6 - Gavi

CatalinR10

Least he could have done after years of suffering.

wjWmLMl.jpg

Zidane82

I thought he was guaranteed to sign with us !?

###

Liverpool 'ready' for Gavi move

Liverpool are 'preparing' to pay the 42m release clause in Gavi's contract at Barcelona, according to Spanish outlet El Nacional, who claim that the 17-year-old is stalling over an extension of his current deal.

Gavi is supposedly seeking a significant wage bump that Barcelona are not capable of offering him, but as long as the Spanish side do not relent, the teenager's release clause will remain very tempting and attainable.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I thought he was guaranteed to sign with us !?

###

Liverpool 'ready' for Gavi move

Liverpool are 'preparing' to pay the 42m release clause in Gavi's contract at Barcelona, according to Spanish outlet El Nacional, who claim that the 17-year-old is stalling over an extension of his current deal.

Gavi is supposedly seeking a significant wage bump that Barcelona are not capable of offering him, but as long as the Spanish side do not relent, the teenager's release clause will remain very tempting and attainable.

Please stop posting stuff from garbage sources like The Sun and El Nacional.

Zidane82

Please stop posting stuff from garbage sources like The Sun and El Nacional.
I did not !!

It is the official Liverpool based newspaper ..

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool-fc-news/features/liverpool-transfer-barcelona-jurgen-klopp-23665419.amp

FinBarcelonafan

Any team in the world would offer 42million for Gavi. That's no news.

I doubt Liverpool would offer more money than Barca, they are way more careful with money, hence Klopps comment about Haaland. They look for Bargains.

If Gavi really was leaving, PSG and ManU would offer him ridiculous wages.

Unless Gavi has Liverpool fetish, it ain't happening. Liverpool will never outbid Barca, PSG or ManU.

Catta

Why would Gavi leave Barca where he will learn for Xavi, the greatest midfielder ever, and play alongside magicians like Pedri and Frenkie, just to sign for Liverpool, where Klopp would turn him in the next Milner.

He will be 18 in August, so they are probably waiting until his birthday to make it official, have no worries that he will renew.

Porque

Liverpool has a couple of top young midfielders coming through too. As good as he has been for us, an impact there is no guarantee.

The best place for Gavi is Barcelona. He will sign.

mc_lovin

Liverpool has a couple of top young midfielders coming through too. As good as he has been for us, an impact there is no guarantee.

The best place for Gavi is Barcelona. He will sign.

Pretty much every team has a couple of "top young midfielders" coming through. But it's not very interesting as long as they are not established.

It's like us saying we can sell Gavi, because Pablo Torre is coming up. As far as I am concerned as long as talents haven't shown to perform in the first team they are generic and replaceable. I have seen too many identical looking, sublimely technical midfield talents that didn't make it.

Gavi is different gravy.

Andresito

Staff member
I was thinking Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott. Seems the latter is more of a wideman though.

Yes. Elliott has played CM a lot. Despite Gavi being Gavi, Liverpool won't rank him higher than their own two future superstars. Which means Barcelona is a much better place for him to develop.

Zidane82

Why would Gavi leave Barca where he will learn for Xavi, the greatest midfielder ever, and play alongside magicians like Pedri and Frenkie, just to sign for Liverpool, where Klopp would turn him in the next Milner.

He will be 18 in August, so they are probably waiting until his birthday to make it official, have no worries that he will renew.
Some people are tempted by money .. I?d guess Liverpool have far more than us seeing that we are supposedly close to bankruptcy .

I hope and think he is a level headed kid though

mc_lovin

He is staying. Stop it.

Obviously.

Yes. Elliott has played CM a lot. Despite Gavi being Gavi, Liverpool won't rank him higher than their own two future superstars. Which means Barcelona is a much better place for him to develop.

Both barely played, no? Gavi is close to being a starter, heck, he played more than Fede Valverde, Grealish :)lol:) and co. Gavi did the hardest part, establishing himself. The others did not (yet).

Home of Barca Fans