7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

jamrock

In Barca 433, no any 433 there is no real attacking Midfielder, one is more attacking yes, but in order to succeed you need a base of a CM in you to do it best.

Even KB as had to learn to curtail is AM instincts under pep and that too a full season, coutinho will need a similar about of time, then he will be epic.

kDb was a winger who turn a "am" in a 433 didnt adapt fully but you could see he had what it takes, coutinho is the exact same thing.

JamDav1982

In Barca 433, no any 433 there is no real attacking Midfielder, one is more attacking yes, but in order to succeed you need a base of a CM in you to do it best.

Even KB as had to learn to curtail is AM instincts under pep and that too a full season, coutinho will need a similar about of time, then he will be epic.

kDb was a winger who turn a "am" in a 433 didnt adapt fully but you could see he had what it takes, coutinho is the exact same thing.

KDB plays a different role for City.

It is more or less a free role in midfield than anything.

Coutinho could play as the most attacking mid in a three no problem or even deeper and more controlled if that is what Valverde wants.

M

MessiCam

Just because he can play in midfield doesn’t mean he should. When he played in midfield for Liverpool he played very high up the pitch. Almost playing as a fourth attacker.

I prefer him as a wing but if he is to play in midfield he’d have to curve his attacking instincts somewhat.

JamDav1982

Just because he can play in midfield doesn’t mean he should. When he played in midfield for Liverpool he played very high up the pitch. Almost playing as a fourth attacker.

I prefer him as a wing but if he is to play in midfield he’d have to curve his attacking instincts somewhat.

He played in a number of positions and also played deeper at times.

Posted it before but go watch him vs West Ham at end of last season. He ran the game from CM.

Xavi and Iniesta attacked plenty enough when they played CM as well. It is an element of the position.

M

MessiCam

He played in a number of positions and also played deeper at times.

Posted it before but go watch him vs West Ham at end of last season. He ran the game from CM.

Xavi and Iniesta attacked plenty enough when they played CM as well. It is an element of the position.

I’m not saying that they didn’t but Coutinho is a far more attacking player than the both of them. It’s his nature.

JamDav1982

I’m not saying that they didn’t but Coutinho is a far more attacking player than the both of them. It’s his nature.

He has been but has shown he is versatile and can adapt easily to a number of different roles.

Not some player that his attacking instincts take over and he cant help it. He is a very intelligent player and can adapt fairly easily for what he has show so far.

Truthist

Where he gon play then? He’s clearly not a midfielder...

On the left? I assume they must have seen him play so that's why we paid over the odds for his services. Otherwise it's baffling to pay so much and curb his play him in a position which does not suit him.

Last edited:

Truthist

i watched him against West Ham and he was pure class but now we seem to be playing him on the right which is baffling to me. Whenever he cuts in he has Messi in the way. To me, it's clear, it has to be either him or Iniesta but not both. We are tactically all over the place otherwise.

pregra

Shocking first half,like the rest of the team. Coutinho looks like a 10 year old out there, so so weak. Looses the ball 9/10 each times.

CatalinR10

tenor.gif

Home of Barca Fans