7 - Ferran Torres

behindbrowneyes

Really stupid decision from Xavi! He wanted to showcase his new toy and did him no favour! Did he even train with the squad? IIRC he was tested positive when he was declared fit. And it could be seen on the pitch. No chemistry with team mates. No connection. Some good runs he is used from the national team but that's it. You don't play a new player in a Clasico as his first game after coming back from a 3 month injury. If necessary, bring him from the bench and not from the start.

However, I remain sceptical towards his qualities. I am willing to give him time to see how he does in Barca colours.

JamDav1982

How do you expect him to get chemistry and learn?

There was nothing wrong with Xavi starting him and Abde was a whole new level of shite when he came on anyway.

Messi983

I think Xavi just wanted to give playing time to all players returning from injuries and not playing all of them at the same time which makes sense so one between Ferran, Ansu and Pedri had to start.

Probably also counted with a possibility the game will go to ET, so starting Ferran and sub him off at HT is better than him coming on at HT/early in 2nd half and then possibly play 60-75 minutes (which he's not ready for) or waste a sub and take him off like he did with Abde.

BBZ8800

'No one'

Moan about the attacking players... ask who Barca should try to sign?

'No one'

Same shite in circles.

You wouldn't be a good CEO.

Just because our midfield suck, it doesn't mean that we should throw money around.

I will make a few examples.

Let's say that the quality of our current attackers is 70 out of 100 (something like skills in FIFA and manager games).

And now, if there is a guy who's skills are 75, then:
1. if he is free, you can risk with him
2. if he costs 5-10m plus wages, it is aleady a so-so transfer
3. if his cost is 50m + wages and he brings more or less nothing compared to what we already have, then the price is way too high compared to what we have and how big improvement that player is over our current players.

On the other hand, if a new guy has skills 85 or 90, that is a significant improvement over what we already have and the risk is worth it.
But you don't pay 65m for a guy who looks the same as any other attacker whom we already have.

I will make an analogy with Eric Garcia.
Is it better to have him in a team or not?
= it is better to have him.

Is Eric any better than players which we already had in Pique, Lenglet, Araujo?
= not really. He is the same as them, or even worse. But he is younger so he might improve.

So, compared to the last season, is our defense stronger with the addition of Eric?
= imo, no.

Was it worth to sign him?
= it was. But for the price of 0-10m.
Everything more than 10m for him is not worth it.

Now, the price of Ferran Torres compared to attackers which we already have is the same as paying 50m for Garcia.
Is Garcia ok? Yes.
Is he worth 50m? No way.

Imo, the same is with Ferran.
Is it ok to have him in a team? Yes
Is he worth 65m in a covid era? Lol, hell no.

The price paid for Ferran is comparable to Dembele and Griezmann since we have 1B debt and it is Covid time.
In normal times, this is equal to a 80-100m for more or less nobody.

Never forget, this guy was available for 20m last season but we passed on him for a failure named Trincao.
Since we passed on Ferran, he moved to City, played as a ghost for 18 Months and scored a few goals in the NT team.

So, basically his club career till now is = zero impact.
And the only highlight are NT matches.

There is a high chance that we bought our own James Rodriguez.
A guy who never did anything on a club level but had one good NT WC tournament.

Regarding Torres, I don't want to shit as much as I am doing right, but:
1. even his highlights look shit. Open any video from 2020/21 or 2021/22 season and his highlights look worse than Munir's.
2. and then you have City's fans who know him better who said that he was mostly a non factor, a bad winger, slow, not a good dribbler, without a clear position.
3. then he debutes here and plays exactly as bad as at City and as in highlights

My prediction is that he will be Eric Garcia of attackers.
Not good, not bad. So-so domestic player.

Even Trincao's highlights look miles more spectacular than Ferran's.

JamDav1982

Aye so still 'no one' is the answer as to who you think Barca should buy.

Classic BBZ drivel.

'Midfield is shit but I wont name names as who should bring in as too scared goes wrong'.

That sentence is quicker than the usual clueless essays.

BBZ the CEO would have Mingueza, Busi, Coutinho and 'better than Messi' Braithwaite as spine of team in last year. Only players praised as his favs.

Top stuff.

Last edited:

iniestaGOAT

You wouldn't be a good CEO.

Just because our midfield suck, it doesn't mean that we should throw money around.

I will make a few examples.

Let's say that the quality of our current attackers is 70 out of 100 (something like skills in FIFA and manager games).

And now, if there is a guy who's skills are 75, then:
1. if he is free, you can risk with him
2. if he costs 5-10m plus wages, it is aleady a so-so transfer
3. if his cost is 50m + wages and he brings more or less nothing compared to what we already have, then the price is way too high compared to what we have and how big improvement that player is over our current players.

On the other hand, if a new guy has skills 85 or 90, that is a significant improvement over what we already have and the risk is worth it.
But you don't pay 65m for a guy who looks the same as any other attacker whom we already have.

I will make an analogy with Eric Garcia.
Is it better to have him in a team or not?
= it is better to have him.

Is Eric any better than players which we already had in Pique, Lenglet, Araujo?
= not really. He is the same as them, or even worse. But he is younger so he might improve.

So, compared to the last season, is our defense stronger with the addition of Eric?
= imo, no.

Was it worth to sign him?
= it was. But for the price of 0-10m.
Everything more than 10m for him is not worth it.

Now, the price of Ferran Torres compared to attackers which we already have is the same as paying 50m for Garcia.
Is Garcia ok? Yes.
Is he worth 50m? No way.

Imo, the same is with Ferran.
Is it ok to have him in a team? Yes
Is he worth 65m in a covid era? Lol, hell no.

The price paid for Ferran is comparable to Dembele and Griezmann since we have 1B debt and it is Covid time.
In normal times, this is equal to a 80-100m for more or less nobody.

Never forget, this guy was available for 20m last season but we passed on him for a failure named Trincao.
Since we passed on Ferran, he moved to City, played as a ghost for 18 Months and scored a few goals in the NT team.

So, basically his club career till now is = zero impact.
And the only highlight are NT matches.

There is a high chance that we bought our own James Rodriguez.
A guy who never did anything on a club level but had one good NT WC tournament.

Regarding Torres, I don't want to shit as much as I am doing right, but:
1. even his highlights look shit. Open any video from 2020/21 or 2021/22 season and his highlights look worse than Munir's.
2. and then you have City's fans who know him better who said that he was mostly a non factor, a bad winger, slow, not a good dribbler, without a clear position.
3. then he debutes here and plays exactly as bad as at City and as in highlights

My prediction is that he will be Eric Garcia of attackers.
Not good, not bad. So-so domestic player.

Even Trincao's highlights look miles more spectacular than Ferran's.

Thanks for posting a whole bunch of nothing.

This site is filled with gimmick posters. It's pathetic.

Mateka

I think City knew what they had. Pep knew and could see where to develop and play him.

I don t think Barca or Xavi know what they have at present. I say that based on 45 mins of football.

FinBarcelonafan

I think City knew what they had. Pep knew and could see where to develop and play him.

I don t think Barca or Xavi know what they have at present. I say that based on 45 mins of football.

They don't see him as a striker because we are looking for a striker from market, Cavani/Morata. It's weird though. CF is what Pep was planning for him and we are trying to make him into a winger.

I agree, one thing in this worries me, what is the plan? And is wing really his best spot? Where does he fit in our squad??

It's a bit of headscrather.

He is versatile, which is a plus but he has no defined position per say.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

BBZ the CEO would have Mingueza, Busi, Coutinho and 'better than Messi' Braithwaite as spine of team in last year. Only players praised as his favs.

Top stuff.

You forgot Germany at World Cup 2018 :wub:

Seriously, are you making files on your laptop about which players every Barcaforum member likes/dislikes.

I only remember some guys, who are leaning towards hard core La Masia/Pepistas in general like FcBarca, DonAk, (Don Andres in the past). Or Gregorrin who likes every single young player out there to insane levels.

If you would ask me now what are some of JamDavs opinions in the past, I only remember that you hate Puig and Busi.
I don't have a clue about your (or anyone else's except a few hardcore guys) opinions on every single player.

But kudos, top stuff.
You are a GOAT level of following and making notes what every single user said from 2013 till today.

Please stop doing that, it looks very weird and obsessive.

Messigician

Seriously, are you making files on your laptop about which players every Barcaforum member likes/dislikes.

I only remember some guys, who are leaning towards hard core La Masia/Pepistas in general like FcBarca, DonAk, (Don Andres in the past). Or Gregorrin who likes every single young player out there to insane levels.

If you would ask me now what are some of JamDavs opinions in the past, I only remember that you hate Puig and Busi.
I don't have a clue about your (or anyone else's except a few hardcore guys) opinions on every single player.

But kudos, top stuff.
You are a GOAT level of following and making notes what every single user said from 2013 till today.

Gettem BBZ

Rassvet

But kudos, top stuff.

well said Boss

Home of Barca Fans