6 - Gavi

Neeraj

I was wary of people hyping him way too much. I'm actually sold on Pedri genuinely being a world class talent, I think it's quite obvious to see, even though he obviously needs to add more in terms of goal threat and productivity which I'm sure he will as he gets older.

Gavi though..I like him, I really do. He's a good, young player to have. That's all it should be for now. Neither is he a world beater already nor is he trash. Our desperation leads us to hail the next decent talent as our saviour, we did the exact same thing with Fati, and that leads to unrealistic expectations. Having FDJ (and maybe Kessie?) as ahead of him in the pecking order with whom he has to fight for places..that should be his status quo. Not automatic starter in the midfield.

mateopol

Pedri was fabulous for Spain in his breakthrough season , then the following year Gavi took his place and starred for Spain and in the Euros

They can both thrive against foreign opposition/ opponents but the system has to be right

Gavi didn't play for Spain at Euros. He debuted in UEFA Nations League after the Euros.

Zidane82

I was wary of people hyping him way too much. I'm actually sold on Pedri genuinely being a world class talent, I think it's quite obvious to see, even though he obviously needs to add more in terms of goal threat and productivity which I'm sure he will as he gets older.

Gavi though..I like him, I really do. He's a good, young player to have. That's all it should be for now. Neither is he a world beater already nor is he trash. Our desperation leads us to hail the next decent talent as our saviour, we did the exact same thing with Fati, and that leads to unrealistic expectations. Having FDJ (and maybe Kessie?) as ahead of him in the pecking order with whom he has to fight for places..that should be his status quo. Not automatic starter in the midfield.
See I used to think similarly to you .. but where Pedri has some brilliant traits I see Gavi having an even higher ceiling ..

He shows moments of brilliance with his first touch , vision and neat flicks as does Pedri but Gavi appears to have a few more tools .. his closing down and fearless tackling is spectacular in one so young

His work ethic and sheer brave determination should not be under appreciated..

Zidane82

Gavi didn't play for Spain at Euros. He debuted in UEFA Nations League after the Euros.

Thanks .. . Yes you are correct it was Pedri who shone at the Euros .. as regards Gavi ? they were still serious internationals though which was my point

Last edited:

Iniesta Ultra

it hurts when you see those dumb posts on twitter saying "god created Pedri & Gavi for those who couldn't watch Xavi & Iniesta"

I don't read twitter but it's pretty sad to have read it many times on barcaforum. There's a lot of soft backpedaling recently though just because it's so far from reality posters would simply look retarded continuing to assert so.

The problem with Barcelona is, everybody search for "next Xavi", "next Iniesta", "next Messi".
Gavi is solid player, young and he can be very good if everything comes together but he is't and he will never be Xavi or "next Xavi".
Second one, you everybody must know that chemistry like Xavi-Iniesta-Messi and Messi-Suarez-Neymar comes one in a lifetime. Is't possible that young players play well together, and after some time play really well but Xavi-Iniesta duo could do "blindfold pass whenever you wish". They were like bees, and knew every second where the other one is.

Andresito

Staff member
Games where the opponents sit back doesn't suit him. His strength is his intensity and pressing. On the ball he still has much to learn to become effective.

Wouldn't mind playing Frenkie or Kessie in Inter type of games and Gavi against Bayern.

Nazario1985

:lol:

FeeFzsLXkAEm03e

Home of Barca Fans