fact. He's been Chelsea's only consistently good performer.

Redcafe talking about a Liverpool player....and can remember most were delighted he went but probably pissed of Liverpool were getting such a fee and still had good players.

Hazard has looked sulky and uninterested this season at times.

Coutinho is better player than Isco...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Many of his best actions were closer to the interior, creating centrally. I get that he isn't a particularly great fit at either LW or LCM as of now but I think the best case for us AND him is to try to adapt him to the midfield role. We need someone there who can create, it's much easier to teach Coutinho how to build up in possession and play with "la pausa" than it is to force him into a wide role and then be stuck with the same problems in midfield AGAIN next season.

ASordidGod

Redcafe talking about a Liverpool player....and can remember most were delighted he went but probably pissed of Liverpool were getting such a fee and still had good players.

Hazard has looked sulky and uninterested this season at times.

Coutinho is better player than Isco...

Coutinho versus Isco? No loads in it admittedly, but I'd take Isco for sure. Just a preference. Keeps the ball so much more consistently. With Coutinho I'm never quite sure if he's going to do something productive, or cede possession really cheaply. Hopefully he can improve that side of his game though. Because his right foot when he cuts in is a real attribute.

JamDav1982

Coutinho versus Isco? No loads in it admittedly, but I'd take Isco for sure. Just a preference. Keeps the ball so much more consistently. With Coutinho I'm never quite sure if he's going to do something productive, or cede possession really cheaply. Hopefully he can improve that side of his game though. Because his right foot when he cuts in is a real attribute.

No chance is Isco a better player than Coutinho.

Home of Barca Fans