7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

Zincubus

Banned
Of course it has meaning.

Do you really think Dembele would have cost you £130 million if PSG hadn't been putting figures of 160+ around for Mbappe? Saying the market was normal this season is just wrong, it wasn't, it was over inflated and everybody knows it.

Look at all the transfer records, they go up in increments throughout history, PSG just came in and paid double the last record. DOUBLE.

Dembele is flat out not worth what you paid, nor is Mbappe worth 180m. PSG paid that amount & for Neymar because effectively money is worthless to them since they have so much, clubs who actually are trying to balance there books (Madrid, Man United, Barcelona) won't spent 350m on two ***UNPROVEN*** players because it makes no financial sense in the present time.

If you really think any board of a football club would take a gamble on 1st in the league over a guaranteed 2nd in the league +200m, I can't help you.

Interesting , wonder how much we will pay for Coutinho in January :)

Mesimenia

Was actually talking about the fans. And to emphasize my point, Ronaldo is still a hero and respected at Old Trafford, Suarez is not talked about in a good light any more from Liverpool fans, same with Rodgers.

Suarez is one of the Legend for Liverppol along with Xabi Alonso. they adore Monster Mash. they always blame Roy Hodson for Mash departure. they always adore Luis's fighting spirit. LFC as club is in big trouble when they whole heartedly supported Luis Suarez after raciasm row started by Patrice Evra & Alex Ferguson. every players wear luis suarez t shirt which was heavily criticized by Man U loving media. even after suspension is served LFC didn't agree that Luis was racist. every fans of LFC is supported Luis switch from LFC to Barcelona. for every LFC fans, Barca is second club. they even wrote to UEFA to give Ballon de Or to Luis rather than Ronaldo. even Luis visited LFC training ground after his move to Barca.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Damn Ferguson & Evra, so rude of them to start a row after Suarez called Evra a N*****, shame on them!

Ferguson didnt seem to be so bothered about racism when Peter Schmeicel was at it.

You lied anyway. Suarez never called him that.

Last edited:

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This is why they are hated in England. No class whatsoever, their lack of success has given them this really unappealing sense of desperation. They never seem to acknowledge that Liverpool is no where near the #1 club destination in the world, let alone England, (or even the North of England), and so always look at players leaving as some great betrayal. Wait until Klopp fails to make champions league, the Liverpool fans will turn on him within the space of a single newspaper headline. They demand loyalty when they show none whatsoever themselves, Ronaldo is still a king @ Old Trafford, when do you see non scouse players talking about Liverpool like Henry does for Arsenal, or Ronaldo for United, Drogba for Chelsea etc. Nasty club with nasty fans

Luis Suarez for one you stupid fuckwit.

Jenks

Yea he definitely has no reason not to. Nothing happened this summer and he is a robot.

This is a guy that waited until the back end of the transfer market to even put a transfer request in because he respects the club. You really think he's going to down tools now, destroy his relationship with the club and the fans and endure a year of abuse and media hounding, in a World Cup year? For what? This will be forgotten about by November once he's scored a couple of screamers.

Julien

Of course it has meaning.

Do you really think Dembele would have cost you £130 million if PSG hadn't been putting figures of 160+ around for Mbappe? Saying the market was normal this season is just wrong, it wasn't, it was over inflated and everybody knows it.

Look at all the transfer records, they go up in increments throughout history, PSG just came in and paid double the last record. DOUBLE.

Dembele is flat out not worth what you paid, nor is Mbappe worth 180m. PSG paid that amount & for Neymar because effectively money is worthless to them since they have so much, clubs who actually are trying to balance there books (Madrid, Man United, Barcelona) won't spent 350m on two ***UNPROVEN*** players because it makes no financial sense in the present time.

If you really think any board of a football club would take a gamble on 1st in the league over a guaranteed 2nd in the league +200m, I can't help you.
To football fans who are not paying anything, it has no meaning. (well maybe for socios, but I'm not one)

If Dembele makes us win the CL, i bet not a single Barca fan will care about his price tag.

Ronaldo was bought around 100m euros at the time, which was seen as overpriced as Dembele today, but you will never see any Madrid fan saying it didn't worth it.

Same for Bale since despite all his flaws, he participated in their recent CL win with Carlo when he scored important goals.

If PSG wins the CL thanks to Mbappe it will be the same. Even more since it would be their first. They won't care to have paid 180m. They will parade telling us it was worth every pennies while we rage.

Paying a lot like that is a bet. And to be honest, really honest, how the hell do you measure how much is worth a football player anyways? Because in the head of anyone not a football fan, even 20m for a dude that only shoots in a ball is way too much.

If you ask me, just based on moral values, then Dembele is not even worth the 90m from the CEIS. Yet, I only care about football, and I don't pay the bill. I don't care if Dembele is worth 90m or 140m as long as it makes the club I support shines.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Damn Ferguson & Evra, so rude of them to start a row after Suarez called Evra a N*****, shame on them!

Word in Spanish in Uruguay is different and connotation is different. Besides, anyone who ever played football knows that you'll hear worst things in a heat of the moment. We don't all live with Anglo-Saxon colonial guilt nor do we exist in vacuum. Suarez owes nothing to anyone and least of all to couch sjws who only turn on that mode when it suits their agenda.

Gordo101

To football fans who are not paying anything, it has no meaning. (well maybe for socios, but I'm not one)

If Dembele makes us win the CL, i bet not a single Barca fan will care about his price tag.

Ronaldo was bought around 100m euros at the time, which was seen as overpriced as Dembele today, but you will never see any Madrid fan saying it didn't worth it.

Same for Bale since despite all his flaws, he participated in their recent CL win with Carlo when he scored important goals.

If PSG wins the CL thanks to Mbappe it will be the same. Even more since it would be their first. They won't care to have paid 180m. They will parade telling us it was worth every pennies while we rage.

Paying a lot like that is a bet. And to be honest, really honest, how the hell do you measure how much is worth a football player anyways? Because in the head of anyone not a football fan, even 20m for a dude that only shoots in a ball is way too much.

If you ask me, just based on moral values, then Dembele is not even worth the 90m from the CEIS. Yet, I only care about football, and I don't pay the bill. I don't care if Dembele is worth 90m or 140m as long as it makes the club I support shines.

I agree with everything you you said, but it still means every club overpaid this summer. Barca or RM, or even MU, Juvenile, Byern would all say no to those fees as they are already established global brands.

Perhaps it could be cost effective for a club like PSG to invest heavily in order to grow the brand, but it's a massive gamble no sane business person would take unless they have huge amounts of cash, which PSG apparently does.

Regarding Ronaldo, I think most clubs would stump up 200m for a 25 year old Ronaldo,or Messi etc. At that age they are proven and established players. Mbappe/Dembele are neither proven or established. They could turn out to be 1-2 season wonders, or they could be 2 of the best players we have ever seen, but not even MU, RM or Barca were previously willing to put down world record fees on a chance. PSG messed up the market.

Gordo101

Word in Spanish in Uruguay is different and connotation is different. Besides, anyone who ever played football knows that you'll hear worst things in a heat of the moment. We don't all live with Anglo-Saxon colonial guilt nor do we exist in vacuum. Suarez owes nothing to anyone and least of all to couch sjws who only turn on that mode when it suits their agenda.

Evra is a very intelligent man, and has proven good character throughout his career. Suarez bit someone and tried saying he landed on them with his teeth. Who do you think the objective observer is going to believe?

Secondly, I think you aren't using SJW in the tight context here, it's used for people overreacting to stupid shit, the world has gone PC mad but if you think frowning upon racial slurs makes you an SJW, you are just not very intelligent at all.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Evra is a very intelligent man, and has proven good character throughout his career. Suarez bit someone and tried saying he landed on them with his teeth. Who do you think the objective observer is going to believe?

Secondly, I think you aren't using SJW in the tight context here, it's used for people overreacting to stupid shit, the world has gone PC mad but if you think frowning upon racial slurs makes you an SJW, you are just a not very intelligent at all.

You have already lied about what Suarez said and used the likes of Ferguson as some kind of example to trust when he didnt do anything about allegations against Schmeicel.

Evra a good character? Do you remember how he helped sabotage the French World Cup in 2010 and behaved like a complete cunt? Cheats behind his wifes back etc. He is not a good character at all and doesnt seem all that intelligent.

Gordo101

You have already lied about what Suarez said and used the likes of Ferguson as some kind of example to trust when he didnt do anything about allegations against Schmeicel.

Evra a good character? Do you remember how he helped sabotage the French World Cup in 2010 and behaved like a complete cunt? Cheats behind his wifes back etc. He is not a good character at all and doesnt seem all that intelligent.

If I used the wrong racial slur, does it change anything? If not, what is the meaning of that paragraph you wrote?

No judge, I didn't call him a XXXXXX, I said he was (insult racial slur). Still guilty.

You see in this little thought experiment I created for you, the outcome is still the same.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously things I say fly over your head. You should stick to trolling. On other forums though.

JamDav1982

If I used the wrong racial slur, does it change anything? If not, what is the meaning of that paragraph you wrote?

No judge, I didn't call him a XXXXXX, I said he was (insult racial slur). Still guilty.

You see in this little thought experiment I created for you, the outcome is still the same.

You lied about what was said and lied about Evra and Ferguson.

The 'thought experiment' just makes you look worse as doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans