6 - Gavi

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Here is his game yesterday:
One great cross (where he had earlier taken the ball from Jutgla in an offside position), one nice attempt at a dribble, one nice lob pass where he lost the ball later and another one-two too where he also lost the ball immediately afterwards.
And countless (well around 30) tempo sinking side passes, looked like an old man doing a manual job he worked his entire life, just routinely making the movements, a lot of the time. I guess some call that "maturity".

LOOOL, text-book definition of Busquets...

Bobo32

He played in the most difficult part of the match, and came off when the intensity had dropped.

Nice excuse... Well there is some truth to it maybe, but he wasn't that great today. A lot of "fans" on this page seems to base their judgements a lot from the close-ups when the game is stopped... Oh, he looks so determined! Oh he looked Casemiro in the eyes! etc...

I thought he did some nice things today, but he was too little involved, and also did too little creative stuff when he was involved. He is so, so satisfied to just play the sideways pass. I think he is a bit unambitious with the ball.
--
terrible post by evilhita, I don't want to begin to reply to that one.

ajnotkeith

Nice excuse... Well there is some truth to it maybe, but he wasn't that great today.A lot of "fans" on this page seems to base their judgements a lot from the close-ups when the game is stopped... Oh, he looks so determined! Oh he looked Casemiro in the eyes! etc...

I thought he did some nice things today, but he was too little involved, and also did too little creative stuff when he was involved. He is so, so satisfied to just play the sideways pass. I think he is a bit unambitious with the ball.
--
terrible post by evilhita, I don't want to begin to reply to that one.

I agree. Gavi is capable of a lot more than he has been showing in the last few games and talking about his passion endlessly is just masking that.

He has a high motor, yes, and it's nice to see a player running full pelt, but if there is little to show for it it doesn't count for much.

But again it's crazy to have a player this young be a fixture in the starting 11 so it is weird dynamics to criticise him in. Hard to give him responsibility like one of the seniors when he is literally a teenager. Even with Abde/Nico etc those guys have 3+ years on him.

Bobo32

I agree. Gavi is capable of a lot more than he has been showing in the last few games and talking about his passion endlessly is just masking that.

He has a high motor, yes, and it's nice to see a player running full pelt, but if there is little to show for it it doesn't count for much.

But again it's crazy to have a player this young be a fixture in the starting 11 so it is weird dynamics to criticise him in. Hard to give him responsibility like one of the seniors when he is literally a teenager. Even with Abde/Nico etc those guys have 3+ years on him.

Yeah but if he plays, he should be responsible. I have very high hopes for him in the future, but don't think he should be "excused" too much because of his age. I'll say Puigs name here, but also Nicos or Pedris. There are good players that can play if he doesn't play well. Barcelona can buy players, too.
If I was to decide, Gavi and Puig would play regularly, with Nico rotating and Pedri playing winger and maybe sometimes DMC when not rotating on MC, and Frenkie playing defender. But Gavi has to compete like all the rest on equal terms, his age is not important in that sense.

Gnidrologist

One thing i noticed and didn't like, when Pedri came on, he was pushed into right side of the pitch and was isolated from the action most of the time. I think Pedri and Gavi must play much closer to each other. They both got great close control, passing culture and awareness so they would most likely be a great pair to bounce off each other, making one-twos and tik-taks that destabilize defenses. If Xavi and Iniesta had played in opposite parts of the field they'd probably both would turn out lesser players as they fed off each other thanks to similar talents and ability to bypass defenses thanks to that great synergy.

fergus90

Haha yeah the tongue-in-cheek dribble is a bit risky. Don't wanna bite down on that after a crunching tackle!

Gnidrologist

iu

JamDav1982

Dont know what it even means but feels cocky from him and like that side to his game as can back it up and scared of nae cunt.

Home of Barca Fans