6 - Gavi

Andresito

Staff member
Should be done any day now.

FVaBm8UWIAAVWPE

Messigician

Posted 24 hours ago

🚨🚨🎖️| BREAKING: The club hopes to announce Gavi?s renewal in the NEXT few hours. It is practically DONE. @FCBRAC1

Next few hours FC back

If he renews will be on 8m wages or something ludicrous

Bobo32

He was a bit rushed into this position, and LE helped with giving him the start so early too (and Gavi himself helped by playing so well in these games)
Whether these quotes by Busquets and Xavi that I read the other day were fake or not, I agree with them that he has a lot of habits and weaknesses that he needs to improve and change, he is very much an unfinished player, and he is not good enough to start every week for FC Barcelona currently.

But since he was brought in, and played so much, he is in his right to demand a lot, and his next contract will be on the level it should have been in the next negotiation two years from now. It is not good for the wage structure, and his next contract might be a problem if he continues to play well enough (gets playing time and "reputation")

It is well within the realms of possibility that he will be a Sergi Roberto level player 5 years from now, but with a contract that is twice as big.

Porque

He was a bit rushed into this position, and LE helped with giving him the start so early too (and Gavi himself helped by playing so well in these games)
Whether these quotes by Busquets and Xavi that I read the other day were fake or not, I agree with them that he has a lot of habits and weaknesses that he needs to improve and change, he is very much an unfinished player, and he is not good enough to start every week for FC Barcelona currently.

But since he was brought in, and played so much, he is in his right to demand a lot, and his next contract will be on the level it should have been in the next negotiation two years from now. It is not good for the wage structure, and his next contract might be a problem if he continues to play well enough (gets playing time and "reputation")

It is well within the realms of possibility that he will be a Sergi Roberto level player 5 years from now, but with a contract that is twice as big.

Good post.

I don't see a big problem with his contract reaching what we would have liked to have been paying two years from now. Put it this way, he has reached a level earlier than expected and that is good. It has given an opportunity that can afford to sell a player for 80m (de Jong) and reduce our wage bill. One that hasn't really looked to fully understand the way we want to play in a few seasons (well half a season with Xavi) though he had short spurts of being near world class.

The differance between the pair playing in this Barca system is negliable, while the growth potential of Gavi (in this system!) is higher.

Next season Xavi can start a bit more relaxed, work with pre-season to get the team organised and understanding more clearly in the way he intends them to play, while also with a condensed season room for enough rotations and game time and rest for all our options.

In two years time we can assess how well Gavi has progressed, along with Pablo Torres, Nico and even Pedri. If any are showing stagnation, problems in renewal or any other signs of problems then time is on our side for a big sale (I'm thinking more Pedri and Gavi in terms of big sale right now than the other two).

Horatio

You're welcome
He will be better than Sergi Roberto. Has much more confidence and can make his way out of tight spaces when surrounded by players.

Zidane82

Posted 24 hours ago

🚨🚨🎖️| BREAKING: The club hopes to announce Gavi?s renewal in the NEXT few hours. It is practically DONE. @FCBRAC1

Next few hours FC back

If he renews will be on 8m wages or something ludicrous

I truly hope this is correct ..

Home of Barca Fans