7 - Ferran Torres

Zidane82

He?s quite literally back in a few weeks

I admire your optimism .. there is a difference between him coming back and coming BACK !!

How long did he manage last time he came back ??

Was it about 25 minutes or something ?

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It's too early to say that Ansu is done. His injury record is obviously scary but wouldn't be the first player to be very injury plagued early in his career.

With that being said Barca should not be relying on him or planning to rely on him. We have to sign a RW to replace Dembele and a #9 this summer, or at the latest the next summer. Even if fit, the way Xavi want to play I don't think either Ferran or Ansu would be good options as strikers.

Ansu will have to stay healthy and fight his way back to the starting lineup as the LW. Won't be surprised if he beats Ferran out for it, but he has to stay healthy first.

El Gato

Villarato!

Robben didn't get hurt nearly as much early on. He used to get hurt for weeks and months at a time, but he's never had a run where he'd be gone for a season and couldn't return from. By time he was 26 he's missed 1 season if you added all injuries up. Sort of as much as Varane or another player that type.

Fati is a Woodgate or Umtiti right now - got crocked and nobody knows whether his body will hold up whenever you press him to return. Only lucky he's young. Vallejo had a year full of intermittent injuries at RM, but he's become an average La Liga player when before he'd be a promising lad that would take game to Juventus at home having had no match fitness going into it.

Total-Football

Much much better contributions than say depay or Garcia. I'm very optimistic when it comes to ferran because he seems to be a real system player who is all about doing the assignment. It's not strange he is the offspring of Pep. What he lacks in individual brilliance he compensates with a very good understanding of space and movement and coordination, also dedication. He wastes balls because he is involved and available and intelligent in movement. If he somehow just improves his shooting and finishing he would be at the very least a good asset.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, i'm starting to like him. He shows moments of brilliance here and there, but also fails a lot, but also is so involved in a lot of action that failing a lot at this point in (just few months in rejuvenated Barca under new coach) is just consequence of being so proactive. For instance, Adama, who has gotten a lot more love, has been very isolated from general Barca play and mostly serves as an outlet on far right wing to stretch the play and MAYBE gave some good cross. His linkup with Pedri before his golazo wasn't the first instance of such intelligent play i remember. Despite linking with others a lot, he also has great amount of shots at goal that mostly fail for now, but our other forwards are lot less effective in the former, so i can get why Xavi wants him there. With Adama, Auba and Dejong (and even Dembele switching one of them) as forward line, we would have lot less control overall. Give this chap some time. He does fume good vibes even, if he wont become world beater.

mc_lovin

I feel the biggest complaint people have about him is that he's no Messi/Ronaldinho. If we had our star player in attack Ferran would be golden. I love players who know how to work off the ball.

Home of Barca Fans