7 - Philippe Coutinho - V1

BarçaBarça

A proved technical gifted player, with eye for both goal, assist/key passes and passes surely would be comfortable at this Barca-team, right?
I don't think it matters much that he plays leftwing right now, he can adapt to a slightly different position, it is the skillset that matters, and he is on a higher level than our current midfielders..

Liverpool have almost the same amount of revenue as Chelsea. Coutinho is a star and starter for a very rich club. 90m is the least we should expect. Mkhytarian had a year left on his contract by the way.

Players from Leipzig and Nice will naturally be less expensive than players from a very rich team like Liverpool! That should go without saying.
Somebody needs to explain to me, why Liverpool r considered very rich and Leipzig owned by Red Bull with an ambitious project r not. If one club dont need money, then its Leipzig.

Jombi

Somebody needs to explain to me, why Liverpool r considered very rich and Leipzig owned by Red Bull with an ambitious project r not. If one club dont need money, then its Leipzig.

Their annual revenues are on two different planets. Leipzig cant just go crazy with the wages and will have to follow the FFP rules.

khaled_a_d

Leipzig is in his 1st year in Bundesliga with an ambitious project. We are yet to know what are they gonna do in the market.
They could be sellers,but it could be the opposite too. It is pure guessing game atm

Jombi

Leipzig is in his 1st year in Bundesliga with an ambitious project. We are yet to know what are they gonna do in the market.
They could be sellers,but it could be the opposite too. It is pure guessing game atm

We can probably quadruple Naby Keita's wages. Will Leipzig respond? Cant see them being in a position to do much. Its not like City and PSG.

khaled_a_d

We can probably quadruple Naby Keita's wages. Will Leipzig respond? Cant see them being in a position to do much. Its not like City and PSG.

He has 3 years contract,they could very well tell him to stay put and play the game. Many clubs done it b4.
Bundesliga is way less demanding financially that EPL,for that Liepzig can keep their players until their contract is over the way BVB have done several times and still be competitive.
And there is a ton of ways to play around FFP atm,and even its punishments is loose. They can careless for a few years about it and all they get a spending cap for a season.
Again,not saying it is what they are gonna do, they are the unknowns at the moment. It is pure guessing.
As for Liverpool,they have long history of selling their best players. Sterling,Suarez,Mascherano,Xavi,Owen and the list goes on and on. They are pricey but they are also sellers

Messi983

There are rumours that Leipzig won't be allowed to play in CL so that could also play in our favour if we'd go after Keita.

Jombi

He has 3 years contract,they could very well tell him to stay put and play the game. Many clubs done it b4.
Bundesliga is way less demanding financially that EPL,for that Liepzig can keep their players until their contract is over the way BVB have done several times and still be competitive.
And there is a ton of ways to play around FFP atm,and even its punishments is loose. They can careless for a few years about it and all they get a spending cap for a season.
Again,not saying it is what they are gonna do, they are the unknowns at the moment. It is pure guessing.
As for Liverpool,they have long history of selling their best players. Sterling,Suarez,Mascherano,Xavi,Owen and the list goes on and on. They are pricey but they are also sellers

Times have changed. Liverpool have almost the same revenue as Chelsea. They have a lot of money these days.

Regarding Leipzig, I havent seen any evidence that it is that easy to ignore the FFP rules. Not a lot of investment coming in from super rich people either, so I wouldnt count on some type of new PSG situation with Leipzig. Their players are not earning much, and they want to move if Barca come knocking.

I can see Keita going for 45m euros if we want him and I'd say that is probably our best midfield option. Lemar and particularly Coutinho will be extraordinary expensive (perhaps impossible for Coutinho although Neymar helps).

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Times have changed. Liverpool have almost the same revenue as Chelsea. They have a lot of money these days.

Regarding Leipzig, I havent seen any evidence that it is that easy to ignore the FFP rules. Not a lot of investment coming in from super rich people either, so I wouldnt count on some type of new PSG situation with Leipzig. Their players are not earning much, and they want to move if Barca come knocking.

PSG and City has been showing it can be manipulated in the market man,Liepzig isn't as rich but it is one thing to pay huge money and to retain your players. They don't pay much and can easily retain their player with good contracts with RB and stuff. They have signed top german prospect like Selke when they were at 2nd division. That speaks a lot about their plans.
again not saying you are wrong,but it isn't known yet. Next summer will answer it.

As for Liverpool I am not sure what change in times? Suarez and Sterling was sold in 2014& 2015.
Obviously if both in the market Coutinho will cost more,there is no argument against that

Windhook

I think it was settled actually

No, the decision hangs in the air for the now. UEFA comittees gather after the end of domestic football season in Germany to discuss and announce their verdict. Otherwise stating in February "No, sorry, Leipzig, you are not allowed in UEFA club competitions" could lead to match-fixing and other bad sportsmanships.

Leipzig case is similar to Roman Abramovich's involvement in both Chelsea and CSKA Moskva ownership but by different companies. The thing is both clubs in Leipzig case are owned by one company (Red Bull). Red Bull Salzburg being already established in UEFA club competitions will probably get the vote.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans