6 - Gavi

Zidane82

Mbappe has requested the signing of Gavi by PSG. He wants to learn the complete freedom and self-authenticity of how to play football without the constraints of tied laces. [Marcass]

Surely he should have learnt all that after a season playing with Messi ?

Porque

Surely he should have learnt all that after a season playing with Messi ?

As Buddha once said, give a man a shoe with no laces and he will feel free for a day. But to experience true freedom you give a man a shoe with laces and let him hold the choice to navigate without tieing them.

Raketa10

Doubt Laporta is lying?

If he can lie about Messi last summer then can do same about Gavi this time round.

Lied about plenty so far.

Lying about an intention to renew someone and than fail to do so is different than lying about something that can easily be checked. He might be a liar but he is not that dumb. I am willing to bet that Gavi's agent requested improved offer and we just didn't send it.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
My money is on Laporta lying. He is a politician after all. A failed one but still counts I guess.

Iniesta Ultra

Blessing if Gavi leaves, and Xavi shortly after.

The laces and blowjob mimicking tongue in cheek are almost as annoying as his average IQ.

Last edited:

Kul_z

Blessing if Gavi leaves, and Xavi shortly after.

The laces and blowjob mimicking tongue in cheek are almost as annoying as his average IQ.

Annoying or not, this boy has over 3000 minutes played this season. For example, your homeboy mavericky has less then 1500 minutes played in senior football. He's 23 already lmao.

CatalinR10

Annoying or not, this boy has over 3000 minutes played this season. For example, your homeboy mavericky has less then 1500 minutes played in senior football. He's 23 already lmao.

Absolutely brutal.

200.gif

JamDav1982

Lying about an intention to renew someone and than fail to do so is different than lying about something that can easily be checked. He might be a liar but he is not that dumb. I am willing to bet that Gavi's agent requested improved offer and we just didn't send it.

The Messi lie was bigger and how else would the club lying about offering a contract be exposed than Gavis team saying they havent?

ajnotkeith

If this guy leaves after playing 3000 minutes for Barca at 17 :lol:

Moriba in the making

I mean, from what's been said in the media, this literally sounds like the Messi situation all over again.

IDLP says they haven't responded to Barca's renewal offer because there isn't one. Just like how Messi wasn't given a choice and Laporta just said 'you're leaving' lol.

I would guess currently without some exits they aren't in a position to promise a competitive offer and therefore selling Gavi might be on the table.

Porque

Laporta said that even Sergi Roberto can't be renewed yet because of the salary cup. So if Roberto can not be, then Gavi can not be.

So then comes the question of delicacy and that if the situation is that shoestring, why even renew Sergi Roberto at all.

And a final question, given Gavi age, and our salary cap constraints are we sure that our offer to Gavi is an A team contract, or a B team contract whilst continuing to play in the A team. A way to get around the salary cap, but also possibly a lower than expected/deserved wage.

ajnotkeith

Laporta said that even Sergi Roberto can't be renewed yet because of the salary cup. So if Roberto can not be, then Gavi can not be.

So then comes the question of delicacy and that if the situation is that shoestring, why even renew Sergi Roberto at all.

And a final question, given Gavi age, and our salary cap constraints are we sure that our offer to Gavi is an A team contract, or a B team contract whilst continuing to play in the A team. A way to get around the salary cap, but also possibly a lower than expected/deserved wage.

Imagine if we had not made CL. Scary stuff. Would have probably had to sell half the team.

We could try to give him a B team contract but I think RFEF might exercise their discretion and block it because he's clearly being used for the first-team, and Barca want to dodge the salary cap. Also seems like IDLP and Gavi's reps won't fuck with that and will want a proper A team contract, with millions net to boot.

Porque

Imagine if we had not made CL. Scary stuff. Would have probably had to sell half the team.

We could try to give him a B team contract but I think RFEF might exercise their discretion and block it because he's clearly being used for the first-team, and Barca want to dodge the salary cap. Also seems like IDLP and Gavi's reps won't fuck with that and will want a proper A team contract, with millions net to boot.

Good point.

I think rightly or wrongly, Laporta is trying to put public pressure on Gavi personally to accept the offer, or push his agents to take it. Obviously the agent didn't expect the move and took it offensively given their response. I'm not sure if it is a good thing for the president to air his laundry, but I do like that he made public that Gavi has a year on his contract and that his agents are trying to play our offer against other potential offers. Which if true is in breach of FIFA rules, but of course hard to prove.

But this is the football world we are beginning to enter, where agents stand to make bigger commissions with players entering the free agency pool than in the transfer fee. And new FIFA rules to limit this come into effect 2024, so it may be in their personal interests to not have Gavi renew and try to drag this out.

Iniesta Ultra

All these minutes given by Koeman and Xavi is the real LMAO. So many average IQ posters defending an average IQ player smfh.

Home of Barca Fans