6 - Gavi

fergus90

Did well because he showed a more gritty different element to his game today as he wasn't afforded the space and time of pre-season. I'm well and truly aboard his hype train.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Very good today but there was one thing I disliked very much. He progressed very well into a goal-scoring position, but instead slowed down the play and passed to the right. A trademark move for a tippy-tappy La Masia midfielder. FFS just shoot mate, just try your luck as Nico did afterward. Only Ansu has this killer instinct from the recent La Masia graduates.

serghei

Very good today but there was one thing I disliked very much. He progressed very well into a goal-scoring position, but instead slowed down the play and passed to the right. A trademark move for a tippy-tappy La Masia midfielder. FFS just shoot mate, just try your luck as Nico did afterward. Only Ansu has this killer instinct from the recent La Masia graduates.

Think it's an improper understanding on a tactical level or more likely nerves. La Masia is for progression. There is no progression when you take the ball from a shooting central position to a wide one except in very rare situations where the wide player can cut inside quickly and shoot from a 1 vs 1. You basically downgrading the attack by passing to a wide marked man.

Bobo32

Here is his game from today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDsJfwTXioM

What I like most about him is his positioning off the ball, he also has some pretty good small body feints reminiscent of Iniesta that could be seen twice in this video near the corner.
Not really sure that his performance in this game should be praised though...

khaled_a_d

Sadly, Moriba also had that in him

FinBarcelonafan

Gavi: "I will frame the shirt in my room at home and the rest is for the family

Glad to read something like this instead of the Moriba stuff

Andresito

Staff member
Playing style wise very much like Riqui. Current level wise about the same. And he's 5 years younger than Comfy Puig.

Porque

He seemed a bit nervous forcing himself into decisions and trying to play too much for the team. Is normal, being his official debut and all. More good things to come imo. I'm excited.

BusiTheKing

just watching this again

all actions

0:11 - fine i guess
0:16 - nice one but nothing special
0:19 - bad, inexcusable
0:30 - fine i guess
0:36 - good
0:41 - fine
0:52 - fine (balance doesn't exactly look reassuring)
0:59 - fine
1:02 - not terrible but certainly not good
1:09 - fine
1:15 - straight up bad
1:21 - good, but there's a limit to how excited I can get over a player winning a header
1:22 - good
1:28 - straight up bad
1:36 - fine
1:43 - not good
1:47 - not terrible but not good either

I'm not trying to be a downer here and I have nothing against the kid (I created the thread), but this is nothing to get excited about. Mediocre to bad showing.

The best you could say about him is that he was involved. Positioned well and actually offered himself up.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans